How come Jake don't post here?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: How come Jake don't post here?

Postby Deansolo » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:11 pm

Gutterflower wrote:
Doobie wrote:
Deansolo wrote:I think Jake is really "uncle fretty". :D

Uncle Fretty - is that Fretman? If so, funny ... that very same thought has crossed my mind more than once.

Well, if anyone knows it would be Mr. Solo. :wink:
Ican't say.....ask jefnel1. He knows. :wink:
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:13 pm

Deansolo wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Doobie wrote:

Uncle Fretty - is that Fretman? If so, funny ... that very same thought has crossed my mind more than once.

You're such a tease lol

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:39 pm

Gutterflower wrote:
Deansolo wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Doobie wrote:

You're such a tease lol

:lol: I can't say 'cuz I don't know!! :lol: Ask Jeff or Jimi...I'll bet they know :wink:

Uncle Fretty seems to have a lot of insight into all things Jake tho'... doesn't he? :? Stuff like details on his guitars and other obscure details...Hmmm? I wonder..... :wink:
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Postby Fretman » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Deansolo wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Deansolo wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Doobie wrote:

You're such a tease lol

:lol: I can't say 'cuz I don't know!! :lol: Ask Jeff or Jimi...I'll bet they know :wink:

Uncle Fretty seems to have a lot of insight into all things Jake tho'... doesn't he? :? Stuff like details on his guitars and other obscure details...Hmmm? I wonder..... :wink:

:lol: If I was Jake I probably wouldn't tell you that I was. So...I'll tell you that I'm not him and you'll just have to believe me. :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:12 pm

Fretman wrote:
Deansolo wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Deansolo wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Doobie wrote:

You're such a tease lol

:lol: If I was Jake I probably wouldn't tell you that I was. So...I'll tell you that I'm not him and you'll just have to believe me. :lol:

:lol: I believe you man! I know you're not Jake! LOL!!! :lol: It's funny tho'... 'cuz there are a number members here that think you are. :lol:
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Postby Fretman » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:40 am

Deansolo wrote:
Fretman wrote:
Deansolo wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Deansolo wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Doobie wrote:

You're such a tease lol

:lol: I believe you man! I know you're not Jake! LOL!!! :lol: It's funny tho'... 'cuz there are a number members here that think you are. :lol:

Mr. Metal has met me so he can tell everyone here that I ain't him. :lol:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:10 pm

Fretman wrote:
Deansolo wrote:
Fretman wrote:
Deansolo wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Deansolo wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Doobie wrote:

You're such a tease lol

Mr. Metal has met me so he can tell everyone here that I ain't him. :lol:

I can vouch that Fretman isn't "the" Jake! :lol:

Postby skezza » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:56 am

kt88 wrote:will the real jake e lee please come out of hding? :roll:

will the real Jake E please stand up, please stand up, please stand up. i dunno if you guys have heard that song, i heard it on the radio and thought it was quite funny...

Dont like the music though :P

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:11 am

You know, I've got to tell you guys something and I'm not very proud of it . . .
About ten years ago ( what???! OMG!) , I was "private messaging" with a guy that said he was Jake. Back then, I didn't believe him, and I treated him like a jackass when I wasn't asking questions about certain licks, riffs, techniques, etc.,etc.,etc., that I had banged my head against more than one hard wall trying to dig-up, open and straighten-out, which he answered with humbling gratitude. I was a big time, full time drunken a$$hole back then, and I realize now that, in all the time that's passed since then, I haven't ever taken the time to figure out that I actually was in communication with the very Jake E. Lee, himself. I am totally ashamed and have burdened my self to earn the opportunity for apology, for I believe I have contributed to this fine fellow's, whom we all think so much of, decision to abstain from participating in the posts which concern him, or in the least, remaining in-cognito while moving amongst the den of his endearing fans. Lest it be said, I have dried-out, stopped abusing alcohol, stopped smoking, gotten married and put both of my wide, flat feet fully on Mother Glorious. It's as if the "fog of war" had lifted. Would anybody possessing the proper lines of communication give a message to Jake that I would like to PM with him? Truly, a huge load will be lifted off of my chest; however, I am putting forth this effort to remedy any pain and/or pressure my behavior has caused Mr. Jake E. Lee. May I also say that we all seem to be in agreement at Jake E. Lee.com, and would jump at the chance to be able to converse directly with you, Jake. Thankyou.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:24 pm

