New AC/DC Album Name

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: New AC/DC Album Name

Postby frethead » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:34 pm

O, shit. HELL YEAH!!!
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:31 pm

Yeah, I can't wait for this new album "Black Ice" from AC/DC to be release: their an spectacular band, totally Classic Hard Rock/Icon Rockers. Definately paved the way for many musicians/bands out there! Their an major influence that's for sure. WAR MARCHINE, mega kicks...'great song & vibe from AC/DC "all" their songs have a master heartbelt & unique groove of their own. Checked out their tour schedule, it's pretty hefty and we know it's gonna be an treasure piece experience for all: their AC/DC Concerts are WOW, my "No Bull" Classic video proves (now in DVD new format, that's awesome news!) that and they continue on! 8O :twisted: 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:21 am

"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:21 am

They aren't knocking down walls, and kicking ass much, anymore, but, I thank God for AC/DC!

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:01 pm

The Whole of Black Ice has been leaked and can be downloaded from torrent sites and all songs can be heard on youtube. im not gonna download it ill wait till oct 20th but i couldnt help listening to a few more tracks.

there really great! to anyone who wants to hear search youtube. i suggest Stormy May Day its got some great Slide Guitar which is unusual for AC/DC.
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:50 am

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:13 pm

Black ice is out!

i got mine at 7am oct 20th :D!!

anyone got it? what do you think?

All Access Member

Postby gtraddict » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:22 pm

CharvelSuperStrat wrote:anyone got it? what do you think?

There are three things one can count on in life:

Death, Taxes and AC/DC :lol:

The guitar tone on Black Ice is to die for - you can HEAR the wood in the guitars.
Dirty, yet clean.
This is some good shit!

"My Humble Collection"
Last edited by gtraddict on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:09 pm

gtraddict wrote:
CharvelSuperStrat wrote:anyone got it? what do you think?

There are three things one can count on in life:

Death, Taxes and AC/DC :lol:

The guitar tone on Black Ice is to die for - you can HEAR the wood in the guitars.
Dirty, yet clean.
This is some good shit!

its a great album! i much prefer it to Stiff Upper Lip. Stormy May Day, Skies on Fire, Big Jack, Smash n' Grab and She Likes Rock n Roll are my favorites.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:44 am

Don't you think Skies on Fire is driving pretty hard at Guns for Hire?

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:38 am

frethead wrote:Don't you think Skies on Fire is driving pretty hard at Guns for Hire?

not really. lots of people say "she likes rock n roll" sounds like "all screwed up" from stiff upper lip but i think the album sounds really fresh for AC/DC. ive listened to the whole album like 4 times now! i love it!

its supposed to go to number 1 in quite a few country's i hear!! wooooo for AC/DC!!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:13 am

CharvelSuperStrat wrote:
frethead wrote:ive listened to the whole album like 4 times now! i love it!

That's what it would take, wouldn't it? Not to say that I won't, but, I haven't gotten the album. I was certainly not bashing AC/DC for their effort, you know. I was simply trying to spark -up some conversation around here, in C.C. Deadville! On the contrary, I hope they enflame a renewed general interest in blues guitar based rock, which is, ofcourse, the foundation of all things Rock! Obviously, Motley Crue hasn't left much of a mark in the last couple of years. I'm completely exhausted with all this rap'n'roll, hip -hop bullshit, the cult of personality based on lowered expectations it has bred, and the fourteen year olds with their "punk rock sound" that seem to be the champions of guitar -based recorded music these days. That Kid Rock guy can choke on a day old Tater wedge and Pintos blue plate at some damn truckstop between Little Rock and the Land of No Light After Sundown, too. :evil:

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:43 am

"That Kid Rock guy can choke on a day old Tater wedge and Pintos blue plate at some damn truckstop between Little Rock and the Land of No Light After Sundown, too."
Oh I agree, I hate him.
Rhyming 'things' with 'things' and being so uncreative as to inlcude the title of the tune he ripped off in his lyrics.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby JR97 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:03 pm

AC/DC in ms excel. pretty cool.

http://www.acdcrocks.com/excel/

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:13 pm

"Black Ice", AC/DC's first studio album in almost eight years, has entered the UK album chart at No. 1.

According to Hits Daily Double, the companion web site of music industry tip sheet HITS, "Black Ice" — which arrived in the U.S. on Monday (October 20) exclusively at Wal-Mart stores, Walmart.com and ACDC.com — is reportedly blowing the doors off of the retail giant.

Sales for "Black Ice" are outpacing the Eagles' first week, which was also a Wal-Mart exclusive. Estimates for first week are currently ranging upward of 800,000, which would make it the biggest Sony BMG release in the past two years.

"Black Ice" is also scoring huge sales figures around the world, with an initial shipment of more than 2.1 milllion. The biggest territories are Germany (550,000), Canada (344,000), the UK (227,000), France (209,000) and the band's native Australia (202,000). What’s more, the European and North American legs of the "Black Ice World Tour" reportedly sold out in a matter of minutes, while worldwide catalog sales on the year are a split hair short of 5 million units.

Wal-Mart has reportedly purchased 2.5 million copies of "Black Ice" on a no-return basis.

The band's last effort, 2000's "Stiff Upper Lip", sold 131,000 copies in its first week of release and has shifted more than 900,000 units to date.

AC/DC have sold 26.4 million albums since 1991, when SoundScan first began tracking record sales.

A four-minute video clip featuring behind-the-scenes footage from the making of the new AC/DC video, "Rock 'N Roll Train", can be viewed here. The clip was shot on August 15 in London, England.

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...