Who will win?

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

who do you think will win the USA 2008 election?

Republicans
8
42%
Democrats
11
58%
 
Total votes : 19
All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Who will win?

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:08 pm

frethead wrote:Did you know that this year marks the first in fifty, that neither a Bush or a Kerry is in federal office? Why not hate the President, when the next one has promised free health care, free housing, food stamps and jobs for everyone? Pretty soon, it appears that if Ohalfablackman gets his way, everyone with the exception of him and his family will be relegated to living off of each other, after he sells off the military and hands the planet, at a Presidential supper, to the Muslims. At that point, you'll be able to thank him for taking that pesky "American Dream" off of your hands. Redistribution of wealth? Give me a frickin' bareak! Anyway, I found this in my E-mailbox today, and even if you don't find this to be constructive in our little debate, it certainly is thought provoking.


David Letterman on President Bush (Surprising)



' As most of you know I am not a President
Bush fan, nor have I ever been, but this is not
about Bush, it is about us, as Americans, and it
seems to hit the mark.
'The other day I was reading Newsweek
magazine and came across some Poll data I found
rather hard to believe. It must be true given
the source, right?
The Newsweek poll alleges that 67
percent of Americans are unhappy with the
direction the country is headed and 69 percent of
the country is unhappy with the performance of
the President. In essence 2/3 of the citizenry
just ain't happy and want a change. So being the
knuckle dragger I am, I started thinking, 'What
are we so unhappy about?''

A.. Is it that we have electricity and
running water 24 hours a day, 7 Days a week?


B.. Is our unhappiness the result of
having air conditioning in the summer and heating
in the winter?


C.. Could it be that 94.0 percent of
these unhappy folks have a job?


D.. Maybe it is the ability to walk
into a grocery store at any time and see more
food in moments than Darfur has seen in the last
year?


E.. Maybe it is the ability to drive our
cars and trucks from the Pacific Ocean to the
Atlantic Ocean without having to present
identification papers as we move through each
state?


F.. Or possibly the hundreds of clean
and safe motels we would find along the way that
can provide temporary shelter?


G.. I guess having thousands of
restaurants with varying cuisine from around the
world is just not good enough either.


H. Or could it be that when we wreck
our car, emergency workers show up and provide
services to help all and even send a helicopter
to take you to the hospital.


I.. Perhaps you are one of the 70
percent of Americans who own a home.

J.. You may be upset with knowing that
in the unfortunate case of a fire, a group of
trained firefighters will appear in moments and
use top notch equipment to extinguish the flames,
thus saving you, your family, and your
belongings.

K.. Or if, while at home watching one
of your many flat screen TVs, a burglar or
prowler intrudes, an officer equipped with a gun
and a bullet-proof vest will come to defend you
and your family against attack or loss.

L.. This all in the backdrop of a
neighborhood free of bombs or militias raping and
pillaging the residents. Neighborhoods where
90% of teenagers own cell phones and computers.


M.. How about the complete religious,
social and political freedoms we enjoy that are
the envy of everyone in the world?


Maybe that is what has 67% of you folks unhappy.


Fact is, we are the largest group of
ungrateful, spoiled brats the world has ever
seen. No wonder the world loves the U.S. , yet
has a great disdain for its citizens. They see
us for what we are. The most blessed people in
the world who do nothing but complain about what
we don't have, and what we hate about the country
instead of thanking the good Lord we live here.


I know, I know. What about the
president who took us into war and has no plan to
get us out? The president who has a measly 31
percent approval rating? Is this the same
president who guided the nation in the dark days
after 9/11? The president that cut taxes to
bring an economy out of recession? Could this
be the same guy who has been called every name in
the book for succeeding in keeping all the
spoiled ungrateful brats safe from terrorist
attacks? The commander in chief of an
all-volunteer army that is out there defending
you and me?


