Dag The Giblets DVD???

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Dag The Giblets DVD???

Postby Thajan » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:46 am

I was strolling on bol.com and found this one:
http://www.nl.bol.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/nl/-/EUR/BOL_DisplayProductInformation-Start?BOL_OWNER_ID=1002004004277579&Section=VIDEO

Anyone know about this one? It's a bit strange as the original was only released on video.

All Access Member

Re: Dag The Giblets DVD???

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:21 am

As far as I know, it was only released on vhs, at least in America.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:14 am

Thajan wrote:I was strolling on bol.com and found this one:
http://www.nl.bol.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/nl/-/EUR/BOL_DisplayProductInformation-Start?BOL_OWNER_ID=1002004004277579&Section=VIDEO

Anyone know about this one? It's a bit strange as the original was only released on video.

My guess is that someone transfered it from VHS to DVD
as the VHS is getting outdated.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Postby jefnel1 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:14 am

There is still no official release of Dag the Giblets on DVD and the VHS is long out of print.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Postby Fretman » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:34 am

I wish Jake or Greg would release the live footage from DTG on DVD...I'd love to have that show on DVD.

Postby jefnel1 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:44 am

YES! That's some of the best live footage available! Or, unavailable.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Thajan » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:23 am

Hmmm, I'll probbably order it anyway. bol.com is an easy company so if it's not good I can always send it back.

Thnx for the information.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:25 am

Thajan wrote:Hmmm, I'll probbably order it anyway. bol.com is an easy company so if it's not good I can always send it back.

I can get it to you cheaper 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Thajan » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:12 am

MetalHead wrote:
Thajan wrote:Hmmm, I'll probbably order it anyway. bol.com is an easy company so if it's not good I can always send it back.

I can get it to you cheaper 8)

Thnx, but it would still have to come from Sweden, so I don't really think it will matter. I ordered already so it won't matter much anyway :wink:

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:47 pm

Well, hopefully it's the "real" deal BADLANDS prize DVD for you/Thajan. Like the others I only seen it Officially in VHS format the Badlands-Dag the Giblets video: in which I'd had for some time now! It's a great music video w/rarety footage interviews on the Rawhide Trailblazers (Ray, Jake, Greg & Jeff and Eric) from the BADLANDS while during the filming of their vintage Classic song "The Last Time" and awesome live footage of them on stage, as well. I find it strange if it can only be purchase online over seas/I will feel kinda "unease" with it since I never heard of the Company you've mentioned now if it was Amazon well I would say check it out! Because Amazon is Worldwide/I would feel more at ease w/that Company. Anyway, I feel that it should be Officially out there from Coast to Coast & Worldwide for the music public particularly those that like Hard Rock/Blues for the BADLANDS-Dag the Giblets to be sold here in DVD format as well. It's raw energy should be enjoyed by all! Peace & good luck. 8)

Return to All things Jake E Lee...