Whitesnake - Live In HD

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Whitesnake - Live In HD

Postby Fretman » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:34 pm

I just saw the Whitesnake concert from London 2004 on HDNet. It looks like the DVD is set to release on March 6th. Damn this was a good show. The band sounded great and Doug Aldrich is sick, of course. If you're a Whitesnake fan I highly recommend it when it's released.

All Access Member

Re: Whitesnake - Live In HD

Postby Shadow » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:48 pm

"March 6, 2006 - I'll circle that special day on my Calendar: Mercy, mercy me 8O WHITESNAKE caught Live on DVD! I never seen Whitesnake perform live and been a big fan of theirs since the mid 80's and really love their sound & energies: David Coverdale is an amazing sensual Vocalist & he and his bandmates "shine" all the way! Bad ass band and would be honour to purchase & own this rare gem DVD of Whitesnake Live from London 2004/I bet they put on one hell of a Concert! I'm look forward for it's release, Fretman. Peace! :D 8) 8O

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:01 am

8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Tommy Aldridge on the Drums Baby 8)

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:01 am

8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Tommy Aldridge on the Drums Baby 8)

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:49 am

Harddriver, you really need to get in touch with your inner self and get that double posting problem taken care of......

Fret, thanks for the heads up. Supposedly my wife is getting that DVD for me on my birthday...we'll see! :-)

I've never seen Snake live, so this is something I'm looking forward to!

On another note, if you're a Europe fan, then check out their latest DVD, Live From the Dark. The NTSC version is coming out in February, but I was able to land a PAL version of it in December. It's well worth buying...every penny...I highly recommend it if you like 80s hard rock at all! If you don't respect John Norum now, you will after watching this DVD!

Postby Fretman » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:22 am

I love John Norum's solo stuff...I haven't seen this DVD so I'll check it out.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:40 am

Anything with Doug Aldrich rocks, he will make any band....bet ya Dio was pissed when he left him, created a fkn killer album "killing the dragon" and was killer on the tour. :)

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:51 pm

Rock wrote:Anything with Doug Aldrich rocks, he will make any band....bet ya Dio was pissed when he left him, created a fkn killer album "killing the dragon" and was killer on the tour. :)

I've been lagging behind in my hard rock until recently, so I've bought Killing the Dragon about a week ago. I agree, Doug gave Dio a much needed shot in the arm! It's a great disc!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Demon_A_Go-Go » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:19 pm

Yeah I've seen Doug during the Killing the dragon tour but unfortunately they did only one song - Push from it :wink: He is a pure shredder .

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Olaf » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:59 pm

Speaking of Whitesnake:

WHITESNAKE To Headline Bang Your Head
2006-01-27 08:06:07

WHITESNAKE have been confirmed to headline this year's installment of the Bang Your Head!!! festival, set to take place June 23-24, 2006 in Balingen, Germany. The band's appearance at the event will be the only German open air show David Coverdale and company will play this summer. The festival billing is shaping up as follows so far (with 7 additional acts yet to be confirmed): WHITESNAKE, FOREIGNER, HELLOWEEN, Y&T, RIK EMMETT (playing an evening of TRIUMPH-music), JON OLIVA'S PAIN, EXODUS, FLOTSAM AND JETSAM, VENGEANCE, LEATHERWOLF, COUNT RAVEN, VICTORY, L.A. GUNS, POWERWOLF.

Anyone up for a trip to Germany........hahahahah.....I wish.

Postby Fretman » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:02 pm

Olaf wrote:Speaking of Whitesnake:

WHITESNAKE have been confirmed to headline this year's installment of the Bang Your Head!!! festival, set to take place June 23-24, 2006 in Balingen, Germany. The band's appearance at the event will be the only German open air show David Coverdale and company will play this summer. The festival billing is shaping up as follows so far (with 7 additional acts yet to be confirmed): WHITESNAKE, FOREIGNER, HELLOWEEN, Y&T, RIK EMMETT (playing an evening of TRIUMPH-music), JON OLIVA'S PAIN, EXODUS, FLOTSAM AND JETSAM, VENGEANCE, LEATHERWOLF, COUNT RAVEN, VICTORY, L.A. GUNS, POWERWOLF.

I wish too...sounds like a great show.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:09 am

Olaf wrote:Speaking of Whitesnake:

If I was a rich man I'd be in! I'd love to see Snake, Foreigner, and Jon Oliva's Pain all in the same setting!

I wonder if Jason Bonham is still drumming for Foreigner? You talk about a great drummer...he's very, very cool! He's not all about being fast, but he's all over the place! You need to check out the Bonham self titled album from 89'...very cool hardrock album!

All Access Member

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:35 pm

I just bought live in teh still of the night
I MEAN WOW it rules!
Tommys drum solo is amazing!!!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby BadSeed » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:32 pm

Doug is an amazing player.He has been filling in recently for Craig Goldy in Dio again, while WS is on hiatus.Rumors are he is staying, bu i highly doubt it. He has said that him and Coverdale have enough songs for a cd in rough stages of writing.Pretty sure he would want to put those out with WS. Dio is cool, but not really Dougs true style.

Other then Jake, this guy has been a faveorite for a long time.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Demon_A_Go-Go » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:17 pm

RandyRhoadsRules! wrote:I just bought live in teh still of the night
I MEAN WOW it rules!
Tommys drum solo is amazing!!!

I've just finished to download the second part of the dvd.I've already watch the first one and all i can say is sensational guitar work .Reb Beach is playing so many solos good surprise for me .He is a tapping master not kiddin ! On the other side completely different tone provided by Doug ,the ballance is very good - Reb is playing non distorted progressions and solos ,Doug heavy distorted riffs and solos ,when they are together distorted it is a double solo or palm muted notes.I crank my home stereo to the max because of these lovely Marshall tones. :P

Next

Return to Free for all...