Did you hear how bad the President is
on the news or talk show? Did this news affect
you so much, make you so unhappy you couldn't
take a look around for yourself and see all the
good things and be glad? Think about
it......are you upset at the President because he
actually caused you personal pain OR is it
because the 'Media' told you he was failing to
kiss your sorry ungrateful behind every day.
Make no mistake about it.


The troops in Iraq and Afghanistan have
volunteered to serve, and in many cases may have
died for your freedom. There is currently no
draft in this country. They didn't have to go.
They are able to refuse to go and end up with
either a ''general'' discharge, an 'other than
honorable'' discharge or, worst case scenario, a
''dishonorable' ' discharge after a few days in
the brig.


So why then the flat-out discontentment
in the minds of 69 percent of Americans?


Say what you want but I blame it on the
media. If it bleeds it leads and they
specialize in bad news. Everybody will watch a
car crash with blood and guts. How many will
watch kids selling lemonade at the corner? The
media knows this and media outlets are for-profit
corporations. They offer what sells, and when
criticized, try to defend their actions by
'justifying' them in one way or another.


Turn off the TV, burn Newsweek, and use the New
York Times for the bottom of your bird cage.
Then start being grateful for all we have as
country. There is exponentially more good than
bad. We are among the most blessed people on
Earth and should thank God several times a day,
or at least be thankful and appreciative.' 'With
hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud
slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up
the country from one end to another, and with the
threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, 'Are we
sure this is a good time to take God out of the
Pledge of Allegiance?'

David Letterman


Click Me

Regardless of who wrote it, it's something that we should take to heart.
Image

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Who will win?

Postby Vernon » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:33 pm

Gutterflower wrote:
frethead wrote:Did you know that this year marks the first in fifty, that neither a Bush or a Kerry is in federal office? Why not hate the President, when the next one has promised free health care, free housing, food stamps and jobs for everyone? Pretty soon, it appears that if Ohalfablackman gets his way, everyone with the exception of him and his family will be relegated to living off of each other, after he sells off the military and hands the planet, at a Presidential supper, to the Muslims. At that point, you'll be able to thank him for taking that pesky "American Dream" off of your hands. Redistribution of wealth? Give me a frickin' bareak! Anyway, I found this in my E-mailbox today, and even if you don't find this to be constructive in our little debate, it certainly is thought provoking.


David Letterman on President Bush (Surprising)



' As most of you know I am not a President
Bush fan, nor have I ever been, but this is not
about Bush, it is about us, as Americans, and it
seems to hit the mark.
'The other day I was reading Newsweek
magazine and came across some Poll data I found
rather hard to believe. It must be true given
the source, right?
The Newsweek poll alleges that 67
percent of Americans are unhappy with the
direction the country is headed and 69 percent of
the country is unhappy with the performance of
the President. In essence 2/3 of the citizenry
just ain't happy and want a change. So being the
knuckle dragger I am, I started thinking, 'What
are we so unhappy about?''

A.. Is it that we have electricity and
running water 24 hours a day, 7 Days a week?


B.. Is our unhappiness the result of
having air conditioning in the summer and heating
in the winter?


C.. Could it be that 94.0 percent of
these unhappy folks have a job?


D.. Maybe it is the ability to walk
into a grocery store at any time and see more
food in moments than Darfur has seen in the last
year?


E.. Maybe it is the ability to drive our
cars and trucks from the Pacific Ocean to the
Atlantic Ocean without having to present
identification papers as we move through each
state?


F.. Or possibly the hundreds of clean
and safe motels we would find along the way that
can provide temporary shelter?


G.. I guess having thousands of
restaurants with varying cuisine from around the
world is just not good enough either.


H. Or could it be that when we wreck
our car, emergency workers show up and provide
services to help all and even send a helicopter
to take you to the hospital.


I.. Perhaps you are one of the 70
percent of Americans who own a home.

J.. You may be upset with knowing that
in the unfortunate case of a fire, a group of
trained firefighters will appear in moments and
use top notch equipment to extinguish the flames,
thus saving you, your family, and your
belongings.

