Bark At The Moon solo

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Bark At The Moon solo

Postby Fakeblue » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:20 am

,,b,nb
Last edited by Fakeblue on Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Bark At The Moon solo

Postby yellowshirtguy » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:37 pm

too bad it doesnt show the live outro :(
I've never seen anyone do the live outro like jake did it.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:16 pm

That's a real beauty treasure of a music tab book on OZZY & Co. - I'm sure at one point it was a series of them (OZZY Vintage Music tab books) that showcased the three premiere legendary Guitarists' Randy Rhoads (Blizzard of Ozz & Dairy of A Madman era), Jake E. Lee (Bark At the Moon & The Utimate Sin era) and Zakk Wylde (Wicked Babies era, etc.,.) that helped launched and enhanced Mr. Ozzy Osbourne music Career to greater heights "respectfully" so along with other amazing legendary musicians like: Bob Daisley, Lee Kerslake, Tommy Aldridge, Randy Castillo (Wow, I did not know that RC grow his hair that long/I always familirize him with that Utimate Sin porkipine hairdo! :D ) and Phil Soussan to name a few that each "added" their own uniqueness to the flame. I like the archiev pic above of Ozzy, Randy C. & Zakk...'sorry, I do not know who the last person is/I take it he was the bass player at that particular OZZY "Wicked Babies" era. Anyway, great archive treasure & thanks for sharing. 8) Much respects.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:56 pm

Shadow wrote:'sorry, I do not know who the last person is/I take it he was the bass player at that particular OZZY "Wicked Babies" era.

That would be Mike Inez :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:45 am

Actually you have to save the pics on your pc and zoom on them in order to have a more accurate view.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:41 am

anyway .. are those tabs off jakes version or Zakks ?

also .. Wicked Babies :?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby nazgul666 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:23 am

I just started learning this solo becasue it was in the current issue of Guitar Magazine. I can play a million songs halfway through and incorrectly, lol. No just kidding, I play in a gigging Sabbath tribute band in New York. But I always loved this song so I thought I would give it a shot. I am having a little problem switthcing to one of the chords in the intro, and I am in the metrnome phase of the end of the solo right now just trying to get it up to speed cleanly. The outro is next. At first try the hammerons and pulloffs of the outro were pretty easy but those few notes that are on the D string are posing a bit of a problem. Anyone else have trouble with any of this when they were learning it?

Mike

Postby skezza » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:30 am

MetalHead wrote:anyway .. are those tabs off jakes version or Zakks ?

also .. Wicked Babies :?
:P
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:58 am

Those are definately Zakk's versions. Jake used that unbelievable stretch in his version. See the you tube video from the Salt Lake show. Very nice close up of a technique I will never be able to do.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby rice_pudding » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:13 pm

mrmetal wrote:Those are definately Zakk's versions. Jake used that unbelievable stretch in his version. See the you tube video from the Salt Lake show. Very nice close up of a technique I will never be able to do.

i recently watched the salt lake show. Its amazing seeing the man in action, it has doubled my admiration for him. His technique, improvisation, showmanship... all amazing. I dont think anyone can fully appreciate Jake until they see him live.

All Access Member

Postby nazgul666 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:19 am

Link for the Salt Lake show? I am stidying this song now. I tried it the stretch way and my wrist still hurts!!

It does look cool though.

Postby Soulfinger » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:31 am

The "outro" you're referencing is played only on the B and G strings.

It's the same basic alternate picked pull-off things that are one of his fundamental techniques. He just uses really wide intervals. The SLC vid or the Ultimate Ozzy live version show how to do it.

I don't know how Zakk would play it. I tend not to pay much attention to him.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...