Cinderella - In Concert DVD

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Cinderella - In Concert DVD

Postby stratattack » Tue May 02, 2006 7:26 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
stratattack wrote:
harddriver wrote:
mrmetal wrote:
stratattack wrote:at least Tom Keifer was and is still original . Britney Fox was a rip off poison a joke ,and Kiss was a let down in the 80's ,

That is crazy man. Are you saying Tom Keifer was more original than Kiss? I can let some stuff slide, but I can't let that one slide. :roll: Tom isn't even a pimple on Paul Stanley's ass. :twisted:
The only original thing about Kiss was their makeup. Songs from the Elder was hoorible and they also wrote a Disco song. 80s kiss was terrible and the fact that they are still touring now with only 2 original members while hiding the other 2 guys in the same makeup is pretty funny and just downright greedy.

No I am not Saying that at all . re-read what I said about Kiss in the *)'S they Sucked it with the exeption of Eric Carr playing drums until his passing from Canser and bruce kulicks great playing , that band was at a loss until the revenge record when eric singer left Badlands to join Kiss..

What I meant about Tom Keifer and the rest of Cinderella was that in the 80's you had alot of bands that were just stupid they were all playing and sound the same but Cinderella was original taking a blues feel to their
stuff kiss in the 70's was AWsome but the 80's realllacked emotion for me.

The same goes for Badlands Jake and the guys brought an original tone to the table .

Well, alot of bands were doing the blues thing, but Cinderella's was more of a stripped down/less produced sound of it. Nothing to the degree of Badlands, but at least in the same galaxy. Tom Keifer's vocal style was for sure a trademark and different from the rest of the bands in that era.

I agree Tom keifer had that Trademark voice but he was NO ray gillian ray had a way more soulful voice and as for Jake well thats a Given :D
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed May 03, 2006 6:15 am

mrmetal wrote:What was so great about his vocals? He was a total Nazareth rip off. He even dressed liked Steve Tyler. At least on the poster in my garage he does. lol...

Technically, nothing. He just did his thing well, and was very recongnizable back in the day. Cinderella was very classic rock sounding compared to some of the glam slam stuff back then you have to admit! :D

What are you doing with a poster of Tom anyways? 8O

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed May 03, 2006 6:17 am

stratattack wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
stratattack wrote:
harddriver wrote:
mrmetal wrote:
stratattack wrote:at least Tom Keifer was and is still original . Britney Fox was a rip off poison a joke ,and Kiss was a let down in the 80's ,

That is crazy man. Are you saying Tom Keifer was more original than Kiss? I can let some stuff slide, but I can't let that one slide. :roll: Tom isn't even a pimple on Paul Stanley's ass. :twisted:
The only original thing about Kiss was their makeup. Songs from the Elder was hoorible and they also wrote a Disco song. 80s kiss was terrible and the fact that they are still touring now with only 2 original members while hiding the other 2 guys in the same makeup is pretty funny and just downright greedy.

No I am not Saying that at all . re-read what I said about Kiss in the *)'S they Sucked it with the exeption of Eric Carr playing drums until his passing from Canser and bruce kulicks great playing , that band was at a loss until the revenge record when eric singer left Badlands to join Kiss..

What I meant about Tom Keifer and the rest of Cinderella was that in the 80's you had alot of bands that were just stupid they were all playing and sound the same but Cinderella was original taking a blues feel to their
stuff kiss in the 70's was AWsome but the 80's realllacked emotion for me.

The same goes for Badlands Jake and the guys brought an original tone to the table .

Well, alot of bands were doing the blues thing, but Cinderella's was more of a stripped down/less produced sound of it. Nothing to the degree of Badlands, but at least in the same galaxy. Tom Keifer's vocal style was for sure a trademark and different from the rest of the bands in that era.

I agree Tom keifer had that Trademark voice but he was NO ray gillian ray had a way more soulful voice and as for Jake well thats a Given :D

Stratattack, no one, and I mean no one is Ray Gillen! I don't think they'll ever be a better rock vocalist!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed May 03, 2006 6:59 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote: What are you doing with a poster of Tom anyways? 8O

It's a long story. :lol:

Previous

Return to Free for all...