Jake jammin' in Vegas

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Jake jammin' in Vegas

Postby Deansolo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:33 pm

Hi guys,

I got a myspace bulletin the other day from my personal (as well as myspace) friend and Cat's-Eye endorser, Stoney Curtis. Stoney Just released a great new record on Mikes V's label. In the bulletin Stoney mentions that Jake E Lee came down and sat in with the band. Great news. :D

Here's the link to the bulletin:

http://bulletins.myspace.com/index.cfm? ... b5721aa713

Also, check out the Stoney Curtis Band page:

www.myspace.com/stoneycurtisband

Dean
Last edited by Deansolo on Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Re: Jake jammin' in Vegas

Postby Deansolo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:35 pm

Here's the text from the bulletin for non-myspacers....

Date: Nov 7, 2007 5:50 PM
Subject: Vegas this Weekend.. Veterans Concert
Body: Stoney Curtis Band

Thanks for helping us celebrate the release of our new record "Raw and Real".. We had 2 great celebrations.. 1 in LA at BB Kings and 1 in Vegas at the Sand Dollar, that brought a who's who of the blues scene to come and jam with us and help us celebrate, including a rare performance by Jake E. Lee (Ozzy, Badlands)sitting in with the SCB and rocking the shit out of the place...

Friday, November 9
KING TUTS
Charleston and Jones 10pm to 2am
Las Vegas, NV

Saturday, November 10
SAND DOLLAR BLUES
3355 Polaris ave.. @ Spring Mtn. Rd 10pm to 3am
Las Vegas, NV

Also on Saturday, November 10 we will be making an appearance at the VETERANS MEMORIAL Concert at 2pm...
.. Come support a great cause and hear some great bands ......
Helping the community build a new Veterans hospital in Las Vegas...

CHECK THE SHEDULE of participating bands.. BELOW>>>>

The show is at the Clark County Government Centre Amphitheatre - 500 S. Grand Central Pkwy, Las Vegas
Directions: Take I-15, Exit Charleston East; make an immediate left on Grand Central Pkwy.
PARKING:
Parking is adjacent to the Government Centre Amphitheatre.

$8 adults... $5 Kids

Saturday – November 10, 2007

11:00 – 11:20 AM KIMMIE (will open with Star Spangled Banner)

11:30 – 12:00 PM FLAVAZ

12:10 – 12:40 PM SHOWBIZ KIDS

12:45 – 1:15 PM SOULAR

1:30 – 2:00 PM JIMMIE RAY & RING OF FIRE (JOHNNY CASH & JUNE CARTER TRIBUTE)

2:10 – 2:40 PM STONEY CURTIS BAND

2:50 – 3:20 PM STONE

3:30 – 4:15 PM BILLY RAY CHARLES

4:30 – 5:00 PM MICHAEL JOHN’S BILLY JOEL TRIBUTE

5:10 – 5:40 PM CARLA COOK

6:00 – 7:00 PM PURPLE REIGN

7:15 – 7:45 PM THE STRIPT (evening STAR SPANGLED BANNER)

8:00 – 8:30 PM FIRST ROUND KNOCK-OUT

8:45 – 9:15 PM CONFLICT OF INTEREST

9:30 – 10:00 PM DIRTY PENNY

Sunday – November 11, 2007

11:00 – 11:20 AM BRI (will open with Star Spangled Banner)

11:25 – 11:40 PM MICHAEL CAGLE (only 2 songs)

11:50 – 12:30 PM THE SWING SISTERS

12:45 – 1:15 PM THE GOODFELLOWS

1:30 – 1:50 PM QUINCY COLEMAN

2:05 – 2:55 PM THE IVY WALLS

3:10 - 3:40 PM MICHAEL JOHN’S BILLY JOEL TRIBUTE

3:50 – 4:20 PM CARLA COOK

4:30 – 5:00 PM GENEVIEVE (evening STAR SPANGLED BANNER)

5:15 – 6:00 PM BILLY RAY CHARLES

6:15 – 6:45 PM PLAN B

7:00 – 7:30 PM STONE DEAD ROSES

7:45 – 8:15 PM KIL JADEN

8:30 – 9:00 PM PAUL EPIC

9:15 – 10:00 PM THE PHOENIX w/ LEZ WARNER OF THE CULT
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Postby Fretman » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:32 pm

Here are comments left on the Jake E Lee myspace page from the bass player of that band.

