VH1 Rock Honors

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: VH1 Rock Honors

Postby stratattack » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:09 pm

I totaly agree Deano , its funny how Bruce got the Kiss gig his bro BOB kulick had to sit in for ace all the time in the early 80's but never wanted to be in kiss plus Mark st john reccomended him as well
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:13 am

stratattack wrote:there is no offence taken Deano we all know its genes gredd that fuels KISS now thats why after the 2002 Farewell tour Ace Frehley Left KIss again he had made his Millions again and this time Invested well and called it a day!!
Peter screwed up and listened to the wrong people again!!!
but Eric Carr is the best drummer Kiss ever had!
Bruce Kulick was the best guitarist Kiss ever had .

Tommy is a Ace Clone he has skill.
Eric Singer is a drummer wno has earned his Kiss Cred!

But I do agree with Deano this whole Kiss thing is gettong Stupid like Menudo!!!!

I agree with your remarks about Eric Singer. He'a a great drummer who can actually sing too!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:16 am

Deansolo wrote:Yep, I agree with ya Strat about Bruce Kulick and Eric Carr! Both the best Kiss ever had. Tommy Thayer does have the skill and did an excellent job on the VH1 Rock Honors show, and Eric Singer definitely has earned his Kiss cred..... I just think they should change the make-up a little bit. That's all...so they don't confuse the fans. :)

I think both Gene and Paul are greedy and are still using Ace and Peter's make-up to pull in the big bucks!

Just my opinion tho'...

IMO, if you know your hard rock at all you can tell that isn't Peter and Ace on stage, especially in the drummer spot! Either that or I just pay too close attention to non-important things! :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:49 pm

O yeah?!! Well, I had a Kiss Lovegun and a Kiss lunchbox in the late 70's, and attention isn't payed . . . it's given freely. I liked my Pele lunchbox more, anyway. Gnnnyah!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:58 pm

I had a Planet of the Apes lunch box when I was a kid. How dated is that?

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:07 pm

You guys used a lunchbox?.......Damn, when I was in elementary school if you used any kind of lunchbox you got your ass kicked! When i was in Junior High School if you BROUGHT your lunch you got your ass kicked! And in high school, if you stayed at school for lunch you got your ass kicked!!!
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:19 pm

Pele!!! Scooby Doo!!! Donny and Marie!!! Evil Knievel!!! eh . . . Kiss!!!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:31 pm

Deansolo wrote:You guys used a lunchbox?.......Damn, when I was in elementary school if you used any kind of lunchbox you got your ass kicked! When i was in Junior High School if you BROUGHT your lunch you got your ass kicked! And in high school, if you stayed at school for lunch you got your ass kicked!!!

:lol: Sounds like you went to school in South Compton or something!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:13 pm

No, not quite......I grew up in Oceanside CA, in North San Diego county in the mid '70's.....The surrounding area was kind of rural... Not quite the suburbs like it is now. Oceanside was pretty rough! Surfers AND Biker Gangs! Oceanside at that time was voted one of ythe "10 toughest towns in America" by Newsweek magazine!.....reason being is it borders Camp Pendleton. The largest Marine Corps base in CA. Lots of drug dealers, prostitutes, and con artists that preyed on the Marines, Kinda like a mini L.A..... The whole attitude spilled over to the schools. It's different now...Now it's like a resort town.
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:08 pm

Awe, man!!! I wanted to be a Marine like nobody's business!!! Well, shit. There you go. Shit. Damn it.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:10 pm

You can always wear your camoflage P.J.s and pretend! There's always room for one more Jr. devil dog! OOoo-RAH!

'Ten..Shun! :D

Disclaimer: Just a joke and not meant to offend or disrespect any active duty or former Marine, living or deceased.
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:00 am

Deansolo wrote:No, not quite......I grew up in Oceanside CA, in North San Diego county in the mid '70's.....The surrounding area was kind of rural... Not quite the suburbs like it is now. Oceanside was pretty rough! Surfers AND Biker Gangs! Oceanside at that time was voted one of ythe "10 toughest towns in America" by Newsweek magazine!.....reason being is it borders Camp Pendleton. The largest Marine Corps base in CA. Lots of drug dealers, prostitutes, and con artists that preyed on the Marines, Kinda like a mini L.A..... The whole attitude spilled over to the schools. It's different now...Now it's like a resort town.

Well, that's good that the town is the way it is now. I grew up in a small town of about 7,000 people here in Tennessee, so we didn't have gang activity thank goodness!

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:23 am

not me Boston has more Gangs and Crime then NYC now which is starteling to say the least because all the thuggs have moved from NYC to Boston or Road Island ..which is why alot of freinds are moveing els where now !!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:30 pm

stratattack wrote:not me Boston has more Gangs and Crime then NYC now which is starteling to say the least because all the thuggs have moved from NYC to Boston or Road Island ..which is why alot of freinds are moveing els where now !!!

Believe it or not, but I've never been to either place! Washington DC and Baltimore is the farest north I've been.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:06 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Believe it or not, but I've never been to either place! Washington DC and Baltimore is the farest north I've been.

That's my neck of the woods :D I think I remember you posting that you and Mrs. Poets came up this way for a baseball game? Did you go to Inner Harbor?

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...