Long Time Fan from San Diego Teaser at the halcyon in ob

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Long Time Fan from San Diego Teaser at the halcyon in ob

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:14 pm

Keep it coming, MrGoat :wink: I would have LOVED to have seen Jake play Open Invitation 8) Do you have any old pictures you can post?

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:39 pm

Yep, I remember Straight Ahead Sound. Tell us the story dude! :)

BTW, if you don't mind me asking....are you still in the area?
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Postby mrgoat » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:59 pm

Gflower,
Ive been looking in the archives and am sure to have some :lol:
Dean- the infamous Straight Ahead Sound :P :P :P
Straight Ahead sound (el cajon Blvd) was a converted night club/dinner club that in the years past the Cascades made famous (dont remember the original name) this place was converted into a recording studio with an area with a large dance floor and stage. on friday and saturday nights they
had bands play and let the < 21 crowd in (no drinks were served) :cry: but usually we had been at other clubs before we got there.
At first the crowds were good and some of the better bands played there but because of the age of the crowd or not being able to afford the better talent it didnt last. Lets just say that the guys who liked the girls from 17-21 well the scenery was awesome. My Dates had to be able to vote. (The Lord blessed me with a beautiful daughter I think to remind me of my escapedes when i was younger)It was a cool place with excellent sound and the other club My rich uncles was just up the street :wink:
More Later MRGOAT 8)

Postby mrgoat » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:37 pm

Robb Crosby's Band Aircraft played Straight Ahead Sound back then
but to be honest at that time they were very average.Robbs band had 2 guys from school, Teaser was Head and shouders above Robb crosby at that time but who could predict what was coming for them both as far San Diego goes LA/Hollywood was the next step for the bigtime.
Ive got pictures and will try to scan next week. Me personally would love to play as I know many here do however many years of lessons I just dont have it and never will-my sister played virtuoso piano at a young age and parents figure if 1 kid can do it so can the other....those lessons went down the toilet..I belive music and art is a gift that you are born with as I watched many who played (Jake and robb ETC) that just had it ,and made it look effortless and had fun doing it. I was given something different understanding mechanics of cars trucks and boats came easy to me. I would love nothing better than to have the talent to play-to Shred a club or concert hall but for me I'll have to rock on your car and let the others play it for me
MRGOAT :) :)
Last edited by mrgoat on Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:33 pm

Can't wait to see the pics! :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Postby mrgoat » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:07 pm

I talked with a friend today that I used to run with and told him how cool the vibes have been from this site is and we talked about some of the sets and songs jake played
one my favs was Van Halen's D.O.A-aint talkin bout love-runnin with the devil in that order :) (dont remember ever seeing a set list)He made it look easy while tearing it up.
I trying to get a reunion with the old crowd in AUG will try to bring more pics and memories from that time.
MRGOAT

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:01 pm

That's a strange name you have there, MrGoat..'interesting. Made me chuckle there for a moment and your avatar is a Classic Charlie Brown logo so I quess your a "Peanuts" Charlie Brown fan, too. So you've 1st seen da Oge*Jake E. Lee back in the early formation of his band TEASER doing cover songs & such: did JAKE's band Teaser do any origional tunes and if so what were their titles and did they ever put out a demo of them. I like the name TEASER, alot and I bet Jake totally streamed in that band also. If possible please do add some vintage pix, music & stories about Jake E. Lee's TEASER days :!: Peace and welcome MrGoat to the JakeELee.com Website & message board forums.

Postby mrgoat » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:21 pm

:D Shadow,
Thank you for the kind words.
If you cant laugh at yourself start digging your own hole!
The name came from my better half-for the most part Im pretty good natured #2 i like to eat just about anything #3 well maybe im a little hard headed (she doesnt like to butt heads with me)
I think it came from #3!!!
I think the name of Jakes band Teaser came from the Tommy Bolin song of the same name which they played at almost all the gigs. I had never heard of tommy bolin until I saw Jakes band play the tune and I went and bought the album Jakes version live was better.
I dont recall any original tunes at that time (will talk with the old crew)but jake did sing the harmonies!! :o
MrGoat

Postby mrgoat » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:35 pm

Deansolo
sorry i havent posted have been down sick
I have rounded up some pics but dont have the gear
to get them to the net
i be happy to send copies to whoever to get them on the net
I will post more when i feel better
MrGoat

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:20 pm

mrgoat wrote:Deansolo
sorry i havent posted have been down sick
I have rounded up some pics but dont have the gear
to get them to the net
i be happy to send copies to whoever to get them on the net
I will post more when i feel better
MrGoat

Awww, man! I'd love to help, but my old ass scanner just recently took a dump. :(

I'll PM ya.

Hope you feel better soon.
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Postby jimiforrest » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:50 pm

MrGoat...you can send the pics to Jeff (owner/administrator o fthis site) and I'm sure he would be more than happy to get them up.

All The Best,
Jimi

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...