Tesla Live DVD

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Tesla Live DVD

Postby harddriver » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:49 pm

Good stuff from one of the best live bands around and Hannon and Dave Rude are rock solid on this one. As always Troy Lucketta and Brian Wheat deliver a solid and perfect rythm section. Jeff Keth has lost a little bit of his range but after over 20 years of screamin his ass off he still sounds pretty damn good to me. This DVD is worth the price ( $ 11.88 at Walmart :D ) and its a rocker from start to finish with interviews and backstage stuff that is pretty damn cool if your a Tesla fan. Im not good with reviews but i will say this JUST GO BY THE DAMN THING AND CRANK IT UP !!!!!!!!!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Tesla Live DVD

Postby JR97 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:35 pm

What happened to Skeoch? Anywho... you sold me. buying it.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:16 am

Tommy Had some issues with drugs and alcohol that ultimately led to his dismisal. This Dave Rude guy they have now is pretty damn good though and they still sound like Tesla even without Tommy.I like Tommy and hopefully someday those guys can reconcile but things have gotten pretty nasty between him and the rest of the band so i doubt he returns any time soon.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:36 am

Evidently, the guys do still have it going on. Here's one dudes take on their Rocklahoma performance:

"Next up was Tesla, and I will flat out tell you that they delivered the very best performance of the entire week. These guys are consumate showmen, and they delivered a set that can be described as nothing short of perfect. Again, I can name plenty of bands whose music I would choose to listen to before I throw a Tesla disk in the player, but this show was just so well put together that I have to salute them.

Their set list was assembled exactly the way every band with the catalog they have should do it. Hit after hit after hit was what the crowd wanted, and hit after hit after hit was what Tesla gave them. I can't say enough about how good this was, so let's just say that if Rocklahoma were giving scores of 1-10 to the acts, Tesla would score an 11."

There are a lot of youtube vids of their Rocklahoma gig. Here's a taste: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbqMpkuRcYQ

Killer of Giants

Postby Moose6 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:58 am

The news gets better! New studio album in October!!! Brian says so right here around the 3 minute 40 second mark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mLA9NE41fI

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:54 pm

COOL - I love Tesla, and they always deliver a kickASS live show. It's too bad about Tommy, but I believe he has struggled with this issue for a long while. I got one of his picks the last time I saw them 8)

All Access Member

Postby SHREDDER1 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:08 am

Hi,
As far as a performance, it`s ok.I`ve seen live performances of them the last three year`s that would blow that away,here in Southern California.

It take`s about 15 second`s to load onto your dvd player.The audio is not
the best either.The mix is ok but ,you have to turn up your volume.

Frank Hannon is a really cool< down to earth guy. I jammed with him
in 97 when his band Moon Dog mane was in Southern calfornia.They
were all travelling in a stretch van with there gear.He was hurting for money and offered to sell me any of his current gear. Which included
4 Les Paul Standard`s and his Doubleneck.We talked after the show for
about an hour.The guy is a really talented guitar player.I do admire his
body of work.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:45 am

More news from the guys:

GOLD COMING UP FOR TESLA FANS:
BW&BK's Mitch Lafon received a phone call from Tesla drummer Troy Lucketta - passing on news that the band has finished recording their new album and will start mixing tomorrow with an October release date in mind. He also confirmed that the song Dear Pvt. Ledbetter (premiered on the new live DVD) will be on the new CD, but it is completely different -- on CD "it's slower and moodier" - They've also altered the song's bridge.
Mitch says Troy also mentioned that the band's career retrospective box set is nearing completion -- 40 Unreleased songs have been mixed and mastered and are ready to go.... and that fans should expect to see it released "in the first quarter of 2009".
40 unreleased songs!!! Killer news for fans of this monster band.

In further Tesla news, the new DVD out 'Cumin' Atcha Live 2008' is out now and a new compilation is due out from the band's original record label August 26. The 2CD set Gold will feature the following songs:
CD1: Cumin' Atcha Live, Ez Come Ez Go, Modern Day Cowboy, Gettin' Better, Rock Me To The Top, Little Suzi, Hang Tough, Heaven's Trail (No Way Out), Lazy Days, Crazy Nights, The Way It Is, Love Song, Love In Vain+, I Ain't Superstitious++, Rock The Nation++, Signs Live, Paradise Live, Children's Heritage++, Cotton Fields ++.
CD2: Edison's Medicine, Call It What You Want, Song & Emotion, What You Give, Mama's Fool, Try So Hard, A Lot To Lose, The Ocean, Last Action Hero, Steppin' Over, Into The Now, Heaven Nine Eleven, Caught In A Dream, Thank You.
+ previously unreleased / ++ non-lp single b-side
WebLinks: www.teslatheband.com/home.aspx / www.myspace.com/teslatheband.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:33 pm

TESLA are a great band/I saw them perform live at the Cal Expo State Fair twice and they really put on a amazing Concert show. I wouldn't mind getting that live new DVD set on them and no doubt they most certainly capture your attention whereever...(I bet they were awesome at ROCKLAHOMA Music Fest/2008) they go to perform. They an all natural kick mega buns heavy & raw Hard Rock/Western band with alot of deep Soul searching in their music/look forward to their new album, too. 8)

Return to Free for all...