New AC/DC Album Name

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: New AC/DC Album Name

Postby mrmetal » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:31 pm

I always liked Flick of the Switch and For Those About to Rock, We Salute You....

ACDC can do no wrong in my opinion either. Those guys come out with nothing but guitars and blue jeans on and still tear it up.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:29 am

Yeah, totally. Dude, For Those . . . had me fingernail clipping pimples off of my finger tips, and the first time I spun Flick . . . , my head blew up. I have to say that the If You Want Blood, You've Got It title always struck me as a maniacally perverted and sensationally inspirational line. I can say that now, right?! :lol: 8) Right.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:40 am

The antiMusic website has received the following AC/DC update from someone who claims to be an insider at Sony Music.

The website says it's not 100 per cent sure of the veracity of the following news, but here goes anyway:

AC/DC have announced the complete tracklisting for their long-awaited new album, Dirty Rhythm (so it's not called Black Ice, then?):

1. Serious Nuclear Screamer 2. Run Away From Black Ice 3. The Ripper 4. 9 Days In Spider's Trap 5. Rock 'N' Roll Defenders 6. Love Madness 7. Long Way To Go 8. RAW 9. Heat It Up 10. Crawlin' 11. Tornado Suicide 12. Caught In A Riff 13. The Legacy

Dirty Rhythm is set to be released October 27/28 of this year and will be sold exclusively through Wal-Mart Stores in the US. The first single Run Away From Black Ice will be released next month, on August 24.

AC/DC's world tour will kick off in New York City on January 1, 2009.

Time will tell if the above is true or not. Or as the late Bon Scott would probably have said: "Suck it and see."
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:37 pm

According to XM's Boneyard host Eddie Trunk (who has a long-running radio show, "Friday Night Rocks", on New York's Q104.3 FM), Australian hard rockers AC/DC will travel to London, England in early August to shoot a video for the first single off their new album, "Black Ice". The track, which is believed to be titled either "Runaway Train" or "Rock & Roll Train", is expected to impact radio in late August, with the full album to follow in late October. Details for a world tour starting in late 2008 should be announced in the coming weeks.
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:29 am

AC/DC’s long-awaited new album, Black Ice, will be followed by an 18-month world tour. The Brendan O'Brien-produced disc is expected to be released in late October. According to the gossip website Popbitch, an AC/DC musical may be in the pipeline. With a working title of It's a Long Way To The Top, its plot is jointly based upon the band's history and Rock Star, the Mark Wahlberg film.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:10 am

Lets Just hope its better then The last one!!!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:47 am

stratattack wrote:Lets Just hope its better then The last one!!!!!
What do you mean? Stiff Upper Lip was Great!

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:49 am

according to The Pulse of Radio, AC/DC will kick off its first world tour in seven years on Halloween (October 31) in Chicago, a source close to the band has told HardDrive Radio. The tour, which is expected to last 18 months, will come in support of the group's new album, "Black Ice", which is due out on October 28. A single titled "Rock & Roll Train" will arrive at radio stations around August 28.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:43 pm

I like the titled "Black Ice" more for it sounds unmoveable & solid: the legendary music Icons AC/DC have some pretty heavy roots...'so this name for their new album sounds perfect to me. I like the "Runaway Train" too something like the old West dealing with escaping & being wild and free so both name album titles suits them. Peace!

Ahhhh, that's "Rock N Roll Train" not Runaway Train...'now it sounds like a monster of a party album with a title like that. Anyway, give the new AC/DC album a nice solid ground name.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:21 am

CharvelSuperStrat wrote:
stratattack wrote:Lets Just hope its better then The last one!!!!!
What do you mean? Stiff Upper Lip was Great!

It Kinda Fell Flat for me..
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:37 pm

CharvelSuperStrat wrote:quote]What do you mean? Stiff Upper Lip was Great!

Yes, it was recorded by one of the great rock 'n' rhythm bands of all-time, if not the definitive rock 'n' rhythm band. But Stiff Upper Lip, to my mind, was thort ahf ffshlupihhd mame! :P :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:31 am

Columbia Records announces the worldwide release of Black Ice, the long-awaited new studio album from AC/DC, on Monday, October 20.

Black Ice, the first full-length studio album of all-new material from AC/DC since the release of Stiff Upper Lip in 2000, is the band's debut recording for Columbia Records.

Produced by Brendan O'Brien at the Warehouse Studio in Vancouver, BC, Black Ice premieres 15 new AC/DC compositions and performances including the album's first single, Rock 'N' Roll Train, slated to impact radio around the world on August 28 with a video debuting in September.

In further AC/DC news, No Bull: The Director's Cut, a newly edited expanded DVD edition of AC/DC's historic performance at Madrid's Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas on July 10, 1996, will be released worldwide on September 8, 2008.

No Bull: The Director's Cut has been remixed in Dolby Digital Stereo and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound and includes the original concert showcasing more than two hours of music as well as bonus features.

AC/DC will embark on a major world tour, the group's first since 2001, beginning late October.Image

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby paul » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:56 am

i can't wait!

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:23 am

there are lots of people on youtube who know the riff to the single already!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:21 am

SSSCCCCCCHHHHHWWWWIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG !!!

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...