Jake E. Lee -VS- Yngwie Malmsteen

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Which guitarist do you like over the other?

Jake E. Lee
88%
Yngwie J. Malmsteen
12%

Total votes : 78

Re: Jake E. Lee -VS- Yngwie Malmsteen

Postby skezza » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:55 pm

Jake is more melodic than yngwie IMO

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:12 pm

yepp and more interesting concerning his sound and ideas... furthermore Jake's rather sympatico, have ya seen Malmsteen on stage? don't no whether he's really that arrogant or not but his shows leave this mark... ?!

sayoo nala

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:34 pm

skezza wrote:Jake is more melodic than yngwie IMO

how come ? ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Postby skezza » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:06 pm

Yngwie has wrote some incredibly melodic stuff. I think that Trilogy Suite Op 5 is fantastic, but ive seen a solo he did in japan where towards the end he plays with his teeth, thats just showing off, no melody there

Postby KitKatLuvr2 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:35 pm

First of all, there can be no comparison made because the musical styles are so different it's like comparing apples to oranges. It just makes no sense. It goes without saying that both are tremedous talents, and worlds apart in styles. While I admit to stopping in my tracks the first time I heard Black Star, I literally melted (among other things) the first time I saw Jake in an Ozzy video. If it came right down to most talented, I'd have to put my bets on Jake. He's one of a handful of
American
axe-men that exude this mystical sexual presence onstage. Yes, that shy sly-cat smile gets us gals every time! That sexual aura, combined with his sheer, raw talent, is something that only American players possess. Sorry Yngwie, step aside. It's all about chemistry, dude.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:29 am

skezza wrote:Yngwie has wrote some incredibly melodic stuff. I think that Trilogy Suite Op 5 is fantastic, but ive seen a solo he did in japan where towards the end he plays with his teeth, thats just showing off, no melody there

so you're basing Yngwies melodic feel on that he played a solo
with his teeth once ? :P

so did Zakk Wylde ...
so did Jimi Hendrix ...

Jake has probably done a few flashy things too during his career.
Does that make Jake less melodic ? ;)

:D
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Postby skezza » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:13 am

the teeth thing was to try and help you remember if you have seen it. im talking about the whole 10 minute odd solo where he just shreds madly and thats all great but the Jake solo in suicide solution at the bark at the moon tour IMO was fantastic and very clever.

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:53 am

skezza wrote:the teeth thing was to try and help you remember if you have seen it. im talking about the whole 10 minute odd solo where he just shreds madly and thats all great but the Jake solo in suicide solution at the bark at the moon tour IMO was fantastic and very clever.
woah, this was a great job... I converted it to mp3 once, good practice material... just let me know if you guys are interested...

sayoo nala

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:54 am

skezza wrote:im talking about the whole 10 minute odd solo where he just shreds madly and thats all great but the Jake solo in suicide solution at the bark at the moon tour IMO was fantastic and very clever.

well that's Yngwie for ya ;)
but that doesn't make him less melodic than Jake though.
if you take the time to listen to Yngwie you'll hear
some of the most beautiful melodies ever :!: :!: :twisted:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:39 am

KitKatLuvr2 wrote:First of all, there can be no comparison made because the musical styles are so different it's like comparing apples to oranges. It just makes no sense. It goes without saying that both are tremedous talents, and worlds apart in styles. While I admit to stopping in my tracks the first time I heard Black Star, I literally melted (among other things) the first time I saw Jake in an Ozzy video. If it came right down to most talented, I'd have to put my bets on Jake. He's one of a handful of
American
axe-men that exude this mystical sexual presence onstage. Yes, that shy sly-cat smile gets us gals every time! That sexual aura, combined with his sheer, raw talent, is something that only American players possess. Sorry Yngwie, step aside. It's all about chemistry, dude.

KitKatLuvr2, that was for sure a chick's analysis! Referring to Jake's sexual aura :?: :roll: I'm kidding with you by the way! :lol:

Jake's stage presence is much better than Yngwie's without a doubt, but I don't think Jake is any more talented that YJM.

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:59 am

KitKatLuvr2, that was for sure a chick's analysis! Referring to Jake's sexual aura :?: :roll: I'm kidding with you by the way! :lol:

Jake's stage presence is much better than Yngwie's without a doubt, but I don't think Jake is any more talented that YJM.[/quote]

KitKatLuvr2 is right concerning the orange-apple-thing... their styles are different and matter of taste, but I guess Jake's more versatile (dunno whether that's da right expression)... Yingwie's the typical neoclassic, I can't listen to his bluesworks cuz he got less feeling for that... as I said matter of taste... the apperance thing is dominating

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:15 pm

MetalHead wrote:
skezza wrote:im talking about the whole 10 minute odd solo where he just shreds madly and thats all great but the Jake solo in suicide solution at the bark at the moon tour IMO was fantastic and very clever.

well that's Yngwie for ya ;)
but that doesn't make him less melodic than Jake though.
if you take the time to listen to Yngwie you'll hear
some of the most beautiful melodies ever :!: :!: :twisted:

My favorite solo from his songs are "You Don't Remember, I'll Never Forget". That interlude and solo is really melodic. :o

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...