Badlands drummer/On the Classic Metal Show

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Badlands drummer/On the Classic Metal Show

Postby Shadow » Wed May 24, 2006 7:01 pm

I thought the in-depth Radio Interview w/Badlands drummer/RacerX Singer Jeff Martin on the Classic Metal Show (May 20th) was a “solid/straight” to the Heart Interview: discussing his time music journey w/both legendary bands particular going in-depth about his music journey with BADLANDS. He’d mentioned if they had a better Business music connection with their Record labels Titanium and Atlantic that Badlands would have gone more further/Sky’s the limits in their chosen music field of Hard Rock/Bayou Blues Funk that is BADLANDS Classic Trademark. But with all the conflicts after their second album Badlands – Voodoo Highway 1990 (which is a “awesome” Hard Rock/Funk fusion album that has added complexity to it) their were suggested to go into a different music direction from their Record Company Atlantic for a more modern Rock sound (not so Raw core) which torn the band in a kind of limbo when the founding members Front man/Vocalist Ray Gillen and Guitarist Jake E. Lee came to odds with one another in their choose of music direction which toward the end Ray wanted a more Modern Rock groove & Jake wanted to stay with their original raw groove sound. Plus when their Tour with AC/DC was cancelled/pulled due to some music mishap (to learn some new Cover songs/I believe but Badlands wanted to do their own songs! I can understand that.) and poor Business management connection with the Promotional Tour(s). It’s a shame and really sad that BADLANDS faced so many barriers & with their Front man Ray Gillen being fatally ill, they (Ray, Jake, Greg & Jeff) still strived on Touring & paying out of their own pockets (when Atlantic Records stopped supporting their Tours) to arrange their own Concerts to bring their groovin’ unique music blends to the Cities in the USA. I do believe the last show that Atlantic Records did scheduled/supported BADLANDS in was the UK Tour Summer 1992 in Scotland & England, etc.,. were all successful (Plus Badlands performed an phenomenal live show at the famous London Astoria in July 1992. I would love for it to be release in DVD & Audio formats!) which Jeff mentions that BADLANDS totally blew everyone away in this Classic Metal Show (check it out www.theclassicmetalshow.com it’s a excellent deeply “sincere” Interview w/the Badlands drummer) coverage Interview. I found this Jeff’s in-depth Interview a refreshing eye opener to the legendary BADLANDS band and his compliments toward Ray being one of the most greatest Singers in Rock with his special blends of jip per jap Vocalized phrasing really complimented Jake’s extraordinary Funk fusion/Hard Rock Blues Guitar styles (in whom Jake E. Lee is quite heavily influenced by his Idol Guitarist/Musician Jimi Hendrix). Jeff also mentions that Jake E. Lee is one of the most unique Guitarist/Musician(s) out there that is quite “earnest & true” to his musicianship and does things 100% with clarity or not at all. Very “heavy” impact Interview and wish the Badlands drummer/RacerX singer (Dad) Jeff Martin all the best with his new Solo album/Cd “The Joker” (the Fool) on the Mascot Record Label. :D Peace.

Re: Badlands drummer/On the Classic Metal Show

Postby Fretman » Thu May 25, 2006 6:17 am

Thanks for the info!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu May 25, 2006 8:39 am

Good stuff Shadow...thanks!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Fri May 26, 2006 5:18 pm

What a great interview. Thanks for finding it Shadow.

That has to be the first time anyone really spoke about the end of Badlands. The business side of music really sucks.

Jeff Martin is a good person to interview, very personable, just like on Dag the Giblets.

For the record, the interviewer isn't a bigger Badlands fan than me :P
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:22 pm

Your very welcome: Fretman, PoetsandMadmen & LouZ "thanks" for responding to my Main topic post message above as I've mentioned above it's quite an refreshing eye opener Interview with the Badlands Drummer/Jeff Martin discussing his vintage/rich music journey with his music Badlands gator gritty brothers Ray Gillen-Vocals, Jake E. Lee-Guitars and Greg Chaisson-Bass. Very sincere & awesome in-depth treasure Interview it is! Peace.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...