Jake E. Lee

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Jake E. Lee

Postby Mstp34 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:12 pm

I think it was around 1983 or 1984 for me

Postby mr_scary » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:19 pm

For me, it was one night watching VH1 Classic Metal Mania. They showed the video for Shot In The Dark, and I was blown away. He was brilliant

Postby RedBarchetta » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:42 pm

I was a Fan of the blizzard in 1981, I bought the then "new" album (yes a vinyl) the Dairy of a madman...I was so into randy then on the week of the 19 of march th enews told thata famous rock guittar player died in a plane crash, I tought mmmm like Jim Croce..mmmm....latter that week I learned who the dead guy was..
OHHHHH NOOOOOOO it cant be......it hit me like someone inmy family died, I was like a zombie for like 3 weeks...

Then after seeing Mr. Brad Gillis play Randys songs and the baldy album I though THERE IS NO F WAY randy will be ever replaced...

Then came BATM I did not even buy it, but I went to the rock in Rio concert and saw Ozzy alive.....MAN JAKE blew me away....

To this day I remember perfectly even the wierd guitar dancing and the noises he made.....

Ultimate Sinner

Postby matty35 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:31 am

the first time i saw jake was on "top of the pops" which was a uk video/live performance show, jake was playing live with ozzy in the studio, it was "bark at the moon"....jakes playing blew me away, ive been a fan ever since..

cheers

matty...

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:10 am

RedBarchetta wrote:I was a Fan of the blizzard in 1981, I bought the then "new" album (yes a vinyl) the Dairy of a madman...To this day I remember perfectly even the wierd guitar dancing and the noises he made.....

I think you are referring to the "mud-sliding step" which Mr. Bruce Lee incorporated, after developing ( or modifying) it so that it would fit his style of "Bruce Lee'd" kungfu ( which is actually closer to bastardized karate - LOL), into his first development; which, becomes . . . bastardized kungfu! Anyway, Bruce turned it into a very short "sliding step," which looks more like a cross between "chicken-stepping" or a "chicken-step" and "mud-sliding stepping" or a "mud-sliding step." I understand, completely. Jake's movement, while holding and playing a guitar anyway, is very close to Bruce's version.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Daynah » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:36 pm

My older brother had the first 2 Ozzy albums, I really liked them.....But it wasn't until I saw the BATM tour video(the one from Salt Lake City) that I was blown away by Jake....

All Access Member

Postby Dude » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:55 pm

I was in the 8th grade when The Ultimate Sin came out. The class headbanger (a good friend of mine) had rushed out of class at the end of the day to run to the local record shop to pick up the record. This is when we still had "local record shops".

He showed me the album and implored me to give it a listen -- he couldn't wait to check out what some guy by the name of "Jake E Lee" had laid down on this record. Jake who? Anyway, no thanks -- I was perfectly happy with my Van Halen records.

A short while later, by pure coincidence, I saw the BATM video on tv. Who's that dude playing guitar in the video? He seems pretty cool. Sure enough, it was Jake, as I was told later.

But....I still wasn't convinced (and what's with that frilly shirt???).

Fast forward about a year later -- I'm in the library (Grand Army Plaza branch, for any NYC locals). They had a dedicated audio room, where you could borrow albums -- the same way you could borrow books (I think).

Anyway, I'm flipping through these records, and what do I see? A special edition Ultimate Sin record with a picture plastered right on the vinyl. It was Ozzy, Jake, and the ultra-hot girl from the Ultimate Sin video. Jake was crouching down, biting her tightly spandexed *ss.

That's it. Game over. Where do I sign up?

I've been a huge fan ever since, even though full appreciation for Jake's superior musicianship took years to develop.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:05 pm

Dude wrote:I was in the 8th grade when The Ultimate Sin came out. The class headbanger (a good friend of mine) had rushed out of class at the end of the day to run to the local record shop to pick up the record. This is when we still had "local record shops".

He showed me the album and implored me to give it a listen -- he couldn't wait to check out what some guy by the name of "Jake E Lee" had laid down on this record. Jake who? Anyway, no thanks -- I was perfectly happy with my Van Halen records.

A short while later, by pure coincidence, I saw the BATM video on tv. Who's that dude playing guitar in the video? He seems pretty cool. Sure enough, it was Jake, as I was told later.

But....I still wasn't convinced (and what's with that frilly shirt???).

Fast forward about a year later -- I'm in the library (Grand Army Plaza branch, for any NYC locals). They had a dedicated audio room, where you could borrow albums -- the same way you could borrow books (I think).

Anyway, I'm flipping through these records, and what do I see? A special edition Ultimate Sin record with a picture plastered right on the vinyl. It was Ozzy, Jake, and the ultra-hot girl from the Ultimate Sin video. Jake was crouching down, biting her tightly spandexed *ss.

That's it. Game over. Where do I sign up?

I've been a huge fan ever since, even though full appreciation for Jake's superior musicianship took years to develop.

It was the tightly spandexed *ss, wasn't it?! I knew it!!! C, mon, I was sold, too. It was a "done deal," Dude. LOL :lol:
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

All Access Member

Postby pejale » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:14 pm

Anyone know what happened to that spandexed *ss? Julie Gray her name was according to the "Ultimate Ozzy" video. I once read she was a cheerleader for one of your American football teams????

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...