sebastian & the nuge??

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

sebastian & the nuge??

Postby Doobie » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:03 am

Here's a portion of a recent interview by Sebastian Bach:

Sebastian said that he had been asked numerous times to appear on a popular VH1 reality show, but he had always said no to VH1's offers. After being rejected eight times, VH1 went back to the drawing board to create a show on which Sebastian might be willing to appear. When VH1 called Bach again to do a different show, he was concerned it might be something ridiculous.

"I'm figuring it's some silly thing," Sebastian laughed. "I've got to eat bugs or bungee cord or some crap that has nothing to do with anything. Then (VH1 says), 'We want you to live with four other musicians in a mansion in Las Vegas for twelve days, and at the end of the twelve days, you have to have a set, at least one brand-new, original song, and you have to do a concert.' And I go, 'Count me in.'"

The music factor was what attracted Sebastian to "Supergroup" in the first place, but he was also thrilled that he was able to work with one of his idols, guitar god Ted Nugent (Bach now considers Nugent a "father figure"). Also included in Damnocracy's lineup are Evan Seinfeld of Biohazard, Scott Ian of Anthrax, and Jason Bonham, the son of the legendary Led Zepplin drummer John Bonham.

Vegas?? They should have asked Jake! You can read the entire interview here: http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.ph ... &Itemid=42

Killer of Giants

Re: sebastian & the nuge??

Postby frethead » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:57 am

Imitation, although flattering as it may be, is the cunning product of thievery

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:13 am

Hence, the "although annoying" part at the beginning of that quote. :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:30 pm

"I'm figuring it's some silly thing," Sebastian laughed. "I've got to eat bugs or bungee cord or some crap that has nothing to do with anything. Then (VH1 says), 'We want you to live with four other musicians in a mansion in Las Vegas for twelve days, and at the end of the twelve days, you have to have a set, at least one brand-new, original song, and you have to do a concert.' And I go, 'Count me in.'"

That is a cool concept though, be interesting to see what they come up with. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:26 pm

Interesting, to say the least. If you clicked that link you read the part where it sounded as if Ted and another talked Seb off the bottle. Wonder how long that lasted ...

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue May 02, 2006 12:34 pm

Hmmm...I'll have to check it out for sure. Needless to say, the song they come up with should rock! I wonder if the live set will consist mainly of Nuge and Skid Row songs?

Jason Bonham is a great drummer, besides the fact of who his dad is. I always really liked Bonham's debut, but I think the music went over the average hard rock listener's head back then. If you'll listen to the rest of the CD, and not just the released song "Wait For You", I believe you'll see what I mean.

Return to Free for all...