Have you seen Jake live? Please share where & when.

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Have you seen Jake live? Please share where & when.

Postby jefnel1 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:18 am

I'm curious as to how many of the fans out there have actually seen Jake live?

Please share in detail (if you remember) the city, venue and date. This information will be used to update the Tour History section. It will also make those who never got the chance to see Jake in person very jealous!!! C'mon - now's the time to brag!
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Killer of Giants

Re: Have you seen Jake live? Please share where & when.

Postby Deansolo » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:51 am

I saw Jake with Ozzy at Us '83, but I don't remember much...I was pretty inebriated! :P

My ex probably remembers it better than I do...I think I'll call her and ask her if I had a good time!!! :lol:
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:37 pm

I'll have to check my ticket stubs for three of the shows exact day and years.

The very first time I saw Jake: Accept, Motley Crue and Ozzy - outside show in Cardinal Stadium in Louisville, KY.

Ozzy at Freedom Hall in Louisville, KY probably in '86.

Badlands at The Ritz in Indianapolis, IN.

Wicked Alliance at The Grand in New Albany, IN on 2-24-94.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:35 pm

8-26-89
George Mason University @ The Patriot Center

Northern Virginia
on a bill with Tesla and Great White (headliner)

I was there for Badlands. I'd been wearing out the first cd because I couldn't stop listening to it, and as soon as tickets went on sale I was ON IT! There were 4 of us, and our seats were awesome-not on the rail, but we had an unobstructed view of the band. We were pretty close in a place that holds about 10,000.

I don't remember the setlist and I couldn't tell you what kind of guitar(s) Jake played-all I remember is watching this band blow the headliner off the stage. There were a lot of fans who were there to see them...BADLANDS. Most of the place was packed when they came onstage first and basically played the first album. They TOTALLY rocked da house! Jake's hair was really long, and he was grooving around the stage with his guitar, while Ray stood there and just belted it out. Greg was wearing his cowboy hat, and he was headbanging too. :P

I DO feel lucky that I was able to see them, even if it was only once. They were amazing and the band and their music was just phenomenal live. They were tight, and they had this groove that made you move. That show stayed with me for a long time afterwards and made me a lifelong fan. I'm kicking myself for not catching a show during Voodoo Highway or seeing Jake in Wicked Alliance. Badlands was one of the most talented, underrated bands of their time, and I'm a lucky biotch who got to see Jake live for one incredible, memorable show.

Doobie, I have major*JAKE ENVY* because you've seen him 4X!! :P

All Access Member

Postby reborn » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:42 pm

Saw Jake in Wicked Alliance around 96. I don't remember a lot about the show, but Jake kicked ass!!!! One of my friends was there and got to meet Jake after the show. I knew I should have stuck around!! :cry:

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:33 pm

Unfortunately, I never got the chance to see the Rebel Guitarist Jake E. Lee perform live: I almost got the chance though back in 1985 I believe it was the OZZY Ultimate Sin Tour '85 but some things got cross wired & Family situration arose and I ended up not going. Boy do I regret that! Anyway, I've seen our da Oge*Jake E. Lee perform countless time on MTV back in the day during the '80's & early '90's in which is really awesome but there's nothing like seeing that person in real life. Maybe one day I will get that chance...-I almost did with the Bourgeois Pigs Tour back in 2002, I believe in Burbank but some problems arose & the show was cancelled & scheduled for another date that never happened. I still look forward though in seeing JAKE perform live rather he goes out on a Solo Tour or with other fine music guests like himself such as Mandy Lion (their Wicked Alliance jams are pretty funky/and demolishing haunting) and I also love the band gathering of musicians on the Jake E. Lee "Retraced" album/Cd that totally kicked as well. Bourgeois Pigs & Badlands are pretty hefty, too! Anyway, Jake E. Lee get on out there and Rebel jam: we miss you/your an awesome electric music man :!:

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:31 pm

Gutterflower wrote:Doobie, I have major*JAKE ENVY* because you've seen him 4X!! :P

awwwww! I would apologize but, just can't find it in me to do that, Linda! :twisted:
Now I HAVE to send you some pics of The Wicked Alliance night. :wink:

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:57 am

Doobie wrote:Now I HAVE to send you some pics of The Wicked Alliance night. :wink:

I can't wait to see them :D

Postby skezza » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:09 am

If he ever comes back down here, i sure will!

Postby jefnel1 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:37 am

Yes - Doobie please check the dates on your stubs. That would be very helpful.

reborn - please provide the location of the show you went to.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Postby Fretman » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:41 am

I saw Jake with Ozzy at the Summit in Houston during TUS. Also saw Badlands in Austin, TX the weekend of the Rodney King riots. Then I saw Jake with Mandy Lion in Feb 1994 at Hurricane Alley in Houston. All kick as shows....the Badlands show was my favorite.

Postby jefnel1 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:08 am

Can you track down the dates of these shows Fretman? It would be helpful for the Tour History section...

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:53 pm

No, I've never gotten to and I'm wondering if I ever will!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:32 pm

Well, if Jake were to tour again, first he'd have to gauge how much interest there would be from the fans who'd want to see him. Like, would it be worth it for him to do a tour or just a few shows in a couple of choice locations...like a show in Vegas or L.A., for instance?

How many of you out there would be willing to get on a plane and come see Jake live? *calling all the lurkers* show of hands!! I'd go to as many shows as I could afford-Jake is somewhat reclusive, and for him to come out and play would be a major event, especially for the fans on his forum :D Jake and Greg too! maybe they'd be willing to do a fan weekend type thing or something, culminating in a live jam! I'm dreaming out loud, but maybe they'll read this thread and it'll get the wheels turning :P

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby tenfingersofdoom » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:04 pm

Saratoga Winnners, Saratoga N.Y.---- Badlands / Jeff Martin drumming Voodoo Highway tour, Saraya opened. Freddie's, Glenns Falls N.Y.----- Wicked Alliance.

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...