The 80s Challenge

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

The 80s Challenge

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:39 am

I got this idea from a friend's blog...post pix of yourself from the 80s. I haven't laughed that hard at my computer screen in a looong time! I'll start it off:
Image

here I am in high school, circa 1982. I thought I was such a bada$$!!! :roll: My first car-a 1973 Plymouth Duster...MOPAR...GO CAR!

and that's part of my bedroom wall back there-I had Heart, Billy Squier, Jimmy Page, Steven Tyler, Pat Travers, Iggy Pop and Mick Jagger reprezentin'!

anyone have any good mullet pix of themselves? LOL I think I've got a pic of myself in parachute pants somewhere! 8) I need to locate it.

the 80s RULED!

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: The 80s Challenge

Postby MetalHead » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:52 am

1982 huh?

the year I was born :)

If I could dig it out I'd send a picture of me, 2yrs old
where my head is round and looks like a football :D
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The 80s Challenge

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:01 am

Ohh god...l could be your youngish mother-too funny! :lol: Yeah...go ahead and post your baby pic so we can see how cute you were.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: The 80s Challenge

Postby MetalHead » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:08 am

my mom is born in '65 so she could be your age ? :)

yeah, I was chubby and cute ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Boston Mass

Re: The 80s Challenge

Postby stratattack » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:12 am

gutterflower at her best LOL!!!!! man there are parts of the 80's I would just as soon forget Like Mullets yes thats right the Joe Eliot mullet yep I had one Man what the hell was I thinkin.
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The 80s Challenge

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:17 am

MetalHead wrote:my mom is born in '65 so she could be your age ? :)

yeah, I was chubby and cute ;)

Holy $hit...I'm the same age as your mother! Gahhhh...Thunder Kiss 65, dude :lol:

maybe this thread wasn't such a good idea after all :P

stratattack wrote:gutterflower at her best LOL!!!!! man there are parts of the 80's I would just as soon forget Like Mullets yes thats right the Joe Eliot mullet yep I had one Man what the hell was I thinkin.


C'mon now...let's see your Joe Elliot mullet!

Killer of Giants
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Boston Mass

Re: The 80s Challenge

Postby stratattack » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:22 am

Hell NO!!! I burned all photos from 1988 but I am sure some of my old and dear freinds will be posting them on myspace real soon if that makes your day Gutterflower. Geez!! LOL!!!
Oh by the way is that a Duster I see you standing in front of ? :D
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: springfield il

Re: The 80s Challenge

Postby harddriver » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:40 pm

Dude if i posted any pics of me in the 80's on this site i would probably be banned for life :lol: I weighed about 80lbs and i had this crazy ass mullet and get this......... i had lines shaved in the side of my head :oops:

All Access Member
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: springfield il

Re: The 80s Challenge

Postby harddriver » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:43 pm

Hey doesnt Gutterflower look a little like Randy Castillo in that photo ? :wink:

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The 80s Challenge

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:57 pm

harddriver wrote:Hey doesnt Gutterflower look a little like Randy Castillo in that photo ? :wink:


Now that's just wrong...don't you mean Randy looks a little like me? LOL

C'mon now...all you axe slinging dudes out there can post a pic or two. Give it up! :D

Killer of Giants
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Boston Mass

Re: The 80s Challenge

Postby stratattack » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:18 pm

That was Mean Bro!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: San Luis Rey, California

Re: The 80s Challenge

Postby Deansolo » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:58 pm

Gutterflower wrote:
harddriver wrote:Hey doesnt Gutterflower look a little like Randy Castillo in that photo ? :wink:


Now that's just wrong...don't you mean Randy looks a little like me? LOL

C'mon now...all you axe slinging dudes out there can post a pic or two. Give it up! :D


I'll step up! I'm looking through a box of old pic's right now. If I find a decent one, I'll post it. :)

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The 80s Challenge

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:13 pm

Gutterflower wrote:
MetalHead wrote:my mom is born in '65 so she could be your age ? :)

yeah, I was chubby and cute ;)

Holy $hit...I'm the same age as your mother! Gahhhh...Thunder Kiss 65, dude :lol:

maybe this thread wasn't such a good idea after all :P

stratattack wrote:gutterflower at her best LOL!!!!! man there are parts of the 80's I would just as soon forget Like Mullets yes thats right the Joe Eliot mullet yep I had one Man what the hell was I thinkin.


C'mon now...let's see your Joe Elliot mullet!


YEA! Someone is finally at the board older than me! :lol:

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The 80s Challenge

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:26 pm

OK, I will play.

1988:

Image

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The 80s Challenge

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:29 pm

mrmetal wrote:YEA! Someone is finally at the board older than me! :lol:


lmao

only chronologically...I don't have kids, so that automatically makes me younger cuz they're not wearing me out. :wink: I think it's one of the reasons why I don't look my age.

Next

Return to Free for all...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests