What is Jake up to ? ( if anything )

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: springfield il

What is Jake up to ? ( if anything )

Postby harddriver » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:41 am

:D Has anybody heard anything about Jake doing anything recently ? I know this is a redundant question that has been asked like a hundred times on this site but its been a while since Retraced and that CD got me itching for some more Jake :D So please if any of you have any updates on the reclusive axeman please fill me in .

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: What is Jake up to ? ( if anything )

Postby MetalHead » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:35 am

maybe he's up to something that will blast us away ... 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: New York

Re: What is Jake up to ? ( if anything )

Postby Stargazer » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:18 am

I heard Jake lived in Virgina these days. I also heard Jake and Charvel were talking about a Jake E. Lee signature model.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: What is Jake up to ? ( if anything )

Postby MetalHead » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:15 pm

Stargazer wrote:I heard Jake lived in Virgina these days. I also heard Jake and Charvel were talking about a Jake E. Lee signature model.


Jake still lives in Vegas
and I think that if he were
discussing new signature models
it would be with ESP :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: What is Jake up to ? ( if anything )

Postby hashima » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:20 pm

MetalHead wrote:
Stargazer wrote:it would be with ESP :)


why that? Eddie goes with Charvel too...

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: What is Jake up to ? ( if anything )

Postby MetalHead » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:25 pm

hashima wrote:
MetalHead wrote:
Stargazer wrote:it would be with ESP :)


why that? Eddie goes with Charvel too...


because his latest signature was ESP ?
because he played ESP on Retraced ?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: What is Jake up to ? ( if anything )

Postby hashima » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:15 am

MetalHead wrote:
hashima wrote:
MetalHead wrote:
Stargazer wrote:it would be with ESP :)


why that? Eddie goes with Charvel too...


because his latest signature was ESP ?
because he played ESP on Retraced ?


aha... because Eddie played Peavey Wolfgang in the last years ?
and because Petrucci played Ibanez some years ago and now endorses MusicMan ?

I'm sorry MetalHead, you won... you made the better cases... :P lol

All Access Member
Posts: 1643
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: What is Jake up to ? ( if anything )

Postby Shadow » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:50 pm

Rebel Guitarist Jake E. Lee is I do believe working with Charvel/ESP Guitars so mentioned sometime back: and I'm sure he has loads of old & new material his been working on and his just as eager to get it out there to the fans as we are to hear it. I'm sure it's a hardship for all to have to wait & it's hard on Music Artists to wait for the right moment to share all his earnest hard works with the Media at large. I look forward to 2007 will be an very happening Rebel/Blues Rockin' year for legendary Guitarist Jake E. Lee and that all goes well with his established Signatures with Charvel & ESP Guitars which JAKE is strongly linked to for neon years! And plus continue being on the Shrapnel Record label his/Jake E. Lee comeback 2005 "success" with his latest recording "Retraced" is heavy/Bluesy Rockin' awesome. 8) Peace!

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: What is Jake up to ? ( if anything )

Postby MetalHead » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:01 am

maybe, just maybe he will do like George Lynch
and go with something entirely different than what we think.

He could go with a Dean Soltero :twisted:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: What is Jake up to ? ( if anything )

Postby hashima » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:08 pm

MetalHead wrote:maybe, just maybe he will do like George Lynch
and go with something entirely different than what we think.


yeah, possible that is... but I'd love to see Jake going with Charvel once more cuz of the Strat-shaped headstocks and nostalgia in general :D ...

...hmmm... actually I don't like musicians like Lynch back in the 80s thinking they gotta change their equipment/endorsement all the time atcmb endorse 10 guitar brands at one time although they don't even use the half of'em... it's not fair towards the kids and fans investing a pretty penny just to sound like their idols I think... the bottom line is it's all about the money :?

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: San Luis Rey, California

Re: What is Jake up to ? ( if anything )

Postby Deansolo » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:11 pm

hashima wrote:
MetalHead wrote:maybe, just maybe he will do like George Lynch
and go with something entirely different than what we think.


yeah, possible that is... but I'd love to see Jake going with Charvel once more cuz of the Strat-shaped headstocks and nostalgia in general :D ...

...hmmm... actually I don't like musicians like Lynch back in the 80s thinking they gotta change their equipment/endorsement all the time atcmb endorse 10 guitar brands at one time although they don't even use the half of'em... it's not fair towards the kids and fans investing a pretty penny just to sound like their idols I think... the bottom line is it's all about the money :?


Whatever happened to buying the guitar and amp that you like (so you can develop your own sound)? :?

Why do a lot of people think that buying the same equipment as your "hero" will make you sound like them? :?

