Does Jake have a disease making him Blind?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Does Jake have a disease making him Blind?

Postby Alkeys » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:23 pm

Ok- this is the first I ever heard of this.

If you look up Jake E. Lee on Wikipedia, it states:

"Jake has suffered some disabling illnesses, and is now considered legally blind. He has not let that prevent him from playing or recording."

Do you guys know anything about that? First time I heard anything about that- is it true? If it is true, damn that sucks.

All Access Member

Re: Does Jake have a disease making him Blind?

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:39 pm

People say that... its just a rumour if so he should do all the things he can before he loses his vision... he probably will jeff told me jake is the type of person that wakes up in the morning and syas "what am i going to do tody"

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby BadSeed » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:00 pm

My mom swore i would be blind by 16, didnt happen, no matter how hard i tried :)

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:05 pm

there was also a rumour about Jake having AIDS which of course was TOTALLY UNTRUE.

conclusion.
don't believe everything you read ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:11 pm

He didnt mention anything about it in the Retraced interviews so hopefully it isnt true. But one thing we have to remember is that Jake is almost 50 years old and he is also human. One of the saddest things about life is that nothing lasts forever :cry:

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:12 pm

I sincerely hope there's no vision problems with Jake E. Lee's sight: there's always rumours about his Health and I'm not one to fall into such traps. Jake E. Lee has often times been "targeted" at/I guess through misleading rumor theads on other 'Sites concerning his Music Career, Health etc.,. and it leads to misinformation & at times being down right cruel toward him/Jake E. Lee. These harmful rumor theads which by the way are all very "untrue/false" were bought to our attention(s) before and have been powerfully/disgreetly answered responded to along while back by the Webmaster Jefnel1 of this fine unique Professional Musician Jake E. Lee Website. So once again, don't fall into rumours for many times there quite harmful & misleading.

PS - We "all" get older that's Life and we "all" continue to grow, learn & have "many" things to share/offer give to Society no matter the age with the gifts God Blessed (whom is the Oldest/the Alpha & Omega of us all!) each of us with. Peace and many respects!

All Access Member

Postby jb42371 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:30 pm

i wouldn't say he looks ill at all, i found these online, they are dated september 10, 2005, thats all i know...........

http://www.hamburgermaryslv.com/images/ ... ges/13.htm

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Bengal65 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:43 pm

That guy sure doesn't look like Jake at all :roll: I don't think it's the Jake we know.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:23 pm

jb42371 wrote:i wouldn't say he looks ill at all, i found these online, they are dated september 10, 2005, thats all i know...........

http://www.hamburgermaryslv.com/images/ ... ges/13.htm
Not calling you a liar or anything dude but that doesnt look like Jake.e.lee at all. I seriously doubt that Jake would play with some low rate Ozzy tribute band. But thanx for the pics and once again im not calling you a liar but that is not Jake.

All Access Member

Postby jb42371 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:11 pm

well i thought it was him, maybe it's not.

All Access Member

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:54 pm

plus his hair would be greyish. and the next thing is since when does he have a yellow strat :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:15 am

Well, dont blame the guy, it does say .... Nurse Ratchet - Special Guest: Jake E. Lee / 13
September 10, 2005 :)

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:25 am

Lets not forget about another one where they all said he was a Meth head that and the aids rumor really was low it just goes to show how low people will stoop to get a F#$KIN story . its really sad .
The artist formally known as Brawler

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby BadSeed » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:31 am

hard driver-

How can you say your not calling him a liar, and in the same sentence say its not him? Pick a side bro, tha fence is gettng heavy,lol.

Could be him, might not be, who knows.If he was a special guest, he probably borrowed the guitar from the band he was jamming with.

Jake has endorsments on the way, some very cool news regarding guitars and some other things in the works from what i've heard.You dont get endorsements for sitting at home doing nothing.Could it be that he was getting his feet wet in a stress free enviornment? Cover band, no one announces him performing that night, ect..... Makes sense to me.

I cant tell, could just be a guy that looks like him wearing a "speak of the devil " era jake stage clothes.

Jake, clear the air

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:36 am

RandyRhoadsRules! wrote:and the next thing is since when does he have a yellow strat :lol:

in the old forum/webpage I saw a yellow strat with black pickguard,
equipped with 2 P90's.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...