Long Time Fan from San Diego Teaser at the halcyon in ob

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Long Time Fan from San Diego Teaser at the halcyon in ob

Postby mrgoat » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:27 am

I'm a huge fan that partied the weekend club circuit in SD in the 80's
Watching jake then it was only at matter of time before he went to the next level.I HAD AN INCREDIBLE TIME WITH MANY MEMORIES!!!
ROCK ON JAKE!!!!
MRGOAT :D

Killer of Giants

Re: Long Time Fan from San Diego Teaser at the halcyon in ob

Postby Deansolo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:44 am

Welcome! Share some of those memories MrGoat! Tell me some of your stories 'bout the "good ol' days" in San Diego, before all the developers shit on our paradise.

Disclaimer: No offense .....But, I'm a SD native and am just a little irked with the uncontrolled development of our beautiful town.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:25 pm

Welcome to the board, MrGoat :P

Deansolo wrote:Disclaimer: No offense .....But, I'm a SD native and am just a little irked with the uncontrolled development of our beautiful town.

I talked to a friend who spent July 4th in SD with his g/f. He said that over a million people were watching fireworks on the beaches, and it took hours for everyone to get out. What a hassle! :?

Postby mrgoat » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:40 pm

Dean,
I was born and raised also in sd,in La jolla-rob crosby (ratt)was 1 grade below me and had a club band called aircraft.The one thing that we did have was live music-no drum machines only recorded music in between sets.
friday night pickup a reader to see who is playing where then waking up
sunday morning feeling pretty trashed.Moms saloon-my rich uncles,bachanal to name a few clubs.what choices for the kids nowadays is there??? go to a club to see a D.J???? I am getting old but no its not too loud !!!!! thanks for the welcome
MRGOAT

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:50 pm

Ah yes! The Bacchanal! Had many a great time there! Yep, I remember those days. No DJ's....San Diego had a pretty thriving rock scene in the 70's and 80's. I really miss those days. Thanks for posting. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:06 pm

Gutterflower wrote:Welcome to the board, MrGoat :P

Deansolo wrote:Disclaimer: No offense .....But, I'm a SD native and am just a little irked with the uncontrolled development of our beautiful town.

I talked to a friend who spent July 4th in SD with his g/f. He said that over a million people were watching fireworks on the beaches, and it took hours for everyone to get out. What a hassle! :?

Yeah, what a fkn hassle! We live like 10 minutes from the beach but refuse to fight all the tourists on July 4th! Fkn pisser is that our tax dollars fund all that crap and WE can't even find a parking space to enjoy OUR FKN FIREWORKS! For the last 3 years We've been going INLAND to a freinds house to enjoy the fireworks (he lives about 200 yds from a great 4th of July display) that his city puts on! It's always a great time but it's also HOT as HELL where he lives. It's gotten so crowded that it's not even worth going to the beach during July and August, let alone on any of the "tourist holidays". :(

Sorry for the rant...I just miss the old days. :|
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:20 pm

I hear ya, Dean. There are just so many freakin' people anymore.
And my friends in Arizona complain about all of the Californians moving out there - but it doesn't seem to make a dent where you are. It's pretty congested in Maryland, too - and we're a waay smaller state. The way they slam houses on to every available piece of green space just SUCKS! Plus droughts mean less and less water - pretty soon water will cost more than gas 8O

okay, that was my mini rant :|

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:28 pm

Gutterflower wrote:I hear ya, Dean. There are just so many freakin' people anymore.
And my friends in Arizona complain about all of the Californians moving out there - but it doesn't seem to make a dent where you are. It's pretty congested in Maryland, too - and we're a waay smaller state. The way they slam houses on to every available piece of green space just SUCKS! Plus droughts mean less and less water - pretty soon water will cost more than gas 8O

okay, that was my mini rant :|

Haha! :lol: We complain about all the "Zonies" spending the summer in San Diego! :lol: I guess it's the same everywhere just on a different scale.

BTW last time I checked Bottled Water was like $2.00 a quart....er, sorry LITRE :roll: . That means it's way more expensive than gas. ;)

Disclaimer: Sorry, didn't mean to offend all the metric system people, but I deal in inches and quarts...IYKWIM. ;) :lol:
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Postby Snowy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:42 pm

mrgoat wrote:Dean,
I was born and raised also in sd,in La jolla-rob crosby (ratt)was 1 grade below me and had a club band called aircraft.The one thing that we did have was live music-no drum machines only recorded music in between sets.
friday night pickup a reader to see who is playing where then waking up
sunday morning feeling pretty trashed.Moms saloon-my rich uncles,bachanal to name a few clubs.what choices for the kids nowadays is there??? go to a club to see a D.J???? I am getting old but no its not too loud !!!!! thanks for the welcome
MRGOAT

Welcome Mr. Goat. I too am so looking forward to hearing your Jake and Ratt stories. How exciting for you to be a part of the San Diego scene in the early 80's. Did you also know Warren DeMartini as well?

Postby mrgoat » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:07 pm

Snowy,
Thanks for the kind welcome!!
I would only hope that sharing these stories from long ago would not
be taken in the wrong context like who wants to see the old photos that a
relative or friend brings out at the wrong time????.
I wouldnt want to offend jake in any way or talk about a time maybe that he wouldnt want to bring up.
I can tell you anyone at that time who saw him play knew they were seeing
someone who was special and clearly had much more talent then many around him
I remember clearly so many of the songs they covered (many styles)but who wants to here about that . Am I wrong to Feel this way about "the old times"??? Jake or someone help me Thanks guys
MRGOAT :?:

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:38 pm

Dude, for many of us here, that's all we have is the old times! LOL!!! :lol:

:D
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:40 am

Deansolo wrote:Dude, for many of us here, that's all we have is the old times! LOL!!! :lol:

:D

Some older than others... ;) Right Dean? :D

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:53 am

:x Grrrrrr!

:lol:
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:56 am

Deansolo wrote::x Grrrrrr!

Postby mrgoat » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:49 pm

The first time I saw jake with teaser at the halcyon what really got my interest was how he shredded santana's "open invitation" he and his band at that time played alot of different songs that others didnt-robert palmer,tommy bolin,isley brothers and he rocked them all,his bass player and I had mutual interest in a female that followed the circuit at that time.
anyone remember straight ahead sound in la mesa??? (thats another story!)
War big hair and big amps!!!!! I took many a friend that said I dont dance dude...4-5 drinks + who knows what else add beautiful girls and I guarantee that unless your legs were broken you were dancing some how!!!! Thanks jake for some awsome times!!!! More to Come
MrGoat :D :D

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...