Jake E. Lee Replica guitars

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Jake E. Lee Replica guitars

Postby hashima » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:00 pm

MetalHead wrote:Fenders have 21 or 22 frets. I haven't noticed how many is on Jakes though :?

awright, öhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Fender's standard necks are pretty thick... I thought about a Charvel/Jackson-dimension with Jake's Fender-like headplate... do you know those Charvel necks... i.e. the 375 deluxe contemporary however I think they're all the same... 22 frets... jumbo-sized, actually I don like the standard Fender + Gibson medium sized frets and jumbos would be cheaper perhaps... ?

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:08 pm

they might be thick but that's what Jake played.
It could've been shaved down though.

The Fender neck/Gibson scale fretboard wasn't on his guitars
until later
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:44 pm

MetalHead wrote:they might be thick but that's what Jake played.
It could've been shaved down though.

The Fender neck/Gibson scale fretboard wasn't on his guitars
until later

well, it looks like a charvel/jackson sized neck in the "Bark At The Moon 1984" live material but I'd very glad bout a shaven one down to Charvel dimensions... my hands ain't Jake-size...

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:27 pm

my hands are small too and I don't have any issue with
playing strats or with strat necks ;)

you do know that Jake's guitar isn't more than a stock Fender
with a custom pickguard? The only Charvel about it is the logo.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby timstar » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:47 am

and the hardtail is charvel (chrome plated brass)

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:20 am

timstar wrote:and the hardtail is charvel (chrome plated brass)

i thought it was a hardtail to begin with ...
before it got charvelized ...

8O 8)

All Access Member

Postby reborn » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:17 am

I do believe the white axe was a 74 strat stock. The modifications were shaving the neck to thin it out, so it was not as fat as a normal fender neck. The headstock was large like the 70's strats, but was cut down to the smaller size. Had routing done to put single coils in at reverse angle and fit in humbucker. This also depends upon how much of the body cavity was routed when made. I'm having one built, should be completed within the next month or so, I can post some pics when she is finished :D

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:43 am

reborn wrote: Had routing done to put single coils in at reverse angle and fit in humbucker. This also depends upon how much of the body cavity was routed when made.

I don't believe anything was routed.
I think the guitar had a swimmingpool rout
at the very beginning so no extra body routing
was needed ;)

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:04 am

reborn wrote:I do believe the white axe was a 74 strat stock. The modifications were shaving the neck to thin it out, so it was not as fat as a normal fender neck. The headstock was large like the 70's strats, but was cut down to the smaller size. Had routing done to put single coils in at reverse angle and fit in humbucker. This also depends upon how much of the body cavity was routed when made. I'm having one built, should be completed within the next month or so, I can post some pics when she is finished :D

a CBS-head? ...do ya know the exact dimensions that neck got thinned out to?... haaaai, it'd like seein your pics! :D

All Access Member

Postby reborn » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:53 pm

The guy who is putting mine together is a big Jake buff, so I believe my neck will be made to the dimensions of Jake's white charvelized strat. When I get her I can tell you the dimensions. :D :D Although, I like metalhead have smaller hands and can play on the normal fender dimensions. But I do like smaller thinner necks for some comfort!!! If the neck is too flat like an Ibanez, your hands can get tired from playing bar chords. So I like necks that are small but still have the roundness to them, not to flat. If ya get what I'm sayin!!! :D :D

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:05 pm

reborn wrote:The guy who is putting mine together is a big Jake buff, so I believe my neck will be made to the dimensions of Jake's white charvelized strat. When I get her I can tell you the dimensions. :D :D Although, I like metalhead have smaller hands and can play on the normal fender dimensions. But I do like smaller thinner necks for some comfort!!! If the neck is too flat like an Ibanez, your hands can get tired from playing bar chords. So I like necks that are small but still have the roundness to them, not to flat. If ya get what I'm sayin!!! :D :D

Ibanez got the smallest necks I've ever seen... at least the RG-series with that Wizzard-II neck... but I know what ya mean, I once possessed a Satriani JS100 and it's neck was like an old Ibanez Les Paul's, pretty thick to my surprise... 8O

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:33 pm

it all comes down to each and every players preferences.

I like the neck on my Dean Vendetta
but I also like the MightyMite neck on my homebuilt :D

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:43 pm

...however I'm student and ain't got enough money for that project right now... gotta get a job durin vacancies...

All Access Member

Postby Richard » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:30 pm

I thought the topic was about JAKE E LEE Replica guitars !!! :twisted:

All Access Member

Postby timstar » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:18 am

It was a hardtail, however the one on whitey is definately not a stock fender one and im pretty sure its the charvel brass (chrome plated) one

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...