Two white Charvels?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Two white Charvels?

Postby timstar » Sun May 21, 2006 1:33 pm

Am i right in thinking that apart from the Fender white Charvel Jake also had an actual white Charvel with 4 bolt neck plate (you can see the Charvel logo), one hum, bottom of body input jack (as seen on the Bark live vid).

I never realised that?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Two white Charvels?

Postby Highwire » Sun May 21, 2006 2:11 pm

I believe the 2nd one you're talking about would be the Charvel "Holdsworth" model listed in the equipment section of the site. The finish is listed as "Daphne Blue" - sort of a slightly blue-tinged white.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun May 21, 2006 8:57 pm

Highwire wrote:I believe the 2nd one you're talking about would be the Charvel "Holdsworth" model listed in the equipment section of the site. The finish is listed as "Daphne Blue" - sort of a slightly blue-tinged white.

it's indeed daphne-blue.
I too thought it was white at first :oops:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Mon May 22, 2006 8:15 am

MetalHead wrote:
Highwire wrote:I believe the 2nd one you're talking about would be the Charvel "Holdsworth" model listed in the equipment section of the site. The finish is listed as "Daphne Blue" - sort of a slightly blue-tinged white.

it's indeed daphne-blue.
I too thought it was white at first :oops:

Thats the one Holdworth Hated out of all the Holdsworth Models ever built he said in an interview that he wished he never endorced it . hell I thought it was better the the Ibanez or the steinburger holdsworths!! and the Carvin AH is UGLY!!! and Jake got some great sounds out of them .
I always liked the red one Jake had !!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Highwire » Mon May 22, 2006 10:05 am

Funny thing for me is that for the first 47 million times I watched the BATM Salt Lake City vid, I thought he was only using the Fender and the red guitar, but one day for some reason I noticed the Daphne Blue one had 22 frets (The Fender only has 21), and then I noticed the different output jacks and the lack of single coils 8O . They both look white though (at least on my copy).

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:23 pm

Highwire wrote:They both look white though (at least on my copy).

They do on mine too ;)

I thought for the longest time that it was white as well,
until I was proven wrong.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:26 pm

Are you really sure it's daphne blue?? hmmm, I googled "daphne blue" and a couple of bright turquoise strats were shown... seemed a bit too dark to to take it for white... just a thought... where did you get that daphne-thing from?

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:45 pm

hashima wrote:Are you really sure it's daphne blue?? hmmm, I googled "daphne blue" and a couple of bright turquoise strats were shown... seemed a bit too dark to to take it for white... just a thought... where did you get that daphne-thing from?

All Access Member

Postby dave1021 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:36 am

Speaking of the Daphne blue Charvel. I think it was in service longer than we thought. I was watching my Ultimate Ozzy vid and during "Flying High Again", I thought Jake was playing "whitey" then I noticied that the jack was in the wrong spot. So I watched it again and it sure looks the the daphne blue one to me. Any thoughts. Also .. check www.fender.com and look at the color chart at Daphne blue, very light. Easy to mistake it for white under stage lights.

Dave
...And somebody said Fair Warning, Lord strike that poor boy down. Turned from hunted into hunter, went to hunt somebody down.--Van Halen

Return to All things Jake E Lee...