N.A.M.M. 2006

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

N.A.M.M. 2006

Postby SHREDDER1 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:14 pm

Hey all,

Went to the show this past weekend.To many names to mention.One
person who was just walking around with a couple of buddies and not
endorsing was none other the John Sykes.....A very personable person
stopping to take pictures with whomever stopped him.The guy worksout
and looks good for his age.Gibson will be unveiling a limited edition
John Sykes Les Paul this year.Good for John!!!!

All Access Member

Re: N.A.M.M. 2006

Postby harddriver » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:21 pm

Thats cool 8) Sykes is a hell of a musician. Blue Murder had some good stuff.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:25 pm

Great News Shredder1, Great to hear John's out and about.

We didn't go this year, but last year was a blast...met all our endorsers, 'cept Jake. Chatted with Rudy Sarzo, Jeff "skunk" Baxter, Jon Levin....I don't know if I ever mentioned it but I have a really great story on how Mike Varney went to the show on Cat's-Eye passes! But I won't bore you guys with it...this is a Jake E Lee forum!! LOL!!!!!!! :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:37 pm

so SHREDDER1, did you have a glance at the Dean booth ? :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:56 pm

Deansolo wrote:I don't know if I ever mentioned it but I have a really great story on how Mike Varney went to the show on Cat's-Eye passes! But I won't bore you guys with it...this is a Jake E Lee forum!! LOL!!!!!!! :D

This is the Free For All/Non-Jake forum! Come one, we want to know everything! :lol:

BTW, MXR has unveiled the EVH-117 Flanger,looks pretty damn cool. I wanted to buy an original but I think I'll wait for this one to come out:

Formerly known as \"Berseker\"

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:01 pm

what's next?

they're gonna release a stripey MXR version of Eds SD-1 ? :P
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:04 pm

It was on his pedalboard until '98/'99 but he never really used it.

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:08 pm

Hell_Tanner wrote:It was on his pedalboard until '98/'99 but he never really used it.

you think that would stop MXR and Eddie to earn some extra cash ? ;)

is he actually using the stripey phaser they put out some time ago ? :?

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:30 pm

MetalHead wrote:you think that would stop MXR and Eddie to earn some extra cash ? ;)

Haaa, come on, if you say that about Eddie you can say that about...for instance....Zakk: MXR od pedal, guitars by Gibson and Epiphone (how many models? 3?4?), amps (which he doesn't even use), Zakk wah, EV speakers, mini Marshall amps, action figures, BLS mini motorcycles, etc etc...What's next? You can't open a guitar magazine without finding 3 or 4 ads for Zakk's stuff. That's just getting ridiculous.

If Ed's after some cash like everybody says, Zakk is too. Isn't he?

Problem is I don't hear people giving Zakk as much shit for releasing a ridiculous amount of signature stuff as they do Ed.
It's like Zakk has a new stuff out? I'll buy it!! Ed's releasing a new pedal? That greedy bastard, still after some cash.
Come on.

Ed came up with 2 models of guitars and 2 models of amps and now 2 models of pedals in 10 years, and they're quality stuff.
He spent almost 12 years without an official endorsement before working on his first signature guitar in 1990/1991 while some guitarists nowadays already have a signature after releasing one album.
I don't understand all that criticism when it comes to Eddie, it's not rational.

MetalHead wrote:is he actually using the stripey phaser they put out some time ago ? :?

Yes, he does. Pedalboard from the 2004 tour:

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:41 pm

Hell_Tanner wrote:
Deansolo wrote:I don't know if I ever mentioned it but I have a really great story on how Mike Varney went to the show on Cat's-Eye passes! But I won't bore you guys with it...this is a Jake E Lee forum!! LOL!!!!!!! :D

This is the Free For All/Non-Jake forum! Come one, we want to know everything! :lol:

Okay check this out...True story...Mikes an awesome guy...He was the one who introduced us to Jake. He usually sends e-mails in the early hours of the morning (like 4:00 am). About 2 days before the deadline to order passes for the show, we get this e-mail saying that He and his partner Peter Morticelli (Magna Carta) want to attend the show and wondered if we had any extra passes.

Thinking fast (we weren't even members yet) we answer with "yeah sure how many do you want?"...He says just two and goes on to explain that since he was now doing a column for Guitar Player Mag he figured he'd get passes from them but they refused (you're only allotted a certain number, any extra you have to pay for...$25 each...cheap bastards!).

Anyway, we weren't even members, but kind of felt obligated 'cuz Mike had been so cool to us..So we say yes, knowing that the NAMM headquarters is only like 8 miles from from our shop (in Carlsbad, CA and we're in Oceanside CA). So the next morning only hours before the deadline my partner and I speed down to NAMM and join on the spot! The NAMM rep who processed our membership and request for passes looked at us kind of funny when we told her the names of the people form our company who would be attending the show (Yeah, right Mike Varney and Peter Morticelli work for Cats-Eye!) LOL!! :D. We got the Passes in the mail a week later, kept ours and sent Mike his pair. The passes have the attendee's name and the company's name printed on them :). Thats how Mike Varney and Peter Morticelli, the owners of 2 international record companies went to the 2005 NAMM show on Cat's-Eye passes! :)

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:44 pm

Hell_Tanner wrote:If Ed's after some cash like everybody says, Zakk is too. Isn't he?

Well, he says he's influenced by EVH, and I can't hear it in his playing 8)

I'm pretty sure though, that Zakk uses his sig.wah and his sig.od/dist
and the sig.Gibsons but I think it stops there :roll:
Maybe Deansolo could hook him up with some neat pedal ? :twisted:

Hell_Tanner wrote:Image

hmm, would be cool to know which pedals are on there :D

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:54 pm

MetalHead wrote:
Hell_Tanner wrote:If Ed's after some cash like everybody says, Zakk is too. Isn't he?

I'm pretty sure though, that Zakk uses his sig.wah and his sig.od/dist
and the sig.Gibsons but I think it stops there :roll:
Maybe Deansolo could hook him up with some neat pedal ? :twisted:

There's no way I could give him the kind of endorsement deal he's used to! I'm sure MXR (Dunlop) is shoving vast amounts of cash up his ass. Probably the same reason why Lynch graciously refused to say he uses our stuff. Keeley and others like Morley are probably paying him bank to use his name on thier products and it's in the contract.

Just my opinion..BTW.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:56 pm

Lynch as in George Lynch ?

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Bengal65 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:00 pm

Who do you think? Yea big George!

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:00 pm

MetalHead wrote:

Oh, I'm sure Zakk could teach Eddie the art of merchandising in return for the cool guitar playing influence. :twisted:

Tommy Bolin Forum

Next

Return to Free for all...