VH1 Rock Honors

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

VH1 Rock Honors

Postby Gutterflower » Wed May 31, 2006 6:59 pm

Anyone else tuned in? Priest is doing Breaking The Law and Halford's voice doesn't sound that great :( Maybe it's because he's older, I don't know. Ahh...there he is on the Harley. Fists are raised \m/ and they're launching into You've Got Another Thing Coming. whoo! KK and Glenn are rocking! :D

All Access Member

Re: VH1 Rock Honors

Postby Misty » Wed May 31, 2006 8:07 pm

I am watching the Kiss portion right now.....I saw the supergroup with Slash and all. I saw Ace Freley join them on stage. Then when Kiss actually came out and played that definatly did not look like Ace to me. The guy looked younger, shorter hair, and more toned skin in the face. Now I am by no means a Kiss expert but my husband and I think there was an Ace imposter. Are we going crazy or what? Please help.

Thank you
Misty

Postby jefnel1 » Wed May 31, 2006 8:47 pm

LOL! I thought the same thing about the Kiss guitarist. Funny thing, his name is Tommy Thayer - he was the guitarist for Black & Blue. Also, in case you didn't notice, Eric Singer was on Drums.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

All Access Member

Postby Misty » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:35 am

No I didn't notice Eric Singer on the drums, thanks for pointing that out. Any reason why the original members were not there?

Misty

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:01 am

yah Eric has been in Kiss on and off for about 15 years now as for Tommy when Kiss had the first reunion tour in 1996 he had to teach ACE all his old licks with the exeption of rip it out , shock me and cold gin because lets face it ACE was really hammered most of his post Kiss days!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Postby Fretman » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:55 am

Damn...I missed this. Hopefully it will air again.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:01 am

Misty wrote: .....I saw the supergroup with Slash and all.

I am just curious is to how Slash could possibly be involved in anything being referred to as a supergroup?

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:06 am

mrmetal wrote:

I am just curious is to how Slash could possibly be involved in anything being referred to as a supergroup?

Yah I agree it does seem hard to swallow!!! 8O

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:50 am

I saw it....I couldn't believe the cacophany (sp?) of drum noise when Queen was doing "we will rock you/ we are the champions" with those 2 "ass clown amatuers" from Foo fighters. Someone ought to teach those idiots that cymbals are for ACCENTS! Maybe in a bulls**t band like foo fighters you can smash crash cymbals willy-nilly, but when you're invited to jam with QUEEN, you leave room for Brian May's guitar! :x

Just my opinion....Sorry if I offended any Foo Fighters Fans! :roll:
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:24 pm

mrmetal wrote:

I hear ya man. Slash is like the poster child for overated and overhyped guitarests.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:56 pm

I wish that I could of seen this special Music Honors dedicated to Def Leppard, Judas Priest, Kiss and another band that escapes me at this time/I saw it's advertisement in the Guitar World/July 2006 special Collective issue. I don't get Cable TV so I missed out big time and hopefully it will air on Regularly Locale/TV channels in the near future. I bet it was an smashing Music Event. Peace!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:50 pm

Shadow wrote:I wish that I could of seen this special Music Honors dedicated to Def Leppard, Judas Priest, Kiss and another band that escapes me at this time/I saw it's advertisement in the Guitar World/July 2006 special Collective issue. I don't get Cable TV so I missed out big time and hopefully it will air on Regularly Locale/TV channels in the near future. I bet it was an smashing Music Event. Peace!

Don't worry, Shadow. They'll rerun this thing into the ground! :roll: Keep checking your tv guide.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:16 pm

jefnel1 wrote:LOL! I thought the same thing about the Kiss guitarist. Funny thing, his name is Tommy Thayer - he was the guitarist for Black & Blue. Also, in case you didn't notice, Eric Singer was on Drums.

Yep definitely an Ace imposter! He even did all of Ace's stage moves! :x And whats with Eric Singer in the Cat-Man make-up? :? Why couldn't the new guys use different make-up? Same characters just different make-up. The way it is, is like a bait-and switch IMO. :(

On second thought tho'...Since Kiss is a brand name.. and the "characters' are copyrighted,..Technically they could have 4 trained chimps up there in the make-up playing the songs!...as long as it was sanctioned by "the corporation" (Paul,Gene,Peter and Ace)!!! :)

:idea: Wait a minute!...That'd be kinda like "The Oak Ridge Boys"! They've been touring and making records for like 50 years with no membership ties to the original group. 8O .....or like Menudo!..where new members come in and old members must leave! Thus ensuring that the band continues and the money keeps rolling in! Oh man!..what a scam!!! LMAO!!! Hahahahaha! :lol:

Anyway...sorry 'bout that, I'm bored and wanted to post something. :D

Disclaimer: Not meant to burst any bubbles or offend any Kiss fans...new or old.
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:04 am

there is no offence taken Deano we all know its genes gredd that fuels KISS now thats why after the 2002 Farewell tour Ace Frehley Left KIss again he had made his Millions again and this time Invested well and called it a day!!
Peter screwed up and listened to the wrong people again!!!
but Eric Carr is the best drummer Kiss ever had!
Bruce Kulick was the best guitarist Kiss ever had .

Tommy is a Ace Clone he has skill.
Eric Singer is a drummer wno has earned his Kiss Cred!

But I do agree with Deano this whole Kiss thing is gettong Stupid like Menudo!!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:01 am

Yep, I agree with ya Strat about Bruce Kulick and Eric Carr! Both the best Kiss ever had. Tommy Thayer does have the skill and did an excellent job on the VH1 Rock Honors show, and Eric Singer definitely has earned his Kiss cred..... I just think they should change the make-up a little bit. That's all...so they don't confuse the fans. :)

I think both Gene and Paul are greedy and are still using Ace and Peter's make-up to pull in the big bucks!

Just my opinion tho'...
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Next

Return to Free for all...