Jake & Joe Holmes

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Jake & Joe Holmes

Postby Shadow » Thu May 04, 2006 6:28 pm

For sure fame Pioneer Vocalist Ozzy Osbourne should respectfully give proper Credits and Coverage in the History Music video's/DVD's to "all" the great musician*s that give their ultimate high energies and vintage Class works & Co-works that ultimately "cemented" his music Career to further successful heights: and without a doubt most definately the Premiere Guitarists/Musicians Randy Rhoads, Jake E. Lee and Zakk Wylde plays an vital part in. I'm more familiar w/Randy and Jake more so & I highly treasure & admire them. I like Zakk Wylde too and know his been with Ozzy Osbourne the longest and that OZZY accepts Zakk & obviously Randy more then anyone yet still there's the hard earnest vintage Classic works & Co-works that Jake E. Lee's Signature is on and there great Master Classic's: Bark At the Moon and The Ultimate Sin are excellent supreme albums/Cd's as are Dairy of A Madman and Blizzard of Ozz that totally took the roof off. With legendary Trailblazer Guitarist Randy Rhoads untimely sad passing (may he rest in sweet harmony) outstanding Trailblazer Guitarists like Jake E. Lee, Zakk Wylde and Joe Holmes (not very familiar w/him but none the less I'm sure he shined also) "all" done an extraodinary job in Ozzy Osbourne band and they continue to capture the Music World ultmost attentions! Peace.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Thu May 04, 2006 10:46 pm

mrmetal wrote:
stratattack wrote: I dont drink or do anything that Impairs my playing

So that is what is causing my problems. :lol:

Step away from the Budwieser! :twisted:

LOL and your beer in the U.S is watered down swamp water, I didnt know u could actually get pissed on it.

Back to subject, I wish I could have seen Ozzy with any guitarist let alone Jake. He has just never come here. Black Label Society are coming here September, looking forward to that, but would rather see Jake over here. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri May 05, 2006 7:23 am

Rock wrote:LOL and your beer in the U.S is watered down swamp water, I didnt know u could actually get pissed on it.

No doubt man, what is it like 5% or something like that? It takes quite a few more to get the full effect, but you can get there.

For real beer in the US, one has to visit the micro-brewers. They offer some beers at 7.15% alcohol.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Fri May 05, 2006 8:33 am

if yah want real beer goto Germany!!!!! or England !!!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri May 05, 2006 8:42 am

stratattack wrote:if yah want real beer goto Germany!!!!! or England !!!!!

or even the Netherlands :D
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri May 05, 2006 8:54 am

stratattack wrote:if yah want real beer goto Germany!!!!! or England !!!!!

I do when the company foots the bill!

Postby CommanderColby » Fri May 05, 2006 2:52 pm

Demon_A_Go-Go wrote:How many studio songs are written by Joe Holmes at all in his Ozzy days?

"That I never had" and "Junkie" from Ozzy's last album Down To Earth were written by Joe.

He can clone other players parts, but when it comes to being in the studio and writing his own stuff, he isn't very good. That's the reason why Zakk has back in the band since then: Joe can't get it done in the studio.

That, and onstage, Joe is one of the most boring metal guitarists you'll ever see. Zero stage presence.
The user formerly known as Commander Colby.

Postby Rokgtar » Fri May 05, 2006 7:29 pm

stratattack wrote:
mrmetal wrote:Joe did great when I saw him too. Did a great BATM like Metal Head commented on and his version of Revelation/Steal Away was another dead on rendition. I thought he was a great, great player.

How much did you drink at the show Strat? Kidding of course.

I dont drink or do anything that Impairs my playing , I just didnt like his sound maybe it was the Venue I was at (the portland Civic center in Portland Maine),

his sound just didnt do it for me hell maybe it was because it was not Zakk or Jake !! who knows. whatever it was It did not do it for me at all!!!

I saw Ozzy before Randy with my dad when he had brad Gillis play for him and that show rocked I never saw him with randy which I wished I could have But I saw him three times with jake and about 6 times with Zakk plus 1 time with the Black sabbath reuions which kicked ass of course. :twisted:

You couldn't have seen Ozzy w/ Brad before Randy because Brad came into the picture to fill Randy's shoes after Randy was killed.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat May 06, 2006 3:01 am

stratattack wrote: I saw Ozzy before Randy with my dad when he had brad Gillis play for him

YOU DID WHAT ?! :P
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sat May 06, 2006 3:08 am

mrmetal wrote:
Rock wrote:LOL and your beer in the U.S is watered down swamp water, I didnt know u could actually get pissed on it.

No doubt man, what is it like 5% or something like that? It takes quite a few more to get the full effect, but you can get there.

For real beer in the US, one has to visit the micro-brewers. They offer some beers at 7.15% alcohol.

Hahaha....thats almost our normal beers here, we have so many beers here mainstream it isnt funny. The worst thing is, the only beer u guys really know of, is Fosters, and just about no one drinks that shit here, we hide the good shit for ourselves..lol :)

Postby Fretman » Sat May 06, 2006 8:49 am

mrmetal wrote:

Have you been to that brewer over on Bay Area? Good stuff.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Sat May 06, 2006 9:27 am

Rock wrote: Hahaha....thats almost our normal beers here, we have so many beers here mainstream it isnt funny. The worst thing is, the only beer u guys really know of, is Fosters, and just about no one drinks that shit here, we hide the good shit for ourselves..lol :)

That is good to know, because personally, I didn't like Fosters. I tend to lean towards the beer from Mexico. Not Corona!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Sat May 06, 2006 9:27 am

Fretman wrote:
Have you been to that brewer over on Bay Area? Good stuff.

Oh yeah....several times. There is a cool one in Kemah too on the water...

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Sat May 06, 2006 9:29 am

Fretman, check out Rock raggin' us for our shitty, watered-down beer. Like we have a choice in the matter. :D

If they wanted to bring stronger beer to the states, you know I wouldn't complain.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sat May 06, 2006 5:31 pm

mrmetal wrote:Fretman, check out Rock raggin' us for our shitty, watered-down beer. Like we have a choice in the matter. :D

If they wanted to bring stronger beer to the states, you know I wouldn't complain.

HAhaha, I feel sorry for u, not working against u here. :) At least u have my 2 fave drinks, and that is Jim Beam and Jack's. :)

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...