frethead wrote:You know, I've got to tell you guys something and I'm not very proud of it . . .
About ten years ago ( what???! OMG!) , I was "private messaging" with a guy that said he was Jake. Back then, I didn't believe him, and I treated him like a jackass when I wasn't asking questions about certain licks, riffs, techniques, etc.,etc.,etc., that I had banged my head against more than one hard wall trying to dig-up, open and straighten-out, which he answered with humbling gratitude. I was a big time, full time drunken a$$hole back then, and I realize now that, in all the time that's passed since then, I haven't ever taken the time to figure out that I actually was in communication with the very Jake E. Lee, himself. I am totally ashamed and have burdened my self to earn the opportunity for apology, for I believe I have contributed to this fine fellow's, whom we all think so much of, decision to abstain from participating in the posts which concern him, or in the least, remaining in-cognito while moving amongst the den of his endearing fans. Lest it be said, I have dried-out, stopped abusing alcohol, stopped smoking, gotten married and put both of my wide, flat feet fully on Mother Glorious. It's as if the "fog of war" had lifted. Would anybody possessing the proper lines of communication give a message to Jake that I would like to PM with him? Truly, a huge load will be lifted off of my chest; however, I am putting forth this effort to remedy any pain and/or pressure my behavior has caused Mr. Jake E. Lee. May I also say that we all seem to be in agreement at Jake E. Lee.com, and would jump at the chance to be able to converse directly with you, Jake. Thankyou.
Tommy, at this point, this issue is probably something you're gonna have to just live with... I'm sorry to say. I don't think any amount of apologizing is gonna influence Jake into posting on this board again. I think he's well over the rockstar thing (but I could be wrong) and since he's such a private guy, and so hard to get a hold of, I'm not sure the few people that have his contact info will be able to do anything to help clear this up... But hopefully, Mr. Lee himself will read your post, send you a P.M. and give you the opportunity to get this load off your chest.

Lets cross our fingers and hope he reads your post. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:57 pm

Hey, Dean, I got a chance to find this thread and check for responses. Thanks, buddy. Oddly enough . . . I had been suffering an increasing pressure born of my conscience as this thread appeared, when I was like, "Mommy?"
As I remember, Jake and I had connected at some profound level of technical conversation considering the finer points of how "feeling" or attitude is translated to and/or through the chosen instrument of expression. I was getting up with great excitement, endlessly hung-over, in the mornings to check for further correspondence back then, and then it was over. I guess I'm only able to hope that Mr. Williams/ Lee's impression of his fans wasn't influenced too much with my being such a flick. Anyway, I hope to hear from him, and perhaps, get the chance to convey my humiliating embarassment and remorse.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:47 pm

frethead wrote:Hey, Dean, I got a chance to find this thread and check for responses. Thanks, buddy. Oddly enough . . . I had been suffering an increasing pressure born of my conscience as this thread appeared, when I was like, "Mommy?"
As I remember, Jake and I had connected at some profound level of technical conversation considering the finer points of how "feeling" or attitude is translated to and/or through the chosen instrument of expression. I was getting up with great excitement, endlessly hung-over, in the mornings to check for further correspondence back then, and then it was over. I guess I'm only able to hope that Mr. Williams/ Lee's impression of his fans wasn't influenced too much with my being such a flick. Anyway, I hope to hear from him, and perhaps, get the chance to convey my humiliating embarassment and remorse.

Tommy, don't be too hard on yourself...I get it on good authority (Mike Varney) that Jake's just that way. He communicates when he wants to, and doesn't when he doesn't...know what I mean? So don't take it so personally that he just quit corresponding. :)

Mike told me on Thursday: "It takes me at least 7 e-mails to get a hold of Jake when he's 'underground' At least that is how it is for me. He is impossible to motivate. Not much matters to him in terms of ego driven stuff. He is just trying to live a simple life away from the hassle of the music industry. He loves to play guitar though!"

That's a direct quote...so don't feel bad, He's that way with EVERYBODY....It's just the way he is. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Postby skezza » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:50 am

I guess if Jake wants to be one with his fans he has to. Its a little harder on my forum since Randy is passed away but theres plenty of other guitarists who are too egotistical to post on their tribute forums. I can name a few, I dont know whether thats the case with Jake or whether hes just a private man who possibly never uses his computer, i dont know. But i am sure Jake is appreciative of this website!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:18 am

skezza wrote:i am sure Jake is appreciative of this website!

well, yeah, he thanked us in Retraced's cd-booklet :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:56 am

skezza wrote:I guess if Jake wants to be one with his fans he has to. Its a little harder on my forum since Randy is passed away but theres plenty of other guitarists who are too egotistical to post on their tribute forums. I can name a few, I dont know whether thats the case with Jake or whether hes just a private man who possibly never uses his computer, i dont know. But i am sure Jake is appreciative of this website!

Like Metalhead said; He thanked us in Retraced's booklet......You're right also...He's very cool, but a private man. I'm sure he doesn't use his computer very often...He hasn't answered my last 2 messages...which is weird, 'cuz he usually answers within a couple of weeks! But Mike said "keep bugging him, he'll eventually reply". So I guess he must be in one of his "underground" periods. :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...