The State of Maryland

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

The State of Maryland

Postby BlackHeaven » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:04 am

Finally figured out a way to keep from moving back to the state I grew up in:

Cameras to enforce the speed limit.

Seriously, WTF??!! They put camera's to enforce the 25mph speed limit on Darnestown Rd (Rte 28) in Poolesville on the way to the ferry and on Travilah Rd in MoCo. Worst case scenario, I speed, I lose control of my car, I hit a cow. Big deal. And it's not as if MoCo needs anymore money, seeing as it's one of the richest counties in the country.

They have cameras on the roads into DC as well, but I understand that. Those roads are heavlily trafficed with lots of pedestrians and are usually so jammed up you couldn't speed if you wanted to.

But cameras in the boonies? GTFOH.

/rant

All Access Member

Re: The State of Maryland

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:11 am

heh
Rt 28 was my back up alternative route, but no longer. It's so congested anymore, that's probably why they put up the traffic cameras. It must be like shooting fish in a barrel :?

It's not the boonies from about 6 to 6 daily. Welcome back to MD! (I work in MoCo, in Clarksburg - have you been through there lately?!)

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:15 pm

BlackHeaven wrote:Finally figured out a way to keep from moving back to the state I grew up in:

Cameras to enforce the speed limit.

Seriously, WTF??!! They put camera's to enforce the 25mph speed limit on Darnestown Rd (Rte 28) in Poolesville on the way to the ferry and on Travilah Rd in MoCo. Worst case scenario, I speed, I lose control of my car, I hit a cow. Big deal. And it's not as if MoCo needs anymore money, seeing as it's one of the richest counties in the country.

They have cameras on the roads into DC as well, but I understand that. Those roads are heavlily trafficed with lots of pedestrians and are usually so jammed up you couldn't speed if you wanted to. But cameras in the boonies? GTFOH.

/rant

Yeah, traffic cameras are a bitch. They ought to install grenade launchers, instead! Heh-heh-heh But, what do you think about the fine folks out there who want to see Michael Vick fry for dog fighting, mere months after pushing the big bitch fit to 1) outlaw ownership of Pitbulls in the entire country, or 2) euthenize every single Pitbull in the country???

Sheez, I won't even start about blocking the muslem, which won't wear an American flag on his lapel, that's running for President and hasn't even earned the right to a bear the title of "Senator!" Like, " One nation under Allah," huh?!! :P
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

All Access Member

Postby BlackHeaven » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:46 pm

Gutterflower wrote:heh
Rt 28 was my back up alternative route, but no longer. It's so congested anymore, that's probably why they put up the traffic cameras. It must be like shooting fish in a barrel :?

It's not the boonies from about 6 to 6 daily. Welcome back to MD! (I work in MoCo, in Clarksburg - have you been through there lately?!)

Haven't been to Clarksbug lately. I was up in MD this weekend cause it was my mom's birthday. Still have a lot of friends in MD, so I'm going to try and come up a bit more frequently. I had a lot of fun despite the cameras and the fact that Veneman's Music is now a Guitar Center...

Clara Barton Parkway's still a nice drive and it seems that the crazy growth of a few years ago has cooled off considerably.

All Access Member

Postby BlackHeaven » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:51 pm

frethead wrote:Yeah, traffic cameras are a bitch. They ought to install grenade launchers, instead! Heh-heh-heh But, what do you think about the fine folks out there who want to see Michael Vick fry for dog fighting, mere months after pushing the big bitch fit to 1) outlaw ownership of Pitbulls in the entire country, or 2) euthenize every single Pitbull in the country???

Sheez, I won't even start about blocking the muslem, which won't wear an American flag on his lapel, that's running for President and hasn't even earned the right to a bear the title of "Senator!" Like, " One nation under Allah," huh?!! :P

1)Putting anyone in jail for dog-fighting is retarded. Fine them, yes. Jail? Hell No.

2)Pitbulls aren't the problem. Stupid owners and breeders are.

3)This country is fucked regardless of who wins this election.

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:57 pm

Are these like speed cameras that sees if you speed in a 10m length of road, or an average speed over about 5 miles?

In the UK they are generate a large percentage of police revenue

All Access Member

Postby BlackHeaven » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:02 pm

_will_ wrote:Are these like speed cameras that sees if you speed in a 10m length of road, or an average speed over about 5 miles?

In the UK they are generate a large percentage of police revenue

I have absolutely no idea.

