Cinderella - In Concert DVD

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Cinderella - In Concert DVD

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:43 pm

OK, so I sat down to watch this DVD that I picked up at my local used DVD/CD/Book store. The more I watched Jeff LeBar, the more I thought about Jake! :lol: Kinda creepy huh? Anyway, is it just me or did this guy (Jeff LeBar) try to mimick Jake's looks and some of his stage moves?

As far as playing ability, there's no question in my mind who's better, but looks and stage moves, they're similar. It's just an observation that I've never made before, so I was wondering if any of you thought anything similar.

Ultimate Sinner

Re: Cinderella - In Concert DVD

Postby Demon_A_Go-Go » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:22 pm

Yep they're pretty the same kind of attitude on stage but completely different on the fretboard :D

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:47 pm

Never seen it...and probably never will. I'm just not into Tom Kiefer's voice. I find it extremely grating, like he ought to be endorsing "sucrets" or "Ricola" or some other throat lozenge.

That other dude, Mark Slaughter (is that his name?) is the same way for me. As a trained singer, I find it hard to believe that it doesn't hurt them to sing that way. I sang 5 nights a week for years and only had "laryngitis" a few times. I wonder if those guys can still speak after a tour.

Anyway, sorry if I hijacked the thread. :)

Disclaimer: Just my opinion and not meant to offend anybody.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:24 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:OK, so I sat down to watch this DVD that I picked up at my local used DVD/CD/Book store. The more I watched Jeff LeBar, the more I thought about Jake! :lol: Kinda creepy huh? Anyway, is it just me or did this guy (Jeff LeBar) try to mimick Jake's looks and some of his stage moves?

As far as playing ability, there's no question in my mind who's better, but looks and stage moves, they're similar. It's just an observation that I've never made before, so I was wondering if any of you thought anything similar.
Funny you should bring that up because thats exactly what i was thinking when i saw the DVD. I love it and it brings back alot of memories. Tom Keifer has more talent in his pinky toe than any of the new bands today have all together. Going to see them and POISON is St. Louis Mo. this summer and i cant wait. Though i already had a post on this DVD a few months ago its nice to see other people still enjoying 80s rock which was the best ever bar none.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:36 am

Deansolo wrote:Never seen it...and probably never will. I'm just not into Tom Kiefer's voice. I find it extremely grating, like he ought to be endorsing "sucrets" or "Ricola" or some other throat lozenge.

Disclaimer: Just my opinion and not meant to offend anybody.

I have to agree with you on that Dean. I tried, I really tried to see what was so good about this band and I just don't get it. I have a friend that thinks this band is great. To me, they sound like an Aerosmith wannabe. Been there, done that-nothing original.

Disclaimer: Just my opinion and I don't care if it offends somebody.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:53 am

Cinderella isn't my favorite band or anything, but having said that, they're one of the premier bands of 80s hard rock, IMO. I must be a little different or odd, because I still enjoy 80s hardrock, yet I like my new power/prog metal stuff too. My wife would tell you that I just like to spend money on music period! :-)

Harddriver, I agree with the talent comment that you made regarding Kiefer if you're strictly referring to "main stream" acts here in the states. Having said that, I can't honestly say that Kiefer is more talented than all new metal out there. There's a difference between nu metal and new metal by the way.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:53 am

Demon_A_Go-Go wrote:Yep they're pretty the same kind of attitude on stage but completely different on the fretboard :D

Great minds think alike Demon! :lol:

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:54 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Cinderella isn't my favorite band or anything, but having said that, they're one of the premier bands of 80s hard rock, IMO. I must be a little different or odd, because I still enjoy 80s hardrock, yet I like my new power/prog metal stuff too. My wife would tell you that I just like to spend money on music period! :-)

Harddriver, I agree with the talent comment that you made regarding Kiefer if you're strictly referring to "main stream" acts here in the states. Having said that, I can't honestly say that Kiefer is more talented than all new metal out there. There's a difference between nu metal and new metal by the way.
Oh exactly and i think that is something i need to clarify. When i slam on new music i am refering to the mainstream crap and the trash they play on the radio.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:03 am

I am still a big fan of Long Cold Winter and Heart Break station those were great records.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:12 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote: I must be a little different or odd, because I still enjoy 80s hardrock, yet I like my new power/prog metal stuff too. My wife would tell you that I just like to spend money on music period! :-)

Having said that, I can't honestly say that Kiefer is more talented than all new metal out there. There's a difference between nu metal and new metal by the way.

You're not the odd man out because I enjoy 80's hardrock as well - but not all of it. Some of it was utterly ridiculous. It's hard to take someone serious that is wearing his sister's makeup.

I never really had a problem with the music of Cinderella or Kiefer's playing...it was the vocals that just got on my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard.

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:20 am

Yes, Poet..I met Jeff.. A little taller than Jake..and this was my Feeling back in 88/89..Cinders were a great live band..maybe it was/were the beers..but I remember it well..Tom had a plexi Les paul ..although ....

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:38 am

Charvelised wrote: ..Cinders were a great live band..maybe it was/were the beers..but I remember it well..Tom had a plexi Les paul ..although ....

There is something to say about seeing a band live. You get a totally different take on them when you do as opposed to watching a DVD or listening to a CD. Maybe if I would have seen them live, I would think differently.

I thought Guiffria was pretty boring - until they opened for Deep Purple. They put on a hell of show and that changed my perception of them.

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:53 am

Having Been mistaken for Craig Goldie/Goldy(yes I have Flat nose/Big Lips..Though not 6ft 5!) at gig..I found his Solo spot in Guiffria too long, However, in Dio he was Perfect!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:06 pm

mrmetal wrote:
Charvelised wrote: ..Cinders were a great live band..maybe it was/were the beers..but I remember it well..Tom had a plexi Les paul ..although ....

There is something to say about seeing a band live. You get a totally different take on them when you do as opposed to watching a DVD or listening to a CD. Maybe if I would have seen them live, I would think differently.

I thought Guiffria was pretty boring - until they opened for Deep Purple. They put on a hell of show and that changed my perception of them.

Yes, I agree with you on both points. I also saw Guiffria with Deep Purple and I thought they were great!

I also agree that seeing a band live can be totally different than just listening to the record and watching the videos. Case in point: The Fixx...I know, I know..Not metal. I saw them at a festival in Mexico (whole bunch of 80's rock bands) and they ROCKED! Totally different sound and attitude. The guitar player, Cy something-or-other could really play GUITAR! It changed my perception of them as well. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:08 pm

So if Tom keifers vocals are like nails to a chalkboard id have to say i prefer that sound to the left testicle stuck in a meatgrinder sound of all of those prog/power metal vocalists. But i guess you have to squeal like a pig when your singing about the heavens and rainbows and all that rediculous stuff because thats the only way that the demigods of the underworld can hear you. :wink:

Next

Return to Free for all...