Jake in Randy Rhoads movie???

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Jake in Randy Rhoads movie???

Postby Deansolo » Sat May 19, 2007 5:12 pm

We may get to see Jake make an appearance in the upcoming Randy Rhoads Documentary film from Dakota Pictures. :)

A guy named Steve Blevins called me Thursday morning and asked if I knew where Jake was and how to contact him. Steve works for Peter Margolis the director of the Randy Rhoads film. Apparently Margolis has been trying to get a hold of Jake for an interview for the movie. Steve gave me Mr. Margolis' contact info and asked if I could pass it along to Jake. I asked if they had been in contact with Mike Varney as Mike talks with Jake all the time. He said "No". So I said I'd do what I could. I e-mailed Mike last night and told him the story. Mike said he'll get Peter and Jake in touch with each other. Pretty cool! :) If anyone can motivate Jake to make an appearance, Mike can!

Anyway, I thought I'd share the news. :)

Dean
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Re: Jake in Randy Rhoads movie???

Postby skezza » Sun May 20, 2007 2:48 am

You know Dean, that would be fantastic. Theres going to be lots of interviews in this documentary and trust me, i'm so glad this documentary is happening, but if there is anyone i would love to see, it would be Jake. Just saying possibly how influenced he was (Even if it was only a bit) would make me happy.
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Sun May 20, 2007 11:23 am

Wow, as a huge fan of Jake and Randy this would be just amazing. A bit long overdue as well but it was the 25th anniversary this past March. I'm sure Jake would do it if they contact him and it would be great to see the countless others influenced by Randy. George Lynch took over teaching Randy's students when Randy joined Ozzy so i would imagine he will be on it also.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun May 20, 2007 1:57 pm

MrScary1971 wrote:George Lynch took over teaching Randy's students when Randy joined Ozzy so i would imagine he will be on it also.

I was thinking along the same lines :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby pejale » Sun May 20, 2007 2:39 pm

Is this the one Kevin DuBrow seems to be kicking up a stink about?? :twisted:

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun May 20, 2007 8:26 pm

pejale wrote:Is this the one Kevin DuBrow seems to be kicking up a stink about?? :twisted:

yup, that's the one ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon May 21, 2007 12:23 pm

pejale wrote:Is this the one Kevin DuBrow seems to be kicking up a stink about?? :twisted:

What's his problem?

~Brian~

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Daynah » Mon May 21, 2007 4:26 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:

What's his problem?

~Brian~

He sucks? :lol:

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon May 21, 2007 9:10 pm

It would be "awesome" & "most cherish" to see Jake E. Lee make a guest appearance on this vital music Film Documentary on the late great Guitarist Randy Rhoads Music Career. The electric Rebel Jake E. Lee certainly gave his all while in OZZY's band (etc.,.) playing early Classic works that were written & Co-written by the legendary Randy Rhoads and also his own Co-works Classic treasures that Jake E. Lee passionately had heavy input in. I would love to see him/JAKE take part in this vital Tribute music film Documentary on the "Crazy Train" Master Guitarist Mr. Randy Rhoads in whom influenced many a great musicians Talents out there and Jake E. Lee is for sure one of them as is Zakk Wylde & George Lynch, etc.,. So, I'm hoping that the ever encourageing Mike Varney (esteem Owner of Shrapnel Records Label & Jake's Manager) can get through to the electric Rebel Guitarist Jake E. Lee to be present :!: PEACE and much Respects to all. 8)

All Access Member

Postby BlackHeaven » Tue May 22, 2007 9:06 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:

What's his problem?

~Brian~

He claims that the movie is an attempt to exploit the legacy and name of Randy Rhoads simply to generate profit for people outside of the Rhoads family whilst providing no real benefit to the Rhoads family/legacy.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Wed May 23, 2007 3:35 am

If indeed that is true that the Rhoads' family will not benefit I stand behind Kevin on that.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed May 23, 2007 7:11 am

i'm sure the Rhoads family are in on this :)

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed May 23, 2007 11:11 am

I don't think Kevin sucks. After all, he did front the first Metal band to make the Billboard #1 slot.

I met him after a show once. He was very nice and curtious to us and talked to us for quite a while after the show.

Although his wig or hair piece thing, whatever that it was on top of his head, was kind of hard not to laugh at. :D

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Fri May 25, 2007 4:21 pm

Deansolo wrote:We may get to see Jake make an appearance in the upcoming Randy Rhoads Documentary film from Dakota Pictures. :)

Pretty cool! :) If anyone can motivate Jake to make an appearance, Mike can!

Anyway, I thought I'd share the news. :)

Dean

This would be such a huge and momentous occasion for all Jake fans :D Here's hoping that they're able to get Jake to agree to an on-camera interview. I would love to hear his thoughts on...anything! 8)

All Access Member

Postby jimiforrest » Fri May 25, 2007 7:13 pm

Wow...I would completely be caught off guard if Jake did this. It would be nice but does anyone remember the hell Jake went through on the BATM tour (Randy signs everywhere during concerts) and the constant press comparisons and questions? Don't get me wrong about Jake's tenure with Ozzy but considering Jake's karma...I would definitely be surprised.

Jimi

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...