VH1 Metal Month of May

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

VH1 Metal Month of May

Postby Jiver » Fri May 26, 2006 12:41 pm

If anyone hasn't seen it, with the Memorial Day wkend coming up, maybe you should watch the VH1 Metal Month. On VH1 and VH1 Classic on Digital Cable (or Dish, I think). Cool stuff, and alot of older bands are convered here. I know I've mentioned it, but just saw Ratt's "Behind the Music". Interesting. Showed Jake's pic for a couple of secs when describing Stephen Pearcy's starting up Ratt. Terrible to watch Robbin Crosby's demise due to Heroin. But overall, interesting to watch. And the History of Metal, talking about the progression of Metal from the 70's to today. Now I'm watching the Dark Side of Metal, the 4th installment of the program. Talking about Ozzfest and Marilyn Manson. They've gone thru the Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Priest days, to the supposed demise of Metal due to Punk/New Wave and Disco, the Glam Phase of the 80's, and now the 90's, covering Mettalica, GnR, Anthrax with Public Enemy, MM and Ozzfest. Oh yeah, and the Rap Metal bands like Korn, Limp B, etc...up to the present. Cool stuff overall; check it out if possible.

Personally, I liked the "Music" of the Glam bands of the 80's; they were good hooks, good songwriting, etc..but the look, to see the old pics, look goofy. Altho some out there hold fond memories of those days. When I play with Classic Rock Cover bands, usually play a handful of those 80's songs. Go over well, etc.

All Access Member

Re: VH1 Metal Month of May

Postby harddriver » Fri May 26, 2006 8:29 pm

Bro ive been glued to the TV all weekend checking it out. Ratt Behind the Music was great and Pantera Behind the Music was even better but both ended with tragedy. " HEAVY the history of metal " was well done and very entertaining to say the least.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri May 26, 2006 8:33 pm

\mnnm/

:D
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sat May 27, 2006 6:54 am

yah its about time those bands got some love from the mainstreem.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Return to Free for all...