guitar world

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: guitar world

Postby Gutterflower » Mon May 08, 2006 8:47 pm

The article doesn't even mention Badlands :?

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon May 08, 2006 8:53 pm

oh god, somebody scan it or atleast transcribe it ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue May 09, 2006 4:58 am

I'll scan it when I get home from work tonight 8)

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue May 09, 2006 6:12 am

Well, does anyone think this is step in the right direction for Jake to pursue his music career full-time again? Maybe some sort of tour, new album, etc.?

Postby Fretman » Tue May 09, 2006 7:35 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Well, does anyone think this is step in the right direction for Jake to pursue his music career full-time again? Maybe some sort of tour, new album, etc.?

That actually was a question I submitted, but it wasn't addressed. I found it hard to believe that they wouldn't ask Jake about his future plans...or maybe it was a question he didn't want to answer? :?

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue May 09, 2006 2:42 pm

MetalHead wrote:oh god, somebody scan it or atleast transcribe it ;)

I just scanned it and the quality is bad-it's illegible. :?

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue May 09, 2006 3:27 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Well, does anyone think this is step in the right direction for Jake to pursue his music career full-time again? Maybe some sort of tour, new album, etc.?

Sadly enough, the questions are from prior recordings, concerts, writings, and royalties. They do make it up to Retraced but, there's no news on future endeavors or activities planned. :(
Last edited by Doobie on Tue May 09, 2006 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue May 09, 2006 3:29 pm

lol I just noticed Gutter's new avatar - ^5 for tall, dark and lanky Gutterflower!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue May 09, 2006 4:33 pm

Doobie wrote:lol I just noticed Gutter's new avatar - ^5 for tall, dark and lanky Gutterflower!

I knew you'd appreciate that. LOL Gotta love Mista Bone...TBone, that is :wink:

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Bengal65 » Tue May 09, 2006 7:22 pm

Gutterflower wrote:
Doobie wrote:lol I just noticed Gutter's new avatar - ^5 for tall, dark and lanky Gutterflower!

I knew you'd appreciate that. LOL Gotta love Mista Bone...TBone, that is :wink:

Who's that? :?

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue May 09, 2006 8:56 pm

GUITAR WORLD-July 2006

I found the "answers" from Jake E. Lee's special "Dear Guitar Hero" section in the Guitar World/July 2006 issue very informative/insightful to the questions the fans addressed to him: mainly regarding his earlier music period zone in Ozzy Osbourne band in which Guitarist/Musician Jake E. Lee put alot of Heart & Soul into. It grieves me as it must certainly "pains" him/Jake E. Lee with deep regret (as he so mentions) that his not credited for his inputs in the Ozzy Osbourne-Bark At the Moon Master Classic album/Cd which has JAKE's Blueprint Signature written all over it (it so mentions that Jake E. Lee written the majority to the Bark At the Moon album and was given the options of being paid for the songs but never received any credits or royalties for his Master inputs). Jake mentioned that he'd fought for credit rights/publishing (royalties) for his input in the Ozzy Osbourne-Ultimate Sin Master Classic album & when he was let go/fired well he was given "options" and decided to sell his share regarding the Ultimate Sin. How very sad & painful that must of been for "Bark at the Moon and the Ultimate Sin" are absolutely heavy Hard Rockin'/Metal Classics that definately "shine" with sheer energy and showcases Jake E. Lee's early fine musicianship in OZZY's band. Although I think this is a great "Dear Guitar Hero" section spotlighted Jake E. Lee's music Career it only focuses mainly on his early days w/OZZY (early/mid '80's) and it does hint toward/teasing you in a way bringing up Jake E. Lee-Retraced(Shrapnel Record Label 2005) his newest album/Cd to date (I wish their could of been questions regarding Jake E. Lee-A Fine Pink Mist album/Cd, too/that I did ask about. I really like the song "I Magnify" etc.,. alot! I recall one of my questions was for him to do another Sultry/Blues Rock Instrumental for I like the Sci-fi theme to "A Fine Pink Mist" & would he join forces again w/his Badlands bandmates Greg, Eric & Jeff in dedication to their Frontman Ray Gillen...-yes their should of been more questions) Although I found that this treasure & insightful section focusing on Jake E. Lee's Music Career could of been "more" including his music yrs (late 80's-early 90's) w/his band Badlands (which is brought up when Greg Chaission's name is mentioned when discussing his choice of why he'd picked the ESP Guitars. Yes, I felt it could of been "more" and I hopefully look forward to a "more" Exclusive/Feature Coverage in the very near future on the Rebel Rocker/Musician legend Jake E. Lee (Ozzy Osbourne & Badlands fame and Wicked Alliance, Solo etc.,.) on this very "missed" high energy "twister" of a Musician that certainly Rocked the World. I must admit it was very nice/thrilled to see that the music Transcribes to "Bark At the Moon and Slow Down" were both Transcribed by Jake E. Lee! Peace and JAKE Rocks!

PS. Plus, I asked JAKE what "motivates" him to play with such emotional "grace & speed" to such treasure songs like: Bark At the Moon, Killer of Giants, Winter Calls, High Wire, The Last Time, Shine On, Crush, The Rust (a bulldozer Wicked Alliance masterpiece!), I Magnify, Demon A Go-Go, The Rapture, the Ultimate Sin etc.,. that he so puts his Heart N Soul into. Yes, there should of been more questions! Peace.

Postby nxtkng » Tue May 23, 2006 10:07 am

it's the new guitar world w/ john frusciante on the cover; he's dressed as jesus/satan

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue May 23, 2006 1:27 pm

Well, is the Jake section worth the $7.99 they want for the darned magazine? I saw it at Kroger the other day, but I resisted. I figured it would be one, black/white page of a few questions that we already know the answers to! It sounds like everyone is still pretty clueless as to what Jake is going to do. I don't know why I didn't expect anything more though.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Tue May 23, 2006 7:50 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Well, is the Jake section worth the $7.99 they want for the darned magazine? I saw it at Kroger the other day, but I resisted. I figured it would be one, black/white page of a few questions that we already know the answers to! It sounds like everyone is still pretty clueless as to what Jake is going to do. I don't know why I didn't expect anything more though.

No its NOT!!! thats why I am so Glad I have a subscription because it still leaves us all in the Dark. I never thought I'D say this but I really don't see him touring anytime soon. it really saddens me to say that sorry guys ! I am still hoping for it though so lets keep our fingures crossed,
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue May 23, 2006 9:47 pm

I don't have a subscription to GW. I haven't for many years. I too was shocked at the price!!! But then I figured, S**t, you get a free guitar string and an advertisement CD! LOL!! :lol:

I bought it anyway....:D
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...