Jake in GIT

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Jake in GIT

Postby Fakeblue » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:06 am

Do you think Jake would fit in the Hollywood Guitar Institute of technology. (GIT ?) I mean, as a teacher.

http://www.mi.edu/programs/git.htm

Re: Jake in GIT

Postby jefnel1 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:35 am

Never. You can't teach Jake's style. That's what makes him so unique.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Postby skezza » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:28 am

I think Jake would actually enjoy it. He has always come across as a patient man, and i reckon he would love to be with younger people trying to copy him :)

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:02 am

Fakeblue wrote:Do you think Jake would fit in the Hollywood Guitar Institute of technology. (GIT ?) I mean, as a teacher.

http://www.mi.edu/programs/git.htm

I'm not so sure he would "fit" as a teacher, but, if invited, he would conduct a seminar, perhaps? I was beginning to wonder if anybody had ever heard of GIT, since noone has ever mentioned it. I went to GIT in Atlanta, a pretty good while ago, while they were breaking off their affiliation with MI. They have since become AIM.

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:13 pm

jefnel1 wrote:Never. You can't teach Jake's style. That's what makes him so unique.

I agree nobody can teach you to grow your style but I was wondering if Jake knows and could teach music theory.

When I'm listening to Jake's work with Ozzy his style is obvious & excellent. When I listen to Badlands though...Jake sounds like an average bluesman (to me) :oops:

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:23 am

Theory shmeery! Who needs it? When it sounds right . . . it is. Unless you're examining a players recordings, your imagination is the king.

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:03 am

frethead wrote:Theory shmeery! Who needs it? When it sounds right . . . it is. Unless you're examining a players recordings, your imagination is the king.

to quote steve morse, one of the advantages of knowing music theory is the ability to know exactly the keys and the chords of a song you hear on the radio so that you can play it on your axe right away. Pretty sexy skills to me.

All Access Member

Postby Stargazer » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:16 am

I think Jake would. Jake said in Guitar World this year that he has consider making an instructional video.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:12 pm

Fakeblue wrote:
frethead wrote:Theory shmeery! Who needs it? When it sounds right . . . it is. Unless you're examining a players recordings, your imagination is the king.

to quote steve morse, one of the advantages of knowing music theory is the ability to know exactly the keys and the chords of a song you hear on the radio so that you can play it on your axe right away. Pretty sexy skills to me.

I agree with Steve completely, and please allow me to say that is a pretty loose interepretive, or use, of the term "music theory." You think that's pretty sexy, huh?! I think use of the ears ( listening) and development of your attention skill as the sexy part. Ofcourse, some may say that hearing a note, or a run of notes, in your head and culling them, spontaneously, out of a guitar to be sexy, I suppose.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:28 pm

Stargazer wrote:I think Jake would. Jake said in Guitar World this year that he has consider making an instructional video.

That's good news, when did he say that?

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:25 pm

As Frethead mentioned above I likewise can see JAKE doing a Music Theory Seminar at this Guitar Institution Technology study music grounds. That's cool that such an place actually exist for all styles of musicians. I bet it cost a bundle to attend! Anyway, I think that Professional Musician Jake E. Lee would do some pretty cool demonstrations seminars there for future up & coming musicians/it's pretty nice 'site GIT is, too. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:04 am

Why wouldn't he? Jake gave instruction to Warren DeMartini and probably countless others we know nothing of.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Stratmaster90 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:25 am

Anybody know what the George Lynch/Jake E. Lee Connection is?
I keep hearing how Jake taught Warren but, George has always givin Warren Shit for "stealing his (Georges) Style" So is there a connection or no?
George Taught Guitar in Randy Rhoades' mothers school after Randy left to join Ozzy.
Just Curious...

Stratmaster90

Return to All things Jake E Lee...