K.. Or if, while at home watching one
of your many flat screen TVs, a burglar or
prowler intrudes, an officer equipped with a gun
and a bullet-proof vest will come to defend you
and your family against attack or loss.

L.. This all in the backdrop of a
neighborhood free of bombs or militias raping and
pillaging the residents. Neighborhoods where
90% of teenagers own cell phones and computers.


M.. How about the complete religious,
social and political freedoms we enjoy that are
the envy of everyone in the world?


Maybe that is what has 67% of you folks unhappy.


Fact is, we are the largest group of
ungrateful, spoiled brats the world has ever
seen. No wonder the world loves the U.S. , yet
has a great disdain for its citizens. They see
us for what we are. The most blessed people in
the world who do nothing but complain about what
we don't have, and what we hate about the country
instead of thanking the good Lord we live here.


I know, I know. What about the
president who took us into war and has no plan to
get us out? The president who has a measly 31
percent approval rating? Is this the same
president who guided the nation in the dark days
after 9/11? The president that cut taxes to
bring an economy out of recession? Could this
be the same guy who has been called every name in
the book for succeeding in keeping all the
spoiled ungrateful brats safe from terrorist
attacks? The commander in chief of an
all-volunteer army that is out there defending
you and me?


Did you hear how bad the President is
on the news or talk show? Did this news affect
you so much, make you so unhappy you couldn't
take a look around for yourself and see all the
good things and be glad? Think about
it......are you upset at the President because he
actually caused you personal pain OR is it
because the 'Media' told you he was failing to
kiss your sorry ungrateful behind every day.
Make no mistake about it.


The troops in Iraq and Afghanistan have
volunteered to serve, and in many cases may have
died for your freedom. There is currently no
draft in this country. They didn't have to go.
They are able to refuse to go and end up with
either a ''general'' discharge, an 'other than
honorable'' discharge or, worst case scenario, a
''dishonorable' ' discharge after a few days in
the brig.


So why then the flat-out discontentment
in the minds of 69 percent of Americans?


Say what you want but I blame it on the
media. If it bleeds it leads and they
specialize in bad news. Everybody will watch a
car crash with blood and guts. How many will
watch kids selling lemonade at the corner? The
media knows this and media outlets are for-profit
corporations. They offer what sells, and when
criticized, try to defend their actions by
'justifying' them in one way or another.


Turn off the TV, burn Newsweek, and use the New
York Times for the bottom of your bird cage.
Then start being grateful for all we have as
country. There is exponentially more good than
bad. We are among the most blessed people on
Earth and should thank God several times a day,
or at least be thankful and appreciative.' 'With
hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud
slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up
the country from one end to another, and with the
threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, 'Are we
sure this is a good time to take God out of the
Pledge of Allegiance?'

David Letterman


Click Me

Regardless of who wrote it, it's something that we should take to heart.
Hey Gutterflower,
You know why I don't even consider that post is because there is obviously censorship on this board.

No one here brought up the fact that "frethead" has said......right after my post.....he said.....
"He"s not the president yet"

Meaning Obama........now that post has mysteriously disappearead in place of what we now see.

Cool whatever......I speak my mind......with "fuck" and spelling mistakes and all.
Because you know why.......internet boards are nothing more than a glorified bathroom wall.

I write off of the top of my head......as quick as I can type.
Once again....people here need to lighten up.
We're here for Jake.....not Obama or Bush.
later...

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Who will win?

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:17 pm

Vernon wrote:Hey Gutterflower,
You know why I don't even consider that post is because there is obviously censorship on this board.

No one here brought up the fact that "frethead" has said......right after my post.....he said.....
"He"s not the president yet"

Meaning Obama........now that post has mysteriously disappearead in place of what we now see.

Cool whatever......I speak my mind......with "fuck" and spelling mistakes and all.
Because you know why.......internet boards are nothing more than a glorified bathroom wall.

I write off of the top of my head......as quick as I can type.
Once again....people here need to lighten up.
We're here for Jake.....not Obama or Bush.
later...

