Jade Song

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Jade Song

Postby Rock » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:24 am

mrmetal wrote:I can tell you why....because kids don't get into what their parents are into no matter how cool it is. They always take the opposite road just to spite you and make you pull your hair out.

The little bastards!

WRONG WRONG....To my surprise my kid loves everything I am in to, he is 10, hes been playing guitar for 3 years and is already playing lead and jamming with a couple of 12 yr old kids, and they are all in to AC/DC etc etc, and I never told my kid to listen to anything, he is just a clone of me...took him to see Motley Crue and Motorhead last december here, hes been to a few gigs here and met alot of the big aussie muso's, but was his first experience with american hardcore rock/metal and fkn loved it..........Not bad for a 10 yr old's first "Real gig" in the metal/rock world. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:31 am

Maybe it's just my kids that do that then. :D

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:07 am

mrmetal wrote:Maybe it's just my kids that do that then. :D

Hahaha....nah u r right in most cases mate, but yeh. sometimes kids do follow their parents like mine did, and I didnt push anything. :) He just loves everything i listen to. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:35 am

Rock wrote:

Hahaha....nah u r right in most cases mate, but yeh. sometimes kids do follow their parents like mine did, and I didnt push anything. :) He just loves everything i listen to. :)

They might, they are little young right now. I don't push metal on them or anything, just play it all the time around the house and in the car. They just think that is old people music. :lol:

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:45 am

mrmetal wrote:
Rock wrote:

They might, they are little young right now. I don't push metal on them or anything, just play it all the time around the house and in the car. They just think that is old people music. :lol:

I don't have kids myself...but when a friend of mine was pregnant with her twins, she listened to Appetite For Destruction alot. After they were born, it was the only music that would put them to sleep! Now they're little metalheads-it's all good 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:51 am

I think it wild that she now has a child of her own man I feel old so I am sure Jake is feeling that way too now that he is a Rock N roll Grandpa
WOW!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:55 pm

stratattack wrote:I think it wild that she now has a child of her own man I feel old so I am sure Jake is feeling that way too now that he is a Rock N roll Grandpa
WOW!!!

My daughter is 13, so think how old I feel. Fortunately, I don't think I look my age.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:29 pm

Parents & your children tastes often times tend to difference: myself growing up I'd liked Hard Rock, Disco & Metal and my Mother liked Blues & Jazz and Motown in which I obviously admired especially Motown but the Blues/Jazz took some getting use to over the "many" years. As far as Hip Hop/Rap goes it "only" moves me when it has a positive Rebel message to awake the Soul & Spirit like ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT very very powerful Political band & great songs and it was awesome to have seen them perform back in the early 90's with Envoque (these ladies can totally kick! Sung their buns off!) at the Parlament Concert Theatre Hill in Oakland, CA. We "all" have some rebelness to us and wishing the Rebel JADE (and her Father Jake E. Lee) all the best for each watches the other like a Sentinel Hawk. Peace!

All Access Member

Postby jadessong » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:35 pm

let me see i am jade his daughter and i listen to all kinds of music and so did my dad he iked tupac and collio. the life of living as a celeberity is not easy

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:55 pm

jadessong wrote:the life of living as a celeberity is not easy

i bet. welcome to the board though :)
cool of you to answer my nerdish question on MySpace too ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Ultimate Sinner

Postby FireandRain » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:10 pm

Welllll.....I grew up listening to Mozart (mother) & Johnny Cash (father). I now listen to any kinda music - whatever floats my boat @ that time. However, I've stayed pretty steady with metal & country.

I have 2 kids, 8 & 10 now. I was in the car 1 day, listening to "Another Thing Coming" by Priest. I looked in my rear view mirror....and lo & behold, they were both bobbing thier heads in time with the music!!! Metal heads in the making? They listen to mainly country, but LOVE Jake's CD.

Kids......

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:45 pm

I'm not in the position to add anything to the "what kids listen to" discussion since I , frankly speaking, don't have any kids. Conversely speaking . . . I don't like to hear kids. I couldn't honestly admit to listening to this or that band, as I listen to the guitar ( if there's one to hear) and who's playing it. It could be Steven Stills, Steve Stephens, Jeff Beck, Joe Walsh or Joe Satriani. Hell, I'll listen to Jeff Lynn, Elliot Easton, or Rick Nielson if they're playing a guitar. And sometimes, when I'm feeling down. . . I listen to the sound of my eyelids squeak as they stretch over my dried-up occulis orbi (eyeballs).

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:52 pm

I don't have kids, but my brothers 13 yr old is an aspiring guitarist. He grew up listening to what his dad, a drummer, listened to: Hard Rock and Metal. Like Rocks kid, he's heavily into AC/DC. He frequently comments that he likes the old school stuff because "most of the new pop bands his generation listens to can't play fer shit!"

I personally like all kinds of music.....I take that back..I don't much care for most rap music...'cept for Afroman, 'cuz I like the dope humor.

*sings* "A Colt 45 and two Zig Zags, baby that's all I need..." 8)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:04 am

My daughter is a total mini me she even has her own strats and 2 marshall micro stacks . so I know she is a rocker in the makeing
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:16 am

stratattack wrote:she even has her own strats and 2 marshall micro stacks

Watch out Jennifer Batten :twisted:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...