Do you think Jake would've fit in 'Deth ?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Do you think Jake would've fit in 'Deth ?

Postby MetalHead » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:11 am

flyonfire wrote:I think Jake should recreate Badlands which is a cool name so no one else can use the name and get Oni Logan as vocalist

i think maybe Mike Vescera could be a good fit as well 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Postby flyonfire » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:43 am

I said that Jake should continue Badlands and not sound like Dokken or join Dokken but have Oni Logan sing. Lynch's mob sound is not the same as Dokken it has some similarity to Badlands exept for the guitar solos. I just heard Lynch Mob's Wicked Sensation lately after a very long time and was impressed with Oni Logan's singing and think he would be a great singer for a new Badlands.

All Access Member

Postby timstar » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:42 am

I kinda of know Oni a little bit (and he's my fave singer ever) and I know for a fact a few years ago he was trying to get in touch with Jake to work with him but just couldn't find him.

I know Oni loves the first Badlands album and I think Jake and him would be a musical match made in heaven.

If you like Badlands you'll love Oni's Violets Demise album which was relased under the name of "Logan/Robertson - Revisited". Best album of all time IMO.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:33 pm

so .. who would fit in that group as a drummer ... ? 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby timstar » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:54 am

Jimmy D'anda (Bulletboys/Lynch Mob), amazing drummer!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:16 am

timstar wrote:I kinda of know Oni a little bit (and he's my fave singer ever) and I know for a fact a few years ago he was trying to get in touch with Jake to work with him but just couldn't find him.

I know Oni loves the first Badlands album and I think Jake and him would be a musical match made in heaven.

If you like Badlands you'll love Oni's Violets Demise album which was relased under the name of "Logan/Robertson - Revisited". Best album of all time IMO.

I heard about that project, but I didn't think they ever release anything. I'll check it out then, because I'm a fan of both Logan and Robertson.

Postby flyonfire » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:04 am

I just checked amazon.com about Logan/Robertson here is a link to the album directly and you should read the persons comment about cd.

http://www.amazon.com/Revisited-Logan-R ... F8&s=music

="PoetsandMadmen"]
timstar wrote:I kinda of know Oni a little bit (and he's my fave singer ever) and I know for a fact a few years ago he was trying to get in touch with Jake to work with him but just couldn't find him.

I heard about that project, but I didn't think they ever release anything. I'll check it out then, because I'm a fan of both Logan and Robertson.[/quote]

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:29 am

Why does one have to quit playing metal to grow as a player? I can play blues all damn night if I want too, but some metal is quite a challenge....yet to grow, I have to play easy blues licks....just wondering if someone can elaborate on that.

Back to the subject at hand....I seriously doubt it. Just because I don't think Jake would want to play that kind of music.

Also, Dave's rythym chops are above exceptional. They are quite difficult to play. I am sure Jake could have handled it though.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:30 pm

mrmetal wrote:Why does one have to quit playing metal to grow as a player? I can play blues all damn night if I want too, but some metal is quite a challenge....yet to grow, I have to play easy blues licks....just wondering if someone can elaborate on that.

Back to the subject at hand....I seriously doubt it. Just because I don't think Jake would want to play that kind of music.

Also, Dave's rythym chops are above exceptional. They are quite difficult to play. I am sure Jake could have handled it though.

Yeah, I'd like to know the answer to that myself, and I don't even play! In addition to that, I'd like to know why it's considered maturity when a band strips down their sound, eliminates guitar solos alltogether, and hires a record scratcher to make some background noise in a few select songs. Wow, now that's maturity! :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:40 am

mrmetal wrote:Also, Dave's rythym chops are above exceptional. They are quite difficult to play. I am sure Jake could have handled it though.

yeah, I'm pretty sure Jake could handle them too :)

I was more curious about Jake handling Friedman solos.
They are pretty similar tonewise. Both are more of
guitar -> overdrive -> amp players and I think
both are SD JB users :D

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:07 am

Yes and no.

Postby Nightfall » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:38 pm

timstar wrote:I don't think so. Quite like deth especially stuff with Jeff Young, but Jake is a blues player, BUT if he had to he could have done it.
Imageyup!

Postby juke » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:15 am

:D Jake kicks ass all over the place!!!! He probably would have stressed Megadeth out with his superhuman abilities!!! I love Megadeth, but Jake's in a class of his own. Wish I could see him live :D

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:32 pm

As I've mentioned in my post re-ply above musician/Guitarist JAKE E. LEE could work with any style of amazing bands out there for he definately has the Professional music skills/styles to do so! Although I'm not very familiar w/MEGADETH Music I know their quite heavy legendary Electric and of course JAKE would have added his own special flavor to that band, also! I would of liked to see him do something w/his early band Teaser in whom properly sounded like Rough Cutt in which JAKE also participated in. Anyway, Jake E. Lee is quite versatile in any music catagory he wishes to go in: and of course Hard Rock/Blues is the top of the list. :twisted: Much respects!

Postby aldear » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:50 pm

I saw Oni with Lynch Mob back in '90 or 91....whenever they came through Texas. I always thought he was a really good singer, but he was also a good enteratiner as well. Very good stage presence, and entertaining to watch.

~A

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...