TABS

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: TABS

Postby Deansolo » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:03 am

Tab is a great teaching tool, but it's no substitute for experience. ;)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Postby evilpete » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:36 pm

KAMIKAZE wrote:DOES ANYONE HAVE THE TAB FOR THE INTRO TO FOOL LIKE YOU? BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE AND CAN'T FIND IT.

I'm pretty sure it's not harmonics, but played on the strings between the nut and the tuners. The notes that are there are dependent on the set up of the guitar (scale length, string trees, etc) so don't be disappointed if you can't get it spot on, you'd need the exact same guitar it was recorded on.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:05 pm

Deansolo wrote:Tab is a great teaching tool, but it's no substitute for experience. ;)

Amen to that Deano hear hear!!!!! 8)
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:28 am

I've done all the hard work, as well, Rock. Setting the needle down ever-so-gently on the record, picking the needle up, a hundred times. Could've sworn my neck would never be the same, and you know what?! It's totally screwed. I knew I was doing things the hard way, but with advantages . . . I was improving my attention span and the ability to focus my attention, tuning my ears ( so to speak), and getting the choice of runs straight from the pros, as if I had been sitting right in front of 'em while they were being recorded. I can understand Tab being kind-of useful; however, in 80% of the tabs that I've looked into, they were wrong, having apparently been completed by players ( or non-players, as it were) with no clue of the basis for most riffs and/ or licks. Take, for instance, hand exercises. I maintain that a surprising amount of Randy Rhoads' lead work is comprised of hand-exercise based licks, or what is referred to in playing da blues as "walking."

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:28 pm

Wolf Marshall writes a good tab. I've found that most tab on the net is just plain wrong. Also alot of the tab found in magazines (GFPM was a good one) is arranged for one guitar, which on one hand is good...but on the other hand, not so good....great if you just wanna play a reasonable facsimile of the song, or if you want to play a multi-guitar song in a trio. but not so good if you really want to nail it down. Sometimes it has multiple guitar parts..once again...good on one hand and bad on the other..I just find it soooo much easier to put on the recording and just figure it out. :)

Just my opinion. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:34 pm

Totally.

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...