Ozzy's treatment of Jake onstage?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ozzy's treatment of Jake onstage?

Postby Uglogirl » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:57 am

Hi all, new here. Jake E. Lee is at the top of my list of the best and IMO the most underrated guitar player around. I've been playing/gigging since I was a kid... late 70's until '93 (I'm OLD lol).

One thing I have always been curious about was the way that Ozzy would really land into Jake onstage sometimes... I've never seen any video of him doing that to Randy Rhoads or Zakk Wylde. Now, showmanship is one thing, it was certainly neccessary with a band like that, especially in the 80's I think ha ha. I've certainly been the target of some pretty wild antics by singers but it was understood, it was part of the act. Was this so does anyone know of Ozzy's relationship with Jake or was it more a side effect of Ozzy's increasing addiction as the 80s went on? I do feel bad for Jake watching some of those videos, he's not a big guy, but then again I get goosebumps every time I watch him on his knees onstage, head back and bending feedback all over the place. omg yeah!

Ultimate Sinner

Re: Ozzy's treatment of Jake onstage?

Postby matty35 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:29 am

welcome to the forum, good to have you here..

the only thing from the "stage" i remember is, Ozzy grabbing Jake's hair & pulling him to the ground, at first Jake was probably surprised but went along with the act, i thought it looked pretty cool, reminds me of that Angus Young thing, sprawling on his knees in pain.....cool!!!

cheers

Matty.... :wink:

Postby jefnel1 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:50 am

I think it was just part of the show. If there was any underlying meaning behind it, I'm sure magazines would have exploited it back then.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:37 pm

Uglogirl wrote:I've never seen any video of him doing that to Randy Rhoads or Zakk Wylde.

Ozzy pulls Zakks hair pretty violent on the
Budokan-dvd. Can't remember which song though
but it's one of the early ones.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Postby Uglogirl » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:40 pm

MetalHead wrote:
Uglogirl wrote:I've never seen any video of him doing that to Randy Rhoads or Zakk Wylde.

Ozzy pulls Zakks hair pretty violent on the
Budokan-dvd. Can't remember which song though
but it's one of the early ones.

Oh I'd never seen that, but Im not really a Zakk fan. Yeah, I see it's theatre - it's just sometimes it seemed to me a little over the top. Well that's Ozzy for ya. hah.

thanks all.

Uglogirl

Postby Gene » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:29 pm

I HAVE THE DVD,NO HARM DONE REGARDLESS THE MAN NEVER MISSED A NOTE THAT IS WHY HE IS MY FAVORITE AXE SLINGER OF ALL TIME!!! BY THE WAY WELCOME UGLOGIRL PRETTY NEW MYSELF,AND REAL NICE WEB-SITE MITE I SAY. GENE

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Daynah » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:58 pm

jefnel1 wrote:I think it was just part of the show. If there was any underlying meaning behind it, I'm sure magazines would have exploited it back then.

yeah it was all an act...

Postby sms5150 » Fri May 04, 2007 6:44 pm

well who really knows but them and anyway i have read that ozzy didnt like jake e lee that much haha ... so i HAVE read but i really like jake and in ozzy and also the badlands ...but that was prolly just a felt thing and he went with it and so jake felt the vibe and went with it haha ...and yes its good i should say GREAT when u have showmenship

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Wed May 09, 2007 11:40 pm

he did it to randy to :wink: it did always look like he put a bit more into it with jake though

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Thu May 10, 2007 1:45 am

Live at the Budokan 2002 with Zakk was pretty brutal too. That's no wig on Zakk's head!!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu May 10, 2007 5:38 am

sytharnia wrote:he did it to randy to :wink: it did always look like he put a bit more into it with jake though

Jake had more hair to grab :P
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed May 16, 2007 12:57 pm

One of those guys should have or in Zak's case should go up behind Ozzy and yank on his hair for awhile! :lol: Oz is so fried he'd probably think it would feel good!

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed May 16, 2007 1:32 pm

Yes, we all know how bad Jake was treated by Ozzy. Yawn....

Return to All things Jake E Lee...