Eddie Trunk info

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Eddie Trunk info

Postby guitarninja » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:12 pm

A couple of months ago someone put up a link to eddie trunk about his interview with vito bratta and towards the end he said something about trying to find jake. well the other night i e-mailed eddie to see if this was still a go. unfortunately his response was........." he isn't doing interviews and he is handling some personal issues."
This is unfortunate because eddie is a guy who loves keeping metal alive and he seems to appreciate musicians . By that i mean he is not out to slag anyone. So if eddie trunk can't get jake is there any hope????
Any thoughts?????????????

All Access Member

Re: Eddie Trunk info

Postby nazgul666 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:11 am

Yeah the personal issues thing is disturbing. I'm new to the board. I know nothing of Jake's personal life. Although I gathered from reading posts that something happened along the line with his wife or ex wife etc. But if he already had a dispostion to remove himelf from the public eye and then has personal stuff going on on top of that, I wouldn't hold out much hope that you'll see him putting out music any time sooon.

Postby Fretman » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:25 am

Eddie Trunk probably knows about as much as the rest of us as to Jake's status. Personal issues could be anything, we all have them from time to time. According to Dean Jake is still musically active in Vegas, and he's had more contact with Jake than Eddie Trunk. I wouldn't read much into it. I think Jake is happy to stay under the radar.

Of course this is only my opinion...I don't know anymore than the rest of you.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:00 am

I'll Bite.

Disclaimer: I'm gonna drop a couple of names here, They're just to illustrate a point and not meant to sound like I'm way cool or something.

Okay here's what I know.... Jake's a very private person...we all know that. He's VERY hard to get ahold of. By that I mean, he's not very prompt when answering e-mails or returning phone calls. At first I thought it was just me...but Greg Chaisson and Mike Varney both confirmed that that's just how he is and not to take it personally. He's that way with them too. Eddie trunk may have just given up trying to get Jake to return his calls. Lol! :lol: It's not uncommon for people who can't get Jake to respond to try other avenues.....like trying to get me to contact him in their behalf. I swear I get at least 2 of these a month.... People looking for interviews, old friends / bandmates trying to reconnect, other Rockstars wanting Jake to play, women who used to work for the record label wanting to say "HI", and most recently a movie director and his associates. :) It's cool to know Jake is still in demand. I happily pass on the info,... but ultimately, it's up to Jake to say whether he wants to do something or not.

Most people think that because Jake stays out of the public eye that he is a recluse. Nothing could be further from the truth. Jake is a regular guy like me and you. He plays guitar, builds pedals and tinkers around with gear. Basically he's a gearhead. He regularly visits Cowtown guitars in Vegas and just recently bought a bunch of vintage Gibsons, a vintage Danelectro and a vintage Dan Armstong bass. I spoke with Jesse at Cowtown a few weeks ago and also while I was in Vegas visiting with my friend Mike Varney. Jesse says Jake's in there all the time but hasn't heard from him in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, we didn't have the chance to visit with Jake while we (my wife and I) were in Vegas. Mike had us runnin' the whole time we were there. When asked how Jake been and what he's been up to, Mike replied: " Jakes just hangin' out........you know Jake".

Okay so you might be saying: "Okay so Jake just holes up in his house and plays guitar by himself". That could be true....I only have a professional relationship with him, so I don't know the details of his life. But a real cool sign that he's not just "holed up in his house' is the fact that my friend Tony Masterantonio (who also lives in Vegas), Ran into him just the other day. Tony is a graphic artist by day (he's doing my new ads) and a guitarist that plays on the strip at night (Bellagio, Mandalay Bay, Venetian)....Anyway Tony said he and Jake had a great talk about all kinds of stuff...music, mutual friends, our ads featuring Jake, about their Cat's Eye pedals (shameless plug :) ), etc. Tony said Jake's looking good, very upbeat and is just a genuinely nice guy.

In summary...Jake's just a regular guy who's "out and about" in Las Vegas. He's made it clear that he doesn't do the rockstar thing anymore. He's happy being Jake Williams and Only does the Jake E Lee thing when he feels like it. :)

On another note: I've been trying for weeks to get ahold of him to prod him into doing the interview for the Randy Rhoads documentary. He hasn't responded which is not unusual :lol: . I don't want to read anything into that ...I'm hoping that he's just busy. :)

Dean
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Alkeys » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:58 pm

I would think that the last thing Jake wants to do is a RR interview let alone a Eddie Trunk interview. I'm sure he'd roll his eyes at that inquiry. He's got no incentive to do either one of those. He owes no one, especially Eddie Trunk any kind of explanation what he does with is life and I bet he's so sick of hearing the name RR all the time. I'm still trying to figure out why even Vito decided to be interviewed like that- other than to air some dirty laundry with Mike Tramp.

Besides I'm sure Zakk Wylde wouldn't mind doing a whole interview on how great RR was since Zakk's style/influence is more in line with Randy anyway. Just give Zakk a 6er of Sierra Nevada and hit the record button. Jake just happened to be the dude after Randy. He didn't have much in common with Randy other than that. Jake was his own animal, that could play Randy's songs in his sleep while moving all over the stage.

All I know is I've never seen anyone like Jake on the music scene before or after that quite measures up to the fine ability mixed with absolute exemplary grace under pressure and precision that Jake exhibited in his playing with Ozzy, not to mention his unmatched stage presence and unique style thrown in the mix for good measure.

In a way I'm kind of glad Jake has disappeared because unlike Ozzy and Zakk who have kept going and kind of ruined their image over the years, I'm glad that the Jake I remember, the snapshot in my brain, is Jake from like the 80s, all kickin ass. That's a good memory to have.

Postby Fretman » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:11 pm

Thanks for the updates Dean...always appreciated!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:34 pm

Fretman wrote:Thanks for the updates Dean...always appreciated!

You're welcome. :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Postby Snowy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:38 pm

TY for the update dean. Mucho appreciated.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:47 pm

:D
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Alkeys » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:25 am

Thanks Dean as always for the updates of info

I just meant anybody getting an interview with Jake is near impossible and I'm sure he's not in any big hury to do it.

Re-read my post and realized I sounded like an ass- apologies to everyone especially Deansolo. In the future, I'll keep my thoughts to myself and if I have no contribution I won't post- sorry. Sometime thinking out loud is bad- I'm still learning that lesson in life. :)

On a good note, was really happy to find a mint copy of the 1st badlands LP for 3 bucks the other day.

Have a good weekend.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:27 am

Alkeys wrote:Thanks Dean as always for the updates of info

I just meant anybody getting an interview with Jake is near impossible and I'm sure he's not in any big hury to do it.

Re-read my post and realized I sounded like an ass- apologies to everyone especially Deansolo. In the future, I'll keep my thoughts to myself and if I have no contribution I won't post- sorry. Sometime thinking out loud is bad- I'm still learning that lesson in life. :)

On a good note, was really happy to find a mint copy of the 1st badlands LP for 3 bucks the other day.

Have a good weekend.

Hey man, no apologies necessary. Nice score on the Badlands LP! :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Return to All things Jake E Lee...