Does Jake have a disease making him Blind?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Does Jake have a disease making him Blind?

Postby BadSeed » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:50 am

That one was an ESP though, not a fender. Thing is, he's been out of the limelight for years, guys do continue to buy guitars even if they are not performing.Its an addiction, a 6-string kind.Hard habbit to break.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Alkeys » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:43 am

Ok sorry-
Just wanted to know if you guys heard anything. Didn't mean to contribute to a rumour. It's lame some guy put that in Wikipedia without knowing whats up. Sorry I asked about it.

Jake IS the most mysterious dude ever, and sightings are rare, interviews are rare, material is rare. The only other guy I can think of that is a wrecklusive as Jake is Vitto Bratta. It is a bummer fans of him like myself have to piece together little bits and pieces here and there on the internet to find out about him, what he's up to.

Jake has had it rough so I guess i can understand why he's wrecklusive.
THink about it, you go from top of the world (Ozzy's band) to virtually shunned afterwards, then you get in a great band and one of the greatest singers in the world, who happens to be in your band (Ray Gillen) gets AIDS. I'm sure there's other stuff that goes down too but it would be hard to be in Ozzy's band- endorsed by all these music companies, on the cover of magazines etc... to all of a sudden one day, not having your face on magazines, no big tour to do etc... That would be hard, so I guess I can see why he is the way he is.

But then again, Brad Gillis did Night Ranger, George Lynch did Dokken etc...and they're still out there to be spotted on tour.

Oh well.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:50 am

Alkeys wrote:But then again, Brad Gillis did Night Ranger, George Lynch did Dokken etc...and they're still out there to be spotted on tour.

Yeah, "Rockstars" can have a professional life and a private life.
As for where Jake stand, I don't know but I think he could be more open.
However, it's his desicion :!:

While we're still on the subject of reclusiveness, can anybody find
an interview with Akira Takasaki ? ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Bengal65 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:19 pm

Yea, and even the older guys, like Roger McGuinn is still touring without the Byrds of course and 2 of the members of the former Byrds have passed on.

Postby shaggyshane » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:22 am

jb42371 wrote:i wouldn't say he looks ill at all, i found these online, they are dated september 10, 2005, thats all i know...........

http://www.hamburgermaryslv.com/images/ ... ges/13.htm

That sure does look like it could be Jake E Lee.

Remember Jake is in his late 40's and he could have easily dyed his hair.He could have just jumped up on the stage and jammed with this Ozzy-Cover band just as a "one-off" thing.This link is Las Vegas,isn't that where he is living now?I'm sure since it was a one time thing he isn't gonna bring his signature guitar to the show.

We need to find the web of this band that is jamming and see for ourselves.

Half of those people in the crowd look very :D

Freakin Hilarious 8O :lol:

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:18 pm

In regards to my re-ply post above: I’d ventured over & checked out this Wikipedia (encyclopedia) Website and it does mentions/states toward the end of this in-depth Brief Music History Bio that fame Rebel Rocker/Guitarist Jake E. Lee (Ozzy Osbourne, Badlands, Wicked Alliance, Jake E. Lee, Rough Cutt, Bourgeois Pigs, etc.,.) has suffered some disabling illnesses and was now considered to be legally blind yet that does not prevent him from playing or recording. I must admit that this totally rattled me and have known that the Rebel Musician/Writer Jake E. Lee has had visual problems since his days in Ozzy Osbourne band & have worn prescribed glasses/contact lenses there on for years! I pray and hope this is not true (Jake losing his sight, etc.,.) for I realize that Jake E. Lee has been through much struggles/both good & bad and painful hurts in his established Music Career and losing his beloved Parents in the same year/2003 (I believe) certainly must have taken a “toll” on his Health: it’s Heart wrenching losing your love one(s). As I’ve mentioned above I’m not one to quickly fall into rumors and certainly hope that this is an misguided statement/I'm sure of that for it's false...-yet if Jake E. Lee has lost some of his vision/or all and have had disabling illnesses problems well that does not make him less of a man, a Father and a musician because of those problems: he is in fact a very strong, stubborn & noble human being with a lot of strong will integrities and continues to move forward in his Life & Music Career. I thank God he has the “love & support” of his Family (daughter Jade & granddaughter Sharon and girlfriend Gigi Hangach/his lady flame of Phantom Blue fame in his Life are all strong will Rebel women and baby girl. Amen!) Keeping/watching his back making sure the Rebel man/Jake E. Lee stays on track and are there for him & vice versa. And plus his true fans are obviously supportive/keeping watch of this legendary Rebel Musician Jake E. Lee’s rich Music Career. Peace and many respects!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:37 pm

Well, if he does have vision problems, which is nothing to be ashamed of, that might explain a great deal as to why he's not been aggressive in his musical career post Badlands.

We'll continue to support him when he does give us more new riffage!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:55 pm

got me thinking of another american guitars with an eye problem, that
plays country(i think) ... think the name was Danny something ...
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:15 pm

“No this is not déjà vu that I’m re-posting one of my re-ply posts (Feb 8th, 2006) above: I had left out an couple of words that I felt needed to be included in the 1st sentence of this “vital” re-ply post. So that’s why the re-posting, here it goes again! Thanks for understanding. And to Alkeys there’s no reason to feel sorry for bringing your concerns regarding the Wikipedia Music Bio on Jake E. Lee for you needed to express your thoughts on the matter: like we all do & thanks for bringing it to our attentions. Peace!”

In regards to my re-ply posts above and the Main Topic post message (started by Alkeys) above: I’d ventured over & checked out this Wikipedia (encyclopedia) Website and it does mentions toward the end of this in-depth Brief Music History Bio that fame Rebel Rocker/Guitarist Jake E. Lee (Ozzy Osbourne, Badlands, Wicked Alliance, Jake E. Lee, Rough Cutt, Bourgeois Pigs, etc.,.) has suffered some disabling illnesses and was now considered to be legally blind yet that does not prevent him from playing or recording. I must admit that this totally rattled me and have known that the Rebel Musician/Writer Jake E. Lee has had visual problems since his days in Ozzy Osbourne band & have worn prescribed glasses/contact lenses there on for years! I pray and hope this is not true (Jake losing his sight, etc.,.) for I realize that Jake E. Lee has been through much struggles/both good & bad and painful hurts in his established Music Career and losing his beloved Parents in the same year/2003 (I believe) certainly must have taken a “toll” on his Health: it’s Heart wrenching losing your love one(s). As I’ve mentioned above I’m not one to quickly fall into rumors and certainly hope that this is an misguided statement yet if Jake E. Lee has lost some of his vision/or all and have had disabling illnesses problems well that does not make him less of a man, a Father and a musician because of those problems: he is in fact a very strong, stubborn & noble human being with a lot of strong will integrities and continues to move forward in his Life & Music Career. I thank God he has the “love & support” of his Family (daughter Jade & granddaughter Sharon and Gigi Hangach/his lady flame of Phantom Blue fame in his Life are all strong will Rebel women/and baby girl. Amen!) Keeping/watching his back making sure the Rebel man/Jake E. Lee stays on track and are there for him & vice versa. And plus his true fans are obviously supportive/keeping watch of this legendary Rebel Musician Jake E. Lee’s rich Music Career. Peace and many respects!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:06 pm

MetalHead wrote:got me thinking of another american guitars with an eye problem, that

I have no idea, and I live in Tennessee! :lol:

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:17 pm

Wasn't Jeff Healey blind? He was a pretty good guitarist I thought... and oh btw, I am Poets role model! :twisted:

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:47 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
MetalHead wrote:got me thinking of another american guitars with an eye problem, that

he's somewhat overweight too.

he's in one of the magazines stored in my basement ... get the picture ? ;)

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:15 pm

MetalHead wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:

Do you mean Danny Gatton? I think he committed suicide in 1994.
Danny Gatton.com

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:45 am

Gutterflower wrote:
MetalHead wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:

Do you mean Danny Gatton? I think he committed suicide in 1994.
Danny Gatton.com

No, it wasn't him either ...

Postby shaggyshane » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:02 pm

It would still be nice if somebody who actually hangs out with Jake,or is a family member of his would come on here and let us know what the hell is going on with him.We can speculate until we are blue in the face.

You have to believe there is somebody out there who has some information on him.

Where are the guys from VH1 who chase down famous rock stars from the past when you need them?

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...