the weather! (I know ... lame topic)

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

the weather! (I know ... lame topic)

Postby Doobie » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:11 pm

Here's hoping all the JEL site members located in the south stayed safe last night during the tornadoes. It blew through here with little damage. We got most of our damage last Tuesday - thousands were w/out power for several days. You can imagine our dismay at hearing yesterday's forecast after going through that just a week prior. :?

All Access Member

Re: the weather! (I know ... lame topic)

Postby harddriver » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:13 pm

Living here in the Midwest the weather is never a lame topic Doobie . IN the past week weve had

1.Highs in the 50's
2. Rain
3. Sleet
4. Highs in the teens
5. Severe thunderstorms

And im sure i left something out .

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:33 pm

Yep. Last Tuesday we woke up to 70 degrees and by the time the storms were over that night around 10ish, it was 26 and sleeting. Snowed the next day. Freaky! Living in the Midwest is reason for a Xanax prescription for me. Storms are beginning to make me panic - I've had two really reallllllly close calls with lightning. Both times I wasn't even outside. One was in my house and the other in the car. Plus, I have three trees near the house. The one in the back yard is a huuuuuuge oak. ugh. I may have to make that drs. appt. soon. :?

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:32 am

Here in the Mid Atlantic we're pretty lucky because our weather doesn't go to the extremes that the South and the Midwest have. But last week it was bone chilling cold - and yesterday it was 70! It's only snowed twice so far this year. Then last night the wind went wild and this morning it's about 48 degrees. I wish it would rain some more, cuz we're borderline drought condtions.

Damn global warming! :P

All Access Member

Postby Jim2368ca » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:18 am

70 fahrenheit ... I would kill for that. We just had a bout of - (yep that's a minus) 40 celsius, then add the wind chill in and you get a nice -57 celsius. After a week of that you wonder where the warming part of global warming is. (LOL) :D

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:49 pm

Jim2368ca wrote:70 fahrenheit ... I would kill for that. We just had a bout of - (yep that's a minus) 40 celsius, then add the wind chill in and you get a nice -57 celsius. After a week of that you wonder where the warming part of global warming is. (LOL) :D

That is all in Al Gore's head. Never mind that most scientists and climatologists disagree with his belief system.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:33 pm

Saw the "surprising" news last night about the Tornodos hitting the midwest and that Tennessee got hit the hardest: the people were devasated/shock "it came out of no way...'one moment you could see it from a great distance as being very small then all of certain it was right over you." She saw a young couple w/their baby loss their lives...'she was deeply shaken by it all. My Heart goes out to all the people that were caught in those dangerous Tornodos & the many lives it took & shaken up to leave behind. This one was major serious...'you say that you live in the Midwest Doobie/thank goodness that your area wasn't hit with devastation & I'm glad you and Family are okay. How frightening, I wish it was a way that these disasters like Tornados/Hurricanes, etc.,. could be tracked so that the people could have enough time to get out of the area that is to be hit. My Heart goes out to all the families that live there & pray that they get enough support to heal their pain & restore their Home land. Godbless.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:07 pm

mrmetal wrote:
Jim2368ca wrote:70 fahrenheit ... I would kill for that. We just had a bout of - (yep that's a minus) 40 celsius, then add the wind chill in and you get a nice -57 celsius. After a week of that you wonder where the warming part of global warming is. (LOL) :D

That is all in Al Gore's head. Never mind that most scientists and climatologists disagree with his belief system.

Dude, you sound like a Republican. Aren't you worried about your "Carbon Footprint"? :lol: I'll bet you also shoot animals for food! :P
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:35 am

First of all, Al Gore is a total jackass! :P I'm glad I got that off my chest. The death toll for the tornados were in the mid 20's for West and Middle Tennessee. For the most part, our mountains here in East Tennessee keep most of the severe weather away from us. We have had a great deal of rain this winter though. I guess it's making up for the lack thereof during last summer.

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:39 am

4 to 8 inches of snow is predicted for the overnight hours tonight.
Great! It's time for those "my SUV is invencible so let me drive like an asshole" people to slide off the road first. Hell, none of us know how to drive in it since we usually don't get hit with it frequently but, the SUV people crack me up. They buy those gas-guzzling vehicles so they can have transportation the two times we do get snow a year. Doesn't mean they know how to drive them in the snow, though! (Karma's a bitch ... watch me be the first one off the road in the a.m. :oops: )

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:54 am

Doobie wrote:4 to 8 inches of snow is predicted for the overnight hours tonight.
Great! It's time for those "my SUV is invencible so let me drive like an asshole" people to slide off the road first. Hell, none of us know how to drive in it since we usually don't get hit with it frequently but, the SUV people crack me up. They buy those gas-guzzling vehicles so they can have transportation the two times we do get snow a year. Doesn't mean they know how to drive them in the snow, though! (Karma's a bitch ... watch me be the first one off the road in the a.m. :oops: )

Better stock up on bread, milk and toilet paper :P 4-8 inches around here practically cripples the whole state!

If we get that much snow, I just call in. I figure, if I'm that important than someone can come get me! My company isn't gonna pay my deductible if I slide into a guardrail - and I sure don't wanna get creamed by an SUV dork who thinks he can plow through the snow. Around here, we've got a lot of people who are into their status symbol Hummers - those things are the size of tanks, and most of their drivers can't drive in good weather as it is lol

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:52 am

Wow, 4-8 inches of snow overnight? How the hell do you guys survive in that climate? S@#t, we get a little rain and I'm reluctant to drive down the block for my take-out Sushi, let alone ride my skateboard to the beach. :(
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:12 pm

Damnit, we've been upgraded. Areas just North of the Ohio River (that's me!) could receive 6-10" and a foot isn't out of the question. Supposed to begin around 4 this afternoon. Yikes! Making grocery list now - cigs, wine, cigs, chips, cigs, vodka, cigs ....

They won't see me 'til Spring!!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby THOR » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:58 pm

Mid-70's for us in Arizona!! Grew up in Iowa, but glad to be out of that weather! Decided to move here when my 4x4 Bronco couldn't get out of my own driveway.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:45 am

I guess we dodged the major bullet - we "only" got around 5" of snow and around an inch of sleet on top of it. It was great for tubing with all that slick-ass sleet on top of it! Fun stuff for the kiddies.

Drat. It won't show the picture!

Next

Return to Free for all...