They just have a warning sign that states that your speed is being monitored by camera.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby JR97 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:21 am

They call them "traffic" cameras, but it's just one more way to put surveillance on the populace for their "protection".

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:44 am

BlackHeaven wrote:1)Putting anyone in jail for dog-fighting is retarded. Fine them, yes. Jail? Hell No.

I disagree. Throw the book at 'em. Abuse is abuse. Did you see those poor dogs they rescued from his place? Pitiful. Heartwrenching. The only thing one of the rescued would, or could, do was just walk around in circles. If anyone is mentally challenged it's the people who promote, condone and continue this type of abuse. It's sickening. Fuck an animal up so badly, mentally and physically, that it has to be euthanized and just slap them with a fine? Fuck that! The punishment should fit the crime. They should start with making the convicted wear a pinch collar while incarcerated :twisted:

Okay, stepping off the soap-box now ...

All Access Member

Postby BlackHeaven » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:55 am

Doobie wrote:
BlackHeaven wrote:1)Putting anyone in jail for dog-fighting is retarded. Fine them, yes. Jail? Hell No.

I disagree. Throw the book at 'em. Abuse is abuse. Did you see those poor dogs they rescued from his place? Pitiful. Heartwrenching. The only thing one of the rescued would, or could, do was just walk around in circles. If anyone is mentally challenged it's the people who promote, condone and continue this type of abuse. It's sickening. Fuck an animal up so badly, mentally and physically, that it has to be euthanized and just slap them with a fine? Fuck that! The punishment should fit the crime. They should start with making the convicted wear a pinch collar while incarcerated :twisted:

Okay, stepping off the soap-box now ...

Well maybe more than a fine...

But to me, if a guy can beat the living snot out of another guy, put him in the hospital and just get a few months for assault and battery and then they put Vick in prison for 23 months is just insane. Hey, I love animals too, but they're just dogs and I just can't equate a human life with that of a canine.

But yeah, dog-fighting is messed up and probably a simple fine isn't sufficient, I just don't know what the appropriate punishement should be, but it sure as hell shouldn't involve years in prison.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:38 pm

As a pet lover and having grown up with dogs as my closest friends, I must say that the debacle known as "the Michael Vick case" was the heighth of hypocrisy, additionally, there are four freaking tropical storms headed for Florida!!!
By the way, Blackheaven, "this country is fooked" is a comment I would certainly not wish to be associated with.
Last edited by frethead on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:36 pm

Frethead, are you in Florida??

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:47 pm

Doobie wrote:Frethead, are you in Florida??

Yeah, Doobie! I'm in Florida, and "I'll never get this sand out of my shoes." Plus, I used to be a massage therapist!! Coool.
If you look at a map and find Jacksonville on the east coast, keep looking south 'till you find St. Augustine ( the oldest city in the U.S.). Make note of that, and then look farther south to Daytona Beach ( Maybe Flagler Beach, depending on the map you're looking at) , and make a note of that, If you find Flagler Beach, Palm Coast is butt-up against it going in land. Otherwise, Palm Coast is north of Daytona Beach by about thirty miles and south of St. Augustine Beach ( on the south side of St. Augustine) by about forty miles. In a nutshell, I'm sitting 350 miles from Miami in upper central Florida, on the East coast.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:11 am

Visited Flagler Beach, St. Augustine and Daytona six years ago. So, you may end up getting it several times, heh? Hang on, Frethead!!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:30 am

HEEEEEY, you were right down here in my slice of pardise?! Flagler beach is the coolest little town, isn't it?! The pier is great for fishing!!! I ( more or less) grew up in Ormond Beach (between Daytona Beach and Flagler Beach) on the Halifax River.
I'll let you in on a good one, Doobie. I'm one of the few people you'll meet in Florida that was actually BORN in Florida (Halifax Hospital, Daytona Beach, 11/14/68)
Like, "Ah you froh New Joysie?! Aahm froh New Joysie! New Yawk? We love dose guys!!!" :lol: Damn yankees.
Do you remember the gigantic watertower south of the square in Flagler Beach, that can be seen for miles?! My grandfather built those huge condo buildings, next to it, in the seventies. He fought with the state for over ten years over that damn thing. He owned all of the land along A1A, from the Volusia/Flagler counties line up to a little triangle shaped piece of land that the state wanted - merely to erect a sign that signals the entrance to a state park - that he eventually sold to them along with the land where the tower is.
Tropical update: The weather dude this morning said that Hanna is going to "breeze by," although, we might see three fourths of an inch of rain along the coast! Good deal. :D

Return to Free for all...