Skid Row Reunion ?

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Skid Row Reunion ?

Postby harddriver » Sun May 21, 2006 10:01 am

Man that would be great :D Its just a rumor now but im praying it happens soon. Real vocals and actual musicians playing music 8O man its been a long time since anything like that happened around here. OK haters please insert corny hairband jokes here ____________________ . And remember jealousy is the sincerest form of flattery.

Ultimate Sinner

Re: Skid Row Reunion ?

Postby Olaf » Sun May 21, 2006 3:15 pm

harddriver wrote:Man that would be great :D Its just a rumor now but im praying it happens soon. Real vocals and actual musicians playing music 8O man its been a long time since anything like that happened around here. OK haters please insert corny hairband jokes here ____________________ . And remember jealousy is the sincerest form of flattery.

I would never,ever, put Skid Row in the catagory of "hair bands". Not that ther is anything wrong with hair bands, but, Skid Row is so much better than most if not all of those bands were.

I would love to see this happen.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon May 22, 2006 5:49 am

harddriver wrote:Man that would be great :D Its just a rumor now but im praying it happens soon. Real vocals and actual musicians playing music 8O man its been a long time since anything like that happened around here. OK haters please insert corny hairband jokes here ____________________ . And remember jealousy is the sincerest form of flattery.

Don't ever put Skid Row in the same category as the Poison's of this world. The Row got dealt a bad hand when that happened to them back in the day, so a Skid Row re-union is welcomed at anytime in Poet's humble opinion.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Mon May 22, 2006 8:12 am

yah my question could be if Sabo and Bach can let got of their tiffs .
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon May 22, 2006 9:55 am

I would like to see a Skid Row reunion, no joke from me.... :D

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Mon May 22, 2006 10:54 am

Oh i dont lump Skid Row in with all the hair bands either. I just didnt know how everybody else felt about them. Two of my favorite bands from that era Tesla and Skid Row are always put in there and by the way im not a Poison fan at all i just think its funny how ticked off people get when there name is mentioned :D Poor Ol Poison :cry: just trying to make a living. 35 million records sold worldwide 8O i guess they wont be getting a real Job anytime soon.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon May 22, 2006 11:02 am

harddriver wrote: :D Poor Ol Poison :cry: just trying to make a living. 35 million records sold worldwide 8O i guess they wont be getting a real Job anytime soon.

I don't think you will either. They can sit around and congradulate themselves for almost selling as much Brittney Spears.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Mon May 22, 2006 11:10 am

mrmetal wrote:
harddriver wrote: :D Poor Ol Poison :cry: just trying to make a living. 35 million records sold worldwide 8O i guess they wont be getting a real Job anytime soon.

I don't think you will either. They can sit around and congradulate themselves for almost selling as much Brittney Spears.
The sad thing is that Brett Michaels is a much better looking chick than Britney lately. :lol: K-FED must die and soon. :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon May 22, 2006 1:29 pm

mrmetal wrote:

8O :lol: Hahaha! The thing is tho'.....Don't rag on Britney, teeny-boppers need Idol's too! :)

BTW, I too would def like to see a Skid Row reunion. One of the best IMO. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue May 23, 2006 8:20 am

harddriver wrote:Oh i dont lump Skid Row in with all the hair bands either. I just didnt know how everybody else felt about them. Two of my favorite bands from that era Tesla and Skid Row are always put in there and by the way im not a Poison fan at all i just think its funny how ticked off people get when there name is mentioned :D Poor Ol Poison :cry: just trying to make a living. 35 million records sold worldwide 8O i guess they wont be getting a real Job anytime soon.

Yes driver, you're a Poison fan boy, so quit denying it! :lol: Both Telsa and Skid Row are respectable bands from the 80s era, IMO.

All Access Member

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Mon May 29, 2006 11:33 am

Baz made an announcement on the site that Affuso and Sabo wont be touring with skid row in 2006. They used Keri Kelli for guitar to replace Sabo. Keri is good but hes no sabo

Postby skezza » Tue May 30, 2006 11:50 am

Skid Row are one of the bands that turned me narrow onto the rock and roll rollercoaster. They are a great band who had fantastic musicians. And Sebastian was who i wanted to look like for a long time. Dave is a great guitarist and much better than how shall we say, his rival Richie Sambora of Bon Jovi. I reckon had Skid Row continued Bon Jovi wouldnt have been as popular. Its not the same with Jonny Sollinger, welcome back Seba hopefully :)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue May 30, 2006 1:49 pm

IMO - Skid Row was a hair band. Tesla was a hair band. Badlands was a hair band. Winger was a hair band. Motley Crue, Poison, Cinderella, Britney Fox, et al was glam. Big difference between the two, I think.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Tue May 30, 2006 2:36 pm

Actualy Bon jovi Had alot to do with skid row in the begining just like they had alot to do with Cinderella as well ...
now skid row was a way better band then bonblowme and Tesla well rocks the shit off the roof I would NEVER insult great bands like Skid Row or Telsa by calling them Hair bands thats just a low blow!!!! even crue was and is still a rocking freekin band! but the others mention all blow chunks!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue May 30, 2006 2:55 pm

I'm not talking about the playing, I'm talking about the "look". I thought that's what we were differentiating. To me, a hair band was a rockin' band with lonnnnng hair, teased or not. Glam on the other hand rocked, applied tons o' make-up and had lonnnnnng hair. The look is different IMO, not necessarily the playing.

Next

Return to Free for all...