Cinderella - In Concert DVD

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Cinderella - In Concert DVD

Postby mrmetal » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:38 am

harddriver wrote:So if Tom keifers vocals are like nails to a chalkboard id have to say i prefer that sound to the left testicle stuck in a meatgrinder sound of all of those prog/power metal vocalists. But i guess you have to squeal like a pig when your singing about the heavens and rainbows and all that rediculous stuff because thats the only way that the demigods of the underworld can hear you. :wink:

Obviously your knowledge of the genre is severly limited. That is a very weak take harddriver.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:25 am

Your right i really havent heard a whole lot from either genre. And while the music is awesome the lyrics are so rediculous its kind of hard for me to get into it. And i just wanted to use the words testicle and meatgrinder in the same sentence :lol: dont mean to offend anyone.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:35 am

if yah want a chalk bourd Voice just put in a Nitro CD or the Vinnie vincent Invation.
at least Tom Keifer was and is still original . Britney Fox was a rip off poison a joke ,and Kiss was a let down in the 80's ,
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:18 am

harddriver wrote:Your right i really havent heard a whole lot from either genre. And while the music is awesome the lyrics are so rediculous its kind of hard for me to get into it. And i just wanted to use the words testicle and meatgrinder in the same sentence :lol: dont mean to offend anyone.

I have no idea who you are talking about. There are no rainbows and dragons in the lyrics of what I listen to. Unless you mean Dio from back in the day, and no way in hell can Cindy match what he does.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:34 pm

stratattack wrote:at least Tom Keifer was and is still original . Britney Fox was a rip off poison a joke ,and Kiss was a let down in the 80's ,

That is crazy man. Are you saying Tom Keifer was more original than Kiss? I can let some stuff slide, but I can't let that one slide. :roll: Tom isn't even a pimple on Paul Stanley's ass. :twisted:

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:58 pm

mrmetal wrote:
harddriver wrote:Your right i really havent heard a whole lot from either genre. And while the music is awesome the lyrics are so rediculous its kind of hard for me to get into it. And i just wanted to use the words testicle and meatgrinder in the same sentence :lol: dont mean to offend anyone.

I have no idea who you are talking about. There are no rainbows and dragons in the lyrics of what I listen to. Unless you mean Dio from back in the day, and no way in hell can Cindy match what he does.
Who is Cindy :?: and i love Dio 8)

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:04 pm

mrmetal wrote:
stratattack wrote:at least Tom Keifer was and is still original . Britney Fox was a rip off poison a joke ,and Kiss was a let down in the 80's ,

That is crazy man. Are you saying Tom Keifer was more original than Kiss? I can let some stuff slide, but I can't let that one slide. :roll: Tom isn't even a pimple on Paul Stanley's ass. :twisted:
The only original thing about Kiss was their makeup. Songs from the Elder was hoorible and they also wrote a Disco song. 80s kiss was terrible and the fact that they are still touring now with only 2 original members while hiding the other 2 guys in the same makeup is pretty funny and just downright greedy.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:00 pm

mrmetal wrote:
Charvelised wrote: ..Cinders were a great live band..maybe it was/were the beers..but I remember it well..Tom had a plexi Les paul ..although ....

There is something to say about seeing a band live. You get a totally different take on them when you do as opposed to watching a DVD or listening to a CD. Maybe if I would have seen them live, I would think differently.

I thought Guiffria was pretty boring - until they opened for Deep Purple. They put on a hell of show and that changed my perception of them.

Yeah, the same thing happened to me when I saw Fates Warning open up for Dream Theater and Queensryche a few years ago. I liked FW okay going into the show, but they kicked my ass live, and I've been a huge fan ever since!

If you've never gotten to see that band live, they're fantastic!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:01 pm

harddriver wrote:
mrmetal wrote:

The only original thing about Kiss was their makeup. Songs from the Elder was hoorible and they also wrote a Disco song. 80s kiss was terrible and the fact that they are still touring now with only 2 original members while hiding the other 2 guys in the same makeup is pretty funny and just downright greedy.

Actually, I like 80s Kiss and what the heck is wrong with Eric Singer? Geeze!

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:19 pm

Nothing is wrong with Eric Singer i think he is a great rock drummer. And 80s Kiss is cool i was just messing with you guys :wink:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon May 01, 2006 5:40 am

harddriver wrote:Nothing is wrong with Eric Singer i think he is a great rock drummer. And 80s Kiss is cool i was just messing with you guys :wink:

I thought you were smarter than dissin' a Badlands Alumni! :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Mon May 01, 2006 6:59 am

harddriver wrote:
mrmetal wrote:

No I am not Saying that at all . re-read what I said about Kiss in the *)'S they Sucked it with the exeption of Eric Carr playing drums until his passing from Canser and bruce kulicks great playing , that band was at a loss until the revenge record when eric singer left Badlands to join Kiss..

What I meant about Tom Keifer and the rest of Cinderella was that in the 80's you had alot of bands that were just stupid they were all playing and sound the same but Cinderella was original taking a blues feel to their
stuff kiss in the 70's was AWsome but the 80's realllacked emotion for me.

The same goes for Badlands Jake and the guys brought an original tone to the table .
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue May 02, 2006 12:28 pm

stratattack wrote:
harddriver wrote:
mrmetal wrote:

No I am not Saying that at all . re-read what I said about Kiss in the *)'S they Sucked it with the exeption of Eric Carr playing drums until his passing from Canser and bruce kulicks great playing , that band was at a loss until the revenge record when eric singer left Badlands to join Kiss..

What I meant about Tom Keifer and the rest of Cinderella was that in the 80's you had alot of bands that were just stupid they were all playing and sound the same but Cinderella was original taking a blues feel to their
stuff kiss in the 70's was AWsome but the 80's realllacked emotion for me.

The same goes for Badlands Jake and the guys brought an original tone to the table .

Well, alot of bands were doing the blues thing, but Cinderella's was more of a stripped down/less produced sound of it. Nothing to the degree of Badlands, but at least in the same galaxy. Tom Keifer's vocal style was for sure a trademark and different from the rest of the bands in that era.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue May 02, 2006 1:27 pm

What was so great about his vocals? He was a total Nazareth rip off. He even dressed liked Steve Tyler. At least on the poster in my garage he does. lol...

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Tue May 02, 2006 5:41 pm

I bet that poster is hanging next to your life size C.C. Deville poster. :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...