My point up above was pretty simple: reflect and give thanks that we're living in the greatest country in the world. People tend to forget that - especially if they've never traveled outside of the U.S. It was nothing more political than that.

I didn't read that post by Frethead - or it was removed before I got the chance to see it.

You're right about message boards. I go to a Steelers forum, and omg - the political threads there were really heated. I speak my mind when I need to - but I'm not going to resort to arguing on a message board with Dems and Repubs over whose candidate was better. THere was a lot of bitterness and it got really ugly over there. Politics seems to bring out the worst in people, and I want no parts of that. That's not what I go there for anyway - so I choose not to participate in their ongoing debates. Nobody is going to change my opinion, and I'm not going to change theirs...arguing about it is futile, so why bother? I do find it interesting to read others' opinions and what never ceases to amaze me is the way some people think ... that, and the fact that IMing and texting have effectively killed grammar and spelling :roll: (I'm referring to THAT particular board, not this one - but it could apply anywhere).

I will say that any chance of my vote going to McCain went down the drain when he picked Palin as a running mate - that did it for me. She was simply unqualified, unvetted and unworthy to be so dangerously close to the Presidency. What - they couldn't find anyone better -that's all they GOT? She was a shallow choice, IMO, and thinking that she could sway any female voters was a condescending move that most thinking women saw right through. End of that little story ...

For those who are wringing their hands and predicting all kinds of dire consequences because a biracial man is now the leader of the free world - get used to it. This is the 21st century. Give the man a chance (you really have no other choice because hey, he WON quite handily). The American people have very clearly spoken as to who they want to see leading this country - hello, Landslide! If the Bush administration hadn't fucked things up so royally and if John McCain had a campaign that was run by someone with competence and knew what they were doing - things may have been different.

In the last presidential debate, Obama was straight up and said that things weren't going to be fixed in 4 years, it would take more like 10 years to repair the damage that has been wrought. HE wasn't the one who created the mess, and finger pointing on either party's side while drowning in rhetoric won't help things either. The time has come to put that shit aside and straighten things out. I hope that he's able to get this country headed in the right direction. I still have hopes of being able to retire one day!

One last thing: McCain's concession speech was delivered with a rare grace and an eloquence that was the most presidential I've ever heard him speak. It was heartfelt and moving, and I felt like that was the REAL McCain. Things would have been so different if only he had become presidential candidate in 2000. McCain is an honorable man of deep convictions who has loyally and faithfully served this country his entire life. But his own party threw him under the bus, and he missed his chance.

Obama deserves to be given a chance to prove himself - and he also deserves the respect of his new position.
Image

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Who will win?

Postby Vernon » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:08 am

Hey Gutterflower,
You say it girl!!!You said it much better than I could.

You bring up many great points in your last post.
I totally agree with you on your Sarah Palin thoughts.
She was one scary person for me too....to say the least.

I also have to agree about McCain being very graceful.....concerning Obama.McCain tried to make sure people stuck to the facts and stayed away from racist radical opinions.

I have Sirius satellite radio.
The day after the elections I was listening to Howard Stern and Bubba The Love Sponge (like I usually do).
And I'll say some calls they were taking were truly chilling.
Death threats and racism against Obama that really sent chills up my spine.

As long as I'm talking this way.....let me bring up one other fact that most people seem to ignore.....that fact is.....Now for the first time in America's history....black parents can tell their childern....."You might be president some day".

That above fact alone is awesome.I'm proud to be an American again.
It is a new day.It is the 21st century.
I'm not at all a religious person but I have said more than once...."Thank god George Bush is going away for good".
later....

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Who will win?

Postby Gutterflower » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:16 am

Vernon wrote:Hey Gutterflower,
You say it girl!!!You said it much better than I could.

You bring up many great points in your last post.
I totally agree with you on your Sarah Palin thoughts.
She was one scary person for me too....to say the least.

