DUSK

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

DUSK

Postby rob919 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:05 am

where can i get a copy of this album, couldn't find it on ebay. Is it as good as the other badlands albums. Any feedback appreciated.

Re: DUSK

Postby Abarsis » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:46 am

Try www.nehrecords.com. Dusk is a fine album, every bit as good as Badlands and/or Voodoo Highway...

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:26 am

It's definitely worth purchasing. Jake does some fine playing on Dusk and it sounds like the band had their shit together more-so on Dusk than on the first two. It sounds very tight - like they have been playing together for many, many years more than they did. However, I prefer the self-titled or Voodoo Highway over it.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:14 pm

IMO, it's not as solid as the first two, but in all fairness, I don't believe it's a finished product either. To me the debut is one of the best hard rock albums ever, so I'm biased toward it. Dusk is definitely a must have for any Badlands fan though without a doubt.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:16 pm

Abarsis wrote:Try www.nehrecords.com. Dusk is a fine album, every bit as good as Badlands and/or Voodoo Highway...

NEH Records is a good site, with excellent service in my opinion.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:42 pm

I really enjoyed the high sultry energies that BADLANDS put into "Dusk" it's a desert raw & high power Blues/Hard Rock treasure: all the songs solid to the core. Nice and rawhide Bluesy that is tough and mild/I like that: Ray Gillen-Vocals, Jake E. Lee-Guitars, Greg Chaisson-Bass and Jeff Martin-Drums done an awesome musicianship job with this one two. As for the 1st two Classic's Badlands Debut and Voodoo Highway well those are masterpieces, too! Peace. 8)

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:25 am

Not even close to the first two IMO. Just sounded a little weak to me. Ive never really cared for Jeff Martin's drumming style anyway. And i dont think that Greg Chaisson even plays bass on Dusk but i could be wrong.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:50 am

harddriver wrote:Not even close to the first two IMO. Just sounded a little weak to me. Ive never really cared for Jeff Martin's drumming style anyway. And i dont think that Greg Chaisson even plays bass on Dusk but i could be wrong.

I believe Greg plays bass on Dusk, but I'm like you when it comes to Jeff Martin. I like the guy, but Eric Singer is a bad ass! The debut is one of the best hard rock albums of all time, period! \nn/

Postby Fretman » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:50 am

harddriver wrote:Not even close to the first two IMO. Just sounded a little weak to me. Ive never really cared for Jeff Martin's drumming style anyway. And i dont think that Greg Chaisson even plays bass on Dusk but i could be wrong.

Greg does play bass on the record.

Postby mattster70 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:02 pm

Dusk was recorded as a demo of new material that was going to be sent to the band's label. The label wanted to hear what the band had.

It was recorded pretty much live. There are very few, if any overdubs. The session was thrown together and recorded on a shoestring budget, so the fact that it was a tight and good sounding as it was is a testament to how well these guys gelled live.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:15 am

The ST Badlands Debut will always be my favorite. I still crank that CD atleast 2 or 3 times a week.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...