What,s up Jake hope you are well.What an honor "to jam with you" the other night.You,re one of the highest-profiled musician,s, I have jamed with in a long time,but you where so humble,I am told "all the great one,s" are in fact Humble.I look forward to you coming out to our gigs and playing much more.I will learn the songs on your record ,Logan comes out all the time.So we can make it happen..(Kick A$$)..

Here is the link to the bass player

http://www.myspace.com/WarlordBASS

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:34 pm

Yeah I know those guys. :) Partied for 3 days with them last March when I was in Vegas. Didn't get to meet Chris Logan tho'... maybe next time. ;)

Next time you guys go to Vegas, stop in at the Sand Dollar. It's a cool little bar waaay off the strip where there's always rippin blues going on. Mike's always there on Tuesday nights jammin'. All the Shrapnel guys that are in the Vegas area go there as well. check it out...maybe you'll run into Jake there too! :D

Dean
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:11 am

good news ? 8)

i think so :twisted:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:57 pm

What a really cool & Soulful Bluesy special Concert Event that must have been (November 7th - 10th 2007 in the City of Las Vegas): a Veteran's Concert extravaganza weekend plus! How so wonderful & unforgettable that scene must have been that the Rebel Blues/Rocker guitarist Jake E. Lee made an "surprise" guest appearance & participated in the show(s)/at the Sand Dollar with the Stoney Curtis Band (my first time hearing them/but their names sound quite familiar for I've seen them in major instrumental music magazine's/like Bass & Guitar Player and such) how phenomanel & heart touching that such Master musicians Jake E. Lee-guitars, Stoney Curtis-guitars/vocals, Colby Smith-bass (I see his name/and pix alot in those Bass Guitar magazines!) and Charles Glover II-drums were able to jam together at this engageing Veterans Blues music festivities & that the proceeds/funds will help to build an Hospital in that "Community area of Las Vegas. Mike Varney has some mighty incrediable master musicians on his esteem Record Label SHRAPNEL Records...-the Stoney Curtis Band - "Raw & Real" Cd sounds really gritty & Soulfully down to Earth another fine new album to add to my list! Thanks, for sharing this special thread with us JAKE fans/it's so wonderful to hear that such an awesome musician/Jake E. Lee is out there performing for it's clear that is where his passions are and it would be cool to see him do some Solo live dates there at the Sand Dollar promoting his album "Retraced" along with his older & newer grooves as well, that would be fabulous also. Peace! :D :o 8)

Oh, yes hopefully & surely there must be some pretty heavy Bluesy pix of this Veterans Concert Event that took place in Las Vegas/Nov 7th - 10th: "please" show if possible some of those Sand Dollar, Las Vegas pix of Jake E. Lee w/the Stoney Curtis Band. Cheers & God Bless!

All Access Member

Postby Stargazer » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:35 am

Thanks for posting. The sign of a truly great guitarist..the fact that he hasn't really been active since the early 90's and we are all waiting for more!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:55 am

Stargazer wrote:the fact that he hasn't really been active since the early 90's and we are all waiting for more!

his solo efforts doesn't count ? 8O
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:02 pm

I hope to see the pix of this very special Veteran occasion event that took place in Las Vegas at the nostalgia Sand Dollar: our Mr. Jake E. Lee making a nice guest appearance with the Stoney Curtis band in celebration of their newest recording "Raw & Real". I bet it was an outstanding Concert event (as I've mentioned in my 1st reply post above) and wished I could of been present to support Jake and fellow musicians that participated at this event to help others in need. So, if you have any photo shots of this Concert occasion "add" some of them to the JAKE E. LEE Gallery here. Peace.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...