Jake Tribute tracks

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Jake Tribute tracks

Postby jimiforrest » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:14 pm

I have posted two full-length tracks from the Jake Tribute on my myspace page. These are songs that I performed for the tribute with the help of a couple of friends. They are Bark At The Moon and Walking Attitude. They are not available for download but you can listen to them in a streaming format.

I currently have two CD's in the works. They are original material. One encompasses songs I have written throughout my career and the other is all new material. I decided to post the Tribute tracks with a couple of other cover tracks (one of which is from the George Lynch tribute I recorded for back in 2003) in the interim. You can hear the songs at http://www.myspace.com/jimiforrest

As far as the Jake Tribute goes...I have been far too busy to to do anything with it for the last couple of years. Damn...that's a very sad note that it has been in the can for that long. I had asked for help/support over that time but no one has stepped in.

On that note, would the members of jakeelee.com be willing to buy the tracks here on this site? With all proceeds going to the support of this site?

The tracks posted on my myspace page are not even close to the strongest tracks on the Tribute. I simply posted them as I performed all of the guitar tracks (as well as other instruments on them).

Jimi

Killer of Giants

Re: Jake Tribute tracks

Postby Deansolo » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:31 pm

IT RAWKS!!! :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:39 pm

You have a real nice Myspace Homepage there, Jimi Forrest and are quite talented too. I really liked what I heard especially "Walking Attitude" from the Jake E. Lee Tribute Rock N Roll Rebel in which you (and company) are still engage in finishing up all those Tribute JAKE Classic songs from his early Music days with Ozzy & Badlands. "I wish you had the time to finish the whole Tribute to Jake E. Lee for the songs that were chosen were perfect/and would love to hear what you guys have done with them "adding" your own special twist to Mr. Lee's vintage treasures. Anyway, I don't have any problems with purchasing some of the Jake E. Lee Tribute Rebel tunes "here" but I must admit I much prefer having the whole unit "package" as one/not in portions. You & your partners worked hard to put this Tribute out in honor of a pretty cool Rebel musician Jake E. Lee and the Graphic Artist Rory that desiged the Cover Art to this fine Tribute done an incrediable Rebel design that says JAKE all over it: I love the look of it very Antique worn Western looking/and sound (heard other songs on this Tribute and you guys are bad asses! That's why I want it to be release in it's entirety as a album/to be purchase in it's entirety. I don't mind portions but I like the whole picture better). Peace and once again, I really enjoyed your Myspace personel Homepage. YOU, Rock Jimi and look forward to your grooves too, the instrumental Dee was really lovely. :D Cheers!

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:57 am

Great...But "Walking attitude" let down By the Vocals!

Postby Fretman » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:36 am

The Jake Tribute is badass and I think any Jake fan would enjoy it. If the CD is put on the site for purchase I suggest you all buy it...I know I will.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:36 am

I'd be willing to buy it, as long as none of the vocalist destroyed the songs with death growls.

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:18 am

I would, just like I mentioned a couple of years ago. ;)

Don't worry Jimi, we all know how life gets you by the balls every now and then. Especially when kids are around, that is why I quit the band thing.

I always wanted to hear the tracks - other than Bow's and whoever that cat was that did Center to Enternity.

All Access Member

Postby jimiforrest » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:58 pm

For the record...the project has been in the can for no less than two years. All recordings are complete. In fact we ended up with a few more tracks than we could use. There are NO growlers. Also consider that this project was done on a volunteer basis. There were many who didn't come through with their promises and others who did more than the lion's share of the work.

Anyway...as I mentioned before...the tracks on my myspace page are not even close to the strongest tracks of the project. Wait til you hear Highwire and Seasons. They are polar in their presentations...and they are phenomenal.

Thanks for the support and we should have a solution very soon.

Jimi

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:37 pm

Well, that's good news and "please" do the whole Jake E. Lee Tribute Rock N Roll Rebel in it's entirety/what I heard so far I really like: if anything needed any improvement on from the samples that heard on your myspace page, Jimi it would be the "Bark at the Moon" song, the vocals need to be a more haunting & passionate other then that I like the samples. Peace and thank you! 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:13 am

how much would it cost ?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Return to All things Jake E Lee...