I also have to agree about McCain being very graceful.....concerning Obama.McCain tried to make sure people stuck to the facts and stayed away from racist radical opinions.

I have Sirius satellite radio.
The day after the elections I was listening to Howard Stern and Bubba The Love Sponge (like I usually do).
And I'll say some calls they were taking were truly chilling.
Death threats and racism against Obama that really sent chills up my spine.

As long as I'm talking this way.....let me bring up one other fact that most people seem to ignore.....that fact is.....Now for the first time in America's history....black parents can tell their childern....."You might be president some day".

That above fact alone is awesome.I'm proud to be an American again.
It is a new day.It is the 21st century.
I'm not at all a religious person but I have said more than once...."Thank god George Bush is going away for good".
later....


That's really frightening - the Stern callers. Let's pray that some disgruntled redneck doesn't get to him - racism is unfortunately still alive and well in this country. I'm not overly religious either - but I will say a prayer for Obama's safety. If something happens to him then YES, I do think the inner cities will burn and there will be major rioting. This country will be torn apart, perhaps irreparably, should something like that occur.

It makes me wonder -is it the whites' innate fear of the black man? What if an Asian Buddhist had been elected President - would there have been the same type reaction? It's not just black parents telling their children that they can aspire to the highest office in the land - but other minorities and women as well.

Gotta agree with your last statement about Dubya. I have to wonder if any attempts were made on his life, especially the last couple years of his administration. No wonder the Repubs kept him locked in a closet the last few weeks - he's the face of all that went wrong.
Image

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Europe

Re: Who will win?

Postby bubbles » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:04 am

Vernon wrote:Hey Bubbles,
You're Bubbles and I'm Conky Brother.
Good to meet you.

Conky couldn't exist without Bubbles.

Fuck anyone here who doesn't understand what we're talking about.
Conky always tells it like it is.

People need to lighten up.
You can't kill Conky.
You and I know that..

later....


I am very pleased to meet you Conkey, at last someone knows which Bubbles I am :wink: We better get Ricky and Julian and send those who don't get our point to 'Fuckety Offity Land' you just have to love Sunnyvale don't you? 8)

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Who will win?

Postby mrmetal » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:34 am

Hey, hey hey! Go easy on the redneck attacks - we are people too :lol:

Seriously though, when Bush won the last election over Kerry, the attacks from the left, disgruntled losers were vile and cruel. Jeff Scott Shapiro, an intern lawyer on Kerry's legal team, wrote an article about it last week:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122584386627599251.html

I think it is a little naive to say, "well now that Obama has won, we should all play nice and get along...." politics do not work that way.

I was also curious why Palin is considered underqualified and "scary" and Pres-Elect Obama isn't?

Was it his long 3 years as a US Senator? His grand voting record, most of which he didn't even bother casting a vote (among those were the much needed housing reform that led to the current finicial crisis we are in)?

http://obama.senate.gov/votes/

Is it because Gov. Palin is a woman? A white woman? A white, Republican, woman?

I do realize that this election was as much about throwing out the current party as it was electing "hope and change". But I wouldn't get to excited about the days we are facing. Even Pres-Elect Obama has lowered the expectations of his Administration right after taking McCain's phone call.

Again, I will support this President because he is our President. And he also won very decisively. I will refrain from using the term "landslide" because the popular vote was close. Reagan didn't even constitute a landslide in my opinion.

Well, enough of this... I have my Sat. morning militia meeting in the woods to practice firing off some semi-automatic rounds and a white-supremacist cocktail party later tonight (it is my turn to bring the combos and Bud-light).

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Who will win?

Postby Gutterflower » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:33 am

LOL I am friends with many rednecks and have even dated a few - I didn't mean that as a blanket statement :wink:

By landslide - I meant the electoral votes, not the popular vote - which was a lot closer. Landslide/decisive - semantics.

Most people I hope are intelligent enough to realize that things aren't suddenly going to change overnight - or even in 4 years. Happy days are NOT here again and probably won't be for awhile. I don't know that Repubs and Dems are going to be reaching across the aisle to each other right away. But we can hope, can't we? There wasn't a whole lot of that with the Bush administration.

...as for Palin - I didn't join in making fun of the woman and haven't even watched any of the SNL skits about her. The only thing I saw about her was the VP debate. I was thoroughly underwhelmed, and she came across to me as a glorified cheerleader and extremely well coached. It has nothing to do with her being a white Republican woman - her race means nothing to me. I didn't like Hillary as a candidate for anything either and was not going to vote for her regardless. Palin's selection came across to me as just fulfilling some demographic - as I said before, a shallow selection that was used to try and lure the female vote.

Obama's experience or lack thereof didn't seem to be a deterrent to the voters.

Have fun out in the woods - I need to go to the firing range and pop some caps off myself. It's been awhile 8)
Image

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Who will win?

Postby Vernon » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:37 pm

Hey mrmetal,
This one is too easy.
Gutterflower took it way too easy on you about Sarah Palin :)
Here's some reasons why she scares me and most of the east coast to death.

---She calls her husband "first Dude".

---She made rape victims pay for their own forensic evidence kits.

---She's opposed to abortion....even in cases of rape and incest....even if victims are childern

---She believes creationism should be taught in public schools.

---She believes man made global warming is false.

---She supports a constitutional ban on same sex marriage.

---She couldn't even name one newspaper she reads on a daily basis.

---She didn't know which countries were in NAFTA.

I've got more.Those are some of the scariest facts to me personally.
No matter what TV tells you she will find it very hard to ever win over the east coast.
I feel very sorry for McCain.IMO he would've probably taken the election without her on the ticket.Even though McCain obviously wasn't my choice.
later....

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Who will win?

Postby Vernon » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:20 pm

bubbles wrote:
Vernon wrote:Hey Bubbles,
You're Bubbles and I'm Conky Brother.
Good to meet you.

Conky couldn't exist without Bubbles.

Fuck anyone here who doesn't understand what we're talking about.
Conky always tells it like it is.

People need to lighten up.
You can't kill Conky.
You and I know that..

later....


I am very pleased to meet you Conkey, at last someone knows which Bubbles I am :wink: We better get Ricky and Julian and send those who don't get our point to 'Fuckety Offity Land' you just have to love Sunnyvale don't you? 8)


Hey Bubbles,
Gotta love TTPB!!! :D :D
You had me a little worried.You didn't reply to my post right away and I said to myself "Oh shit....I bet I've made a fool of myself....he doesn't know what I'm talking about".
"I've met another guy I think is cool on the Jake board and now he thinks I'm some freaky idiot"

They're all hilarious.

J-Roc always cracks me up laughing :lol:
You know they made him up before Eminem was even a rapper.
J-Roc is a brillant character.

Good to meet you Bubbles!
You take the prize for the coolest name I've ever seen on the Jake board. :D

Bubbles and Conky forever :D
Now I should really get back to my kitties and shopping carts :lol:

One last joke...."A dope trailer is no place for a kitty". :lol: :lol:
later,
Vernon

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Who will win?

Postby mrmetal » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:47 pm

Vernon wrote: I've got more.Those are some of the scariest facts to me personally.
No matter what TV tells you she will find it very hard to ever win over the east coast.
I feel very sorry for McCain.IMO he would've probably taken the election without her on the ticket.Even though McCain obviously wasn't my choice.
later....


:lol: No Republican can win over the East Coast. I have never seen it in my lifetime.

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Who will win?

Postby Vernon » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:29 pm

mrmetal wrote:
Vernon wrote: I've got more.Those are some of the scariest facts to me personally.
No matter what TV tells you she will find it very hard to ever win over the east coast.
I feel very sorry for McCain.IMO he would've probably taken the election without her on the ticket.Even though McCain obviously wasn't my choice.
later....


:lol: No Republican can win over the East Coast. I have never seen it in my lifetime.


