American Idol Thread (Rants and Raves from the Jake Forum)

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: American Idol Thread (Rants and Raves from the Jake Foru

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon May 08, 2006 6:07 am

Moose6 wrote:I thought "Renegade" by Chris was his best performance in a long time.

It was great, but I wish that he would've been able to sing the entire song. My wife was like, what song is that? I told her that I couldn't believe that she had never heard that song! After she asked that, I was afraid that none of the teeny boppers would vote for him! :lol:

Postby kathyc » Mon May 08, 2006 6:28 am

Well, just my two cents here but I'm torn about who should win this thing. Taylor is my personal favorite, but both he and Chris don't need to win at this point. They have gotten the exposure and to be locked into AI's "winner" contract would be a detriment. Like Bo, second place is better. Even at that, Bo has had to fight tooth and nail to drive the machine in the direction he wants. Glad to say he's winning, but it's a struggle.
Double edged sword, this American Idol thang.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon May 08, 2006 1:27 pm

kathyc wrote:Well, just my two cents here but I'm torn about who should win this thing. Taylor is my personal favorite, but both he and Chris don't need to win at this point. They have gotten the exposure and to be locked into AI's "winner" contract would be a detriment. Like Bo, second place is better. Even at that, Bo has had to fight tooth and nail to drive the machine in the direction he wants. Glad to say he's winning, but it's a struggle.
Double edged sword, this American Idol thang.

KathyC, I was wondering what happened to you! I agree totally with what you're saying. In other words, if Chris wins or even places second, he'll be singing sorry, weak song underneath the AI Contract! I'm like you, I'd hate to see that happen to him. I could probably buy it more coming from Taylor, but Chris should've tried out for the Rock Star show instead of AI anyways, IMO.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed May 10, 2006 10:23 am

So what did you all think of last night's Elvis theme?

I originally didn't care that much for Elliot, but he's been growing on me. It's obvious that he's gotten the most out of the coaching, style tips, wardrobe, etc and he seems to get better and better each week vocally. He did very well with a little known Elvis song. He's the sleeper in the competition.

I can't stand Taylor-you either like him or you don't. That being said, I think that the judges' praise will end up earning him a lot of votes this week.

Chris did well, as he always does. Even a mediocre performance from him is still decent.

I think that Katherine may be the one to go! She is the AI type, but vocally she seems to be the weakest. Or maybe it was just the song choices, I don't know.

Someone post on the board who gets booted...I'll be watching LOST tonight!

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Wed May 10, 2006 11:19 am

I love the Backstreet Boys!...

Killer of Giants

Postby Moose6 » Wed May 10, 2006 2:14 pm

I think Katherine has the strongest voice, especially for AI, but she was at a huge disadvantage with Elvis themed songs. Unfortunately, I think she will be the one to go... but I hope not.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed May 10, 2006 2:36 pm

I heard they are going to can American Idol and replace it with Queer Eye for the Idol Guy.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed May 10, 2006 2:56 pm

water cooler talk at work today: "Katharine and Elliott are the two low runners in a poll taken for last night's performances".

if Katharine gets booted because she couldn't belt out Elvis, shame on the voters. They should make next week Barbra Streisand *vomits* themed and see how many guys excel with it. pishawww.

i think chris is staying
i think taylor is staying *pukes*
i dunno if katharine will be forgiven for last night or not.
i believe elliott will (unfairly) get the kick in the ass.
but, I'm not a psychic, just a psycho.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed May 10, 2006 6:47 pm

spoiler: don't read this if you're on the east coast and haven't seen the show

UGGGGHHHH! I knew I shouldn't have started watching this show.
I only have one thing to say about tonight ...... TONE DEAF PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know why it's upsets me so, the show lost any credibility with me the year Rueben won. I'm hoping Chris' votes go to Katharine or Elliott ... anyone but Taylor. One more, UGGGGHHHHH!
Eff you see kay!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed May 10, 2006 7:14 pm

I was fucking FLOOOOORED!! Obviously everyone assumed he was safe, so they overcompensated and voted for their other favorites.

He's better off. Now he can go and front Fuel or something, and not worry about doing a fluff album for AI. Out of the remaining 3, I like Elliott... but Taylor will probably end up winning. :roll:

Killer of Giants

Postby Moose6 » Wed May 10, 2006 7:16 pm

I'M STUNNED!!!! I hate to tell you this Doobie, but with Chris gone, Taylor has one heck of a chance to win the whole thing.

I'm still pulling for Katherine (especially with Chris gone), but she really needs to kick A$$ next week since she just used her last life-line.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu May 11, 2006 3:01 am

frethead wrote:I heard they are going to can American Idol and replace it with Queer Eye for the Idol Guy.

Hahaha! :lol:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu May 11, 2006 5:54 am

Well, I have to eat some crow for breakfast this morning. In my original prediction, I said that the final show would come down to Chris and Taylor, and Taylor would prevail. Do I want that to happen? Of course not.

I hope Chris realizes that he'll have a better/fullfilling music career without those Management 19 jackasses! Like Marty from the Rock Star Show, Chris will be able to make the record that he's capable of.

If you want to listen to a band that Chris could truly front, then listen to Shinedown. I'd start out with Leaving A Whisper, which is their debut. The lead vocalist from this band sings his ass off like Chris. It's good stuff, so I highly recommend Shinedown.

Well, Poets is still sticking with his final prediction regarding the winner, Taylor. For some reason or the other America is in the middle of a sleazy love affair with this clown!

From this point on, I could care less who wins, because the final three ARE NOT true American Idols. Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have set the standard for AI criteria, and Taylor, Katherine, and Elliot all fall short!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri May 12, 2006 7:29 am

Fuel has apparently offered Chris a job: http://television.aol.com/franchise/top5.adp

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon May 15, 2006 5:48 am

Doobie wrote:Fuel has apparently offered Chris a job: http://television.aol.com/franchise/top5.adp

They'd be a great fit for him, but I wasn't aware that the band lost the original lead singer :?:

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...