Jorn Lande's - The Duke

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Jorn Lande's - The Duke

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:56 pm

OK rock fans, sample one of the best current vocalist this side of Russell Allan and Ray Alder. :D

Below is a link to sample clips from his upcoming solo disc! \nn/

http://www.melodicrock.com/minibytes.html

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Jorn Lande's - The Duke

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:31 am

Surely, I'm not the only one that likes this am I?

Ultimate Sinner
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: TN

Re: Jorn Lande's - The Duke

Postby Olaf » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:30 pm

A friend of mine once said that Jorn could sing the Ingredients off of a cake box and make it sound good. :0)
Last edited by Olaf on Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Jorn Lande's - The Duke

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:33 pm

Olaf wrote:I friend of mine once said that Jorn could sing the Ingredients off of a cake box and make it sound good. :0)


Your friend sounds like a very wise young man! :wink:

Ultimate Sinner
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: TN

Re: Jorn Lande's - The Duke

Postby Olaf » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:52 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Olaf wrote:I friend of mine once said that Jorn could sing the Ingredients off of a cake box and make it sound good. :0)


Your friend sounds like a very wise young man! :wink:


Indeed he is. Although it should not go without noting that he has a very knowledgeable mentor to assist him in his musical growth. :wink:

All Access Member
Posts: 494
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: UK

Re: Jorn Lande's - The Duke

Postby Charvelised » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:19 am

Jorn is a Phenomenal singer! sometimes the songs aren't too good, but one can't deny Jorn is one of the Best new singers around..Keith st John Being another!

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Jorn Lande's - The Duke

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:00 pm

Charvelised wrote:Jorn is a Phenomenal singer! sometimes the songs aren't too good, but one can't deny Jorn is one of the Best new singers around..Keith st John Being another!


Hmmm...you've thrown a name at me that I'm not familiar with. I'll check the guy out...

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Jorn Lande's - The Duke

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:44 pm

Charvelised wrote:Jorn is a Phenomenal singer! sometimes the songs aren't too good, but one can't deny Jorn is one of the Best new singers around..Keith st John Being another!


Charvelised, I've not been able to find anything on this guy. What band does he sing for?

All Access Member
Posts: 494
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: UK

Re: Jorn Lande's - The Duke

Postby Charvelised » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:20 am

Keith Sings for Burning Rain, he has Also Sung for Marc Ferrari solo stuff, The recent Ronnie Montrose stuff, and currently working on a solo record, along with the new Heaven & Earth CD!
I saw him in 2001with Doug Aldrich in the UK he was Amazing Looking and acting like Jim Morrison and sounding Like Coverdale/Plant/Ray Gillen Rolled into one big Bang!

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Jorn Lande's - The Duke

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:22 am

Charvelised wrote:Keith Sings for Burning Rain, he has Also Sung for Marc Ferrari solo stuff, The recent Ronnie Montrose stuff, and currently working on a solo record, along with the new Heaven & Earth CD!
I saw him in 2001with Doug Aldrich in the UK he was Amazing Looking and acting like Jim Morrison and sounding Like Coverdale/Plant/Ray Gillen Rolled into one big Bang!


OK, I'm a little slow on the intake. I've heard of Burning Rain, but I've never listened to any of their stuff. Do you recommend a starting point?

All Access Member
Posts: 494
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: UK

Re: Jorn Lande's - The Duke

Postby Charvelised » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:26 am

Burning Rain have released Two Cds Self titled "Burning Rain" and "Pleasure to Burn"! Both Are great! ...the marc ferrari stuff..well if you like keel you might like it..but i didn't! although John West sings on a few tracks too!

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Jorn Lande's - The Duke

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:39 am

Charvelised, I bet you'd like a band called, At Vance. The lead guitarist is really good, but the band has always had excellent vocalist! Oliver Hartmann was their first vocalist, and he's recently released a solo project.
Last edited by PoetsandMadmen on Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ultimate Sinner
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: TN

Re: Jorn Lande's - The Duke

Postby Olaf » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:50 am

although John West sings on a few tracks too!


John West is the man! \m/

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Jorn Lande's - The Duke

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:56 am

Olaf wrote:
although John West sings on a few tracks too!


John West is the man! \m/


Which one do you like best, Olaf Hayer or John West? :o Pretty tough question isn't it? :lol:

Ultimate Sinner
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: TN

Re: Jorn Lande's - The Duke

Postby Olaf » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:17 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Olaf wrote:
although John West sings on a few tracks too!


John West is the man! \m/


Which one do you like best, Olaf Hayer or John West? :o Pretty tough question isn't it? :lol:


That is hard. Lets just say that if I had a band that was doing melodic songs I would want John. But if I had a power metal band, I would have to go with my boy Olaf.

Next

Return to Free for all...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests