re: badlands at the palace,l.a. video?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

re: badlands at the palace,l.a. video?

Postby drummerfish » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:05 pm

hi.new to the site and i don't know if this topic's been brought up already.i remember around the time the 2nd badlands cd came out,.they played a show at the hollywood palace.and that there was a few songs from the show that was played on tv here in so cal.eric singer wasn't on drums and i don't remember who it was.i think the tape i recorded it onto went M.I.A. over the years.

does anyone remember seeing this or know of the show and if it was ever officially released? i also think i seen a different song from the show that was released on one of those guitar magazine videos (when they used to do that) or one of those music video subscriptions that was out around the 90's.

anyone have any info in it?

Re: re: badlands at the palace,l.a. video?

Postby jefnel1 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:35 am

You must be referring to the Dag the Giblets home video Badlands released back in '91 that is now long out of print. There were 3 live clips on there.

The other video with live footage was the Metalhead:Volume II home video compilation. It included 1 live clip.

The drummer was Jeff Martin, who joined the band in 1990. I haven't watched the videos lately, so I don't remember if the recording venue was mentioned in the credits. Can anyone confirm that these clips were recorded from the Hollywood Palace?

Jeff
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: re: badlands at the palace,l.a. video?

Postby Badseeddbs » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:59 pm

Yeah, that was the Palace.Had a friend from Japan that was front row for that show, told me all about how amazing it was.I often wonder if there is a full version of that show witting in someone's vaults.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...