Just thought I'd ask. :|
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: What is Jake up to ? ( if anything )

Postby hashima » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:57 pm

Deansolo wrote:
hashima wrote:
MetalHead wrote:maybe, just maybe he will do like George Lynch
and go with something entirely different than what we think.


yeah, possible that is... but I'd love to see Jake going with Charvel once more cuz of the Strat-shaped headstocks and nostalgia in general :D ...

...hmmm... actually I don't like musicians like Lynch back in the 80s thinking they gotta change their equipment/endorsement all the time atcmb endorse 10 guitar brands at one time although they don't even use the half of'em... it's not fair towards the kids and fans investing a pretty penny just to sound like their idols I think... the bottom line is it's all about the money :?


Whatever happened to buying the guitar and amp that you like (so you can develop your own sound)? :?

Why do a lot of people think that buying the same equipment as your "hero" will make you sound like them? :?

Just thought I'd ask. :|


well... our heroes and the companies whose products they're using wouldn't sign endorsement contracts if there wouldn't be a market... alotta young people think "hey I gotta sound like Hendrix/Wylde/Vai/Gilbert so I gotta buy this and that"... it's simply greenness... I thought the same way at first when it came to building my pedalboard... didn't you had that short sorta spleen too when you started playin guitar back in late 70s? however you got the unexperienced kids and those hardcore fans who will never learn... and the collectors of course so there was, is and will be a market...

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: San Luis Rey, California

Re: What is Jake up to ? ( if anything )

Postby Deansolo » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:03 pm

hashima wrote:
Deansolo wrote:
hashima wrote:
MetalHead wrote:maybe, just maybe he will do like George Lynch
and go with something entirely different than what we think.


yeah, possible that is... but I'd love to see Jake going with Charvel once more cuz of the Strat-shaped headstocks and nostalgia in general :D ...

...hmmm... actually I don't like musicians like Lynch back in the 80s thinking they gotta change their equipment/endorsement all the time atcmb endorse 10 guitar brands at one time although they don't even use the half of'em... it's not fair towards the kids and fans investing a pretty penny just to sound like their idols I think... the bottom line is it's all about the money :?


Whatever happened to buying the guitar and amp that you like (so you can develop your own sound)? :?

Why do a lot of people think that buying the same equipment as your "hero" will make you sound like them? :?

Just thought I'd ask. :|


well... our heroes and the companies whose products they're using wouldn't sign endorsement contracts if there wouldn't be a market... alotta young people think "hey I gotta sound like Hendrix/Wylde/Vai/Gilbert so I gotta buy this and that"... it's simply greenness... I thought the same way at first when it came to building my pedalboard... didn't you had that short sorta spleen too when you started playin guitar back in late 70s? however you got the unexperienced kids and those hardcore fans who will never learn... and the collectors of course so there was, is and will be a market...


Yeah, you're right about the "greenness". From my perspective, the endorsement thing just adds credibility to the company and its products and basically says "this is a good product....buy it".

Signature models are a different thing entirely and are more of a vanity thing for the endorsing artist.

When I started in the late 70's there weren't nearly as many products or signature models available. Mostly you either played a Gibson or a Fender and a Fender amp or a Marhsall or maybe a Boogie if you had gone thru all the Fenders an Marshalls and still were looking for more gain. What I'm trying to say is: If your hero was Jimmy Page, Paul Kossoff or Peter Frampton, you just bought a Les Paul and a Marshall and kept practicing. You ended up developing your own style and sound without worrying about the complexities of your hero's entire signal chain. IMO it doesn't really matter how close you get to your hero's actual rig ...You still won't sound like them.....unless of course, you've spent your entire existence aping their records. Your tone may get close....but actually sounding like them,... never.

IMO, and this is just my opinion now,....The whole "My rig is exactly like (insert guitar hero's name here) rig" thing, is counter-productive and will keep you from finding your own voice.

Disclaimer: Just my opinion and not meant to piss anybody off. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1231
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: OBeach town, Florida

Re: What is Jake up to ? ( if anything )

Postby frethead » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:45 pm

:x :evil: DAMN IT!!! :evil: :x

Do you mean that I spent, like, two thousand dollars on a little amp that nobody plays because it costs too much; although, sounds like a cross between a Mesa-Boogie and a Marshall, and makes me sound just exactly done-a-mundo, like nobody but me!!! I hate you, I Hate You, I HATE YOU. I love you! :)
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1231
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: OBeach town, Florida

Re: What is Jake up to ? ( if anything )

Postby frethead » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:07 pm

Question. Is Paul Kossoff the guitar player in Jeffersons Airplane and Starship(?) that wore glasses, played the gorgeous maple faced B.C. Rich Bich, pink Mockingbird, and whose last name I've not been able to remember for twenty-five or thirty years? No, no, no! Wait a minute!!! Kantner! That's it!!! A-HAHA-AAA-aaaaaaaaarghuexstremousscratch-my-little-ughhh! Yeah. Paul Kantner. Sorry. O! And . . . thanks. :)
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests