Guitar Collections

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Guitar Collections

Postby gtraddict » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:41 pm

Lets see some cool collections.
I'll start with my current lineup:

1982 Charvel "San Dimas" EVH

1984 Charvel "San Dimas" Lynch Bengal

2004 J.Frog "Skull & Bones"

1998 Gibson Les Paul Custom

1974 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe

"The Mutt" (1979 - 1980)

1984 Fender USA Stratocaster

Wayne "Ratt Swords" Rock Legend

Wayne "VH-I" Rock Legend

Wayne "VH-1984" Rock Legend

Wayne "VH-II" Rock Legend

Wayne "Blackie" Rock Legend

1997 Gibson Les Paul Custom

1999 Fender USA Stratocaster

2008 Charvel So-Cal

For more details on each guitar, click the link in my signature.

Killer of Giants

Re: Guitar Collections

Postby frethead » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:12 am

Cool, man! All nice and shined up! Nice pictures, too! Whoah! I was kind -of hoping to see a custom Explorer cut -up VH job, after seeing your VH custom jobs. Granted the idea of chopping a guitar with such a richly un -biased character ( and tons of it), would have to be considered stupid and not to mention sacreligious, but it's so cool to look at, even after having a "cheese head" sliced out of it! Have to say the '74 Deluxe is my fave, except for the gigantic WHAM thing on there. You don't see color like that anymore! Wait, that's not a WHAM thing . . . is that a WHAM thing . . . nah, that looks like more of a Schaller Badass kind -of thing. (?)
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:22 am

I sadly don't have much of a collection.

But that is a Kahler trem on the Gibson deluxe. I have an 81 Gibson XR1 with one on.

Why are all your trem bars pinned back?

Ultimate Sinner

Postby AZFF » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:47 pm

_will_ wrote:Why are all your trem bars pinned back?

Look's like the picture's are turned sideways. Look's like the guitar's are placed on the concrete propped up against the outside of a house.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:11 pm

I have one guitar that I play, and one amp.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:47 pm

_will_ wrote:
But that is a Kahler trem on the Gibson deluxe. I have an 81 Gibson XR1 with one on.

Thanks, Will, I thought that was a "failer," but was working digently to avoid naming it. I've never owned one, thus, that's not actually my nickname for it; but, it's fun to say! I had a slight doubt since the Floyd Rose locking nut is on there, too. Veddy intuvrestink! I have three Gibsons ( coincidentally enough, one of them is a '74 Custom cherry burst { I guess that's what it would be called officially, my doubt lies in that the red is very dark - closer to blood red, approaching maroon}) and a Guild electric acoustic. Damn, I wish I hadn't dropped that damn camera!

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:51 pm

frethead wrote:I had a slight doubt since the Floyd Rose locking nut is on there, too.

Its a Kahler locking nut (locks behind the traditional nut) :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby SDBinNY » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:44 am

[img][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/stevieb91/DK2M006.jpg[/img][/img]

Here you go Addict..

1988 Charvel Model 2, 2008 Jackson DK2M Bengal, 2001 Jackson KS2, 1984 Rhoads Custom, 2005 Jackson KV2, 2003 Jackson DK2, and 1988 Charvel Model 2. Not pictured: 2002 Warlock, unknown Squier Strat..
Ace Frehley sucked during his good years, and I can make a beer and BBQ fart in the bathroom sound better than the great percentage of his guitar work! ~ Frethead 6/5/08

All Access Member

Postby gtraddict » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:07 am

Thats a nice group you have there.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:35 am

_will_ wrote:
frethead wrote:I had a slight doubt since the Floyd Rose locking nut is on there, too.

Right. Thanks! I don't know a whole lot about those things.

Really nice picture, SD! The Bengal looks fabulous! What is your favorite characteristic of a Jackson?

Killer of Giants

Postby SDBinNY » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:48 pm

Thank you,sir. I would have to say my personal favorite Jackson trait is the extreme comfort of their necks. No matter where you are on it, the design of it actually makes fatigue extremely rare. I have played them for over 8 hours at a time, and have never suffered any issue. The only one of them I have any difficulty with is the KV2 due to the fact that it is the ONLY guitar I have ever played with medium frets.

frethead wrote:
_will_ wrote:

Right. Thanks! I don't know a whole lot about those things.

Really nice picture, SD! The Bengal looks fabulous! What is your favorite characteristic of a Jackson?
Ace Frehley sucked during his good years, and I can make a beer and BBQ fart in the bathroom sound better than the great percentage of his guitar work! ~ Frethead 6/5/08

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:54 pm

Gotta tell you. I keep comin' back here to look at that Jackson Bengal with the stir of consanants in it's name. I can't stop looking at it!!! The colors slay me! Ofcourse, the Jackson/ Rhoads is absolutely other -worldly! I must say how exhilarating it is for me to know that I can come here and see all of these beautiful instruments when I become tired of whatever else. What can I say?! I love looking at guitars. Usually they're in the shape of a Les Paul, or a geometric figure, but, hey!
Excellent post!

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:43 pm

frethead wrote:Really nice picture, SD! The Bengal looks fabulous! What is your favorite characteristic of a Jackson?

+1 the bengal with the maple and black sharkfins is homer simpson drool material.....my wife saw the look on my face and said oh god your not gonna buy another guitar are you :D

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:01 am

sytharnia wrote:
frethead wrote:Really nice picture, SD! The Bengal looks fabulous! What is your favorite characteristic of a Jackson?

+1 the bengal with the maple and black sharkfins is homer simpson drool material.....my wife saw the look on my face and said oh god your not gonna buy another guitar are you :D

:lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol: LMAO :lol:

You said it, Syth! Boy, looking at that thing just kinda gets you - there, doesn't it?!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:30 am

Hey, I was talking with a friend yesterday, and he had a guitar pass through his store ( Guitar Attic) a while back that was a meticulously detailed replica of Randy Rhoads' "pokey dots and bowties" vee with the "thin and wide" early 80s Jackson neck shape, toggle switch in the upper bout with an upside down switchplate, precisely placed dots, bowtie inlay, the double -vee frethead, and even the slight difference of color between the neck and the frethead, where, as some of you may recall, the story goes about it being broken off around three weeks after he got the guitar, glued back on, and repainted. Anyway, my buddy, Randy Pepper told me that he couldn't find out anything about it, because there was no "makers mark," decal, numbers, or anything. A further conspicuously exact detail of the original one -off. So, he asked around and somebody told him that they thought it looked like a "Jackal." Anybody ever heard of Jackal guitars out towards California, I guess? Certainly, the safe assumption would be that the original is in his mother's possession. Right?! There's a picture of it hanging on the wall somewhere at the Guitar Attic website.

Next

Return to Free for all...