Once again.....I have to say you are a very smart man.
I always have to be careful what I type with you around here cause I know you'll get me :lol:
You had me laughing cause you're right again.

But to take your point a bit more seriously.Mitt Romney would've been a much smarter choice than Palin.Mitt has always done well on the east coast.

One of these days we >will< talk on the phone Brother.
I'm sure you and I would surprise each other even more.
For example I absolutely hate the Kennedy family.
They're nothing more than a pack of dishonest rum running scum bags.
Especially JFK......(my opinion obviously....before I get anyone else upset with my views) :lol:

That's why the internet can be a great thing.People like you and I can talk and see that we have much,much more in common than TV would have us believe.
later....

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1231
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: OBeach town, Florida

Re: Who will win?

Postby frethead » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:27 am

Dang! There is a whole ton of stuff going on in here, now!!! Hi Vern! My comment about Oblablamama "not being the President yet" is absolutely true and correct, and I chose to begin my post differently so as to not foment some racially based discourse, give the wrong impression, or for someone to wrongly associate a bold statement so concise with some kind -of violent planning. I've lost a little of my cool this year, having drawn lines with family and friends, rightly so, and I have to say that the majority of my stress over this year's election has been caused by the continued, muleheaded negligence to "see the forest for the trees" by the Democratic party, and not so much their party leader. Did you hear the one about the Democrats wanting to bring the terrorists that are being held at Guantanimo Bay to the U.S. Mainland, so that they can receive the same rights and be tried like everyone else on American soil? Ofcourse! What a stupendously exhilarating idea, Obatanaman!
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Who will win?

Postby mrmetal » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:43 am

I would also add that Biden does not support a constitutional amendment in support of gay marriage nor does he support re-defining marriage as anything but a man and a woman, as does most Americans whether they are Democrats or Republicans. California voters defeated that measure on the state's ballots.

I am not sure that Gov. Palin supports an amendment banning gay marriage or abortion for that matter. I think she said, if I am not mistaken, that she thought it was up to the State's to decide what laws they wanted to implement in regards to social and moral issues. She said that she was not in favor in amending the Constitution on those types of issues. I totally agree with her on that particular point.

Interestingly enough, this is an example of the far left over reaching a non-existent mandate from the people. They thought they could coat tail the establishment of legal gay marriage in with the supporters of Obama/Biden, but they were defeated soundly.

In this election, several Democrats won House and Senate seats running on conservative, Republican platforms. These are conservative Democrats that far-left leaning Dems, like Pelosi, will have to reach across to in order to push some of their ideals.

When the bailout plan failed, Barney Frank, Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer ran to the TV cameras and blamed Republicans, but the truth is they didn't need any Republican votes to push that through. It was defectors in their own party that defeated that bill. I expect to see alot of this in the coming years.

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Who will win?

Postby Vernon » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:50 pm

Hey Frethead,
I know you're cool and I assumed you didn't mean anything ominious by your statement.
The fact that it was removed made it seem worse (not the way you ment it in the first place).I had to point it out.

I'm in the same boat as you.
I've sat back and watched what I consider to be the worst president in US history....George Bush.
I like absolutly nothing about him and I never have.
The man can hardly speak english and form thoughts.
He's almost completely put himself above answering questions from the media during his presidency.

My friends and family know I was against the Iraq war from day one.
As with my opinion on 98% of the things Bush has said and done.

I spent 8 years putting up with what I consider to be our worst mistake.
Republicans never fully realized how angry the rest of us were.

It's the American way.
I can totally understand how frustrated you are Frethead.
I understand because I was that way for 8 years.I tried to change things with my votes and it didn't matter.

No need to really debate on George Bush because I hate everything about the man (except his father) and all I'll do is continue to upset myself.

Lastly you're exactly right.....Obama isn't president yet....let's hope Bush doesn't fuck anything else up .
Sorry Dude....I had to jab you at the end........just jokes.

Seriously...I can sypathize with you.
later....

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests