Raised, blown, off-road & chromed Patriotism-Cadillac style

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Raised, blown, off-road & chromed Patriotism-Cadillac style

Postby frethead » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:59 am

O! Cool. I get to ask someone who's actually owned one! I've been fascinated for years with the configuration of those 3 bucks. Euuuuhhhhhrrrrhhh??? :? 8O I don't know, did you get ( like, is it even a possibility) a weird out -of -phase kind of response, as in the Strats, out of the middle buck, or what ?! As is my understanding, the coils of a humbucker are wired out -of -phase ( N to S, S to N ) to each other, so, like. What?! Is there some sort of coil tapping going on in the middle, so that you have an extra coil per p/u selection?! LIKE, DUDE, TELL ME!!! What the hell kind of noise did you get out of that thing??? HOW DOES IT WORK?! Sorry about that 82, man. :lol: The high was only 79 on Tuesday :P
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants

Postby SDBinNY » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:52 am

No,the middle one wasn't out of phase, it was a neck position pickup in the middle position. It was more of an organic, glutteral tone with the middle pickup.

It was wired to a standard 3 way toggle, bridge/bridge,middle/neck. Peter Frampton has it right, though. His middle pickup isn't on the toggle, it is on independent volume and tone control, and the bridge and neck pickups are on the other set. Mine was wired so the middle pickup was on the neck controls and had no independence.

Gotta run. Responses may be spotty for a little while... I have a store to open in 2 weeks on top of a full time job..

See ya soon....
Ace Frehley sucked during his good years, and I can make a beer and BBQ fart in the bathroom sound better than the great percentage of his guitar work! ~ Frethead 6/5/08

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:59 pm

Great! Thanks.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Previous

Return to Free for all...