Goodbye for now....

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Goodbye for now....

Postby mrmetal » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:04 am

Just wanted to stop in for a bit and say farewell to all the peeps here at Jake Talk.

I have participated in this forum for a long time and I have seen many changes over the years; I have also met some really nice people. Rather than give an excuse or a reason, I am just saying goodbye.

Jeff has done a great job since taking over the site way back when and I will miss the fun dialog.

The people I will miss the most are the longtime posters that I have gotten to know over the years from the original board that Luna (Rene) monitored. I wanted to mention some here:

Shadow (Sharon) - I always loved reading your posts and sheer enthusiasm for rock music. I love you Sharon, you are sweetheart and one of the kindest souls I have ever met. Stay in touch, you know where I am.

Fretman (Jake) - Direct and dry sense of humor and your no bullshit, Texas personality. You know where I am Jake so just email me or call and we can go have a beer and watch some Astros sometime.

Vernon - Always dug your rants and raves that covered everything from politics to partying! You rock man - you got to talk to Jimmy Page and you are a very good friend. You can still reach me at the same email and phone number.

Shredder - Good luck with the music business, you are great guitar player. We still need to do that call with Vernon sometime!

I will also miss a couple of not-so-old posters:

Linda - Always had a knack of coming up with great posting topics. I think you have always had the most active topics. The Steelers looked great Sunday night! :D

Dean - Good luck with the custom pedal business and I hope your dreams come true.

And of course everyone else here that has made this a fun place to visit like Doobie, harddriver (Poison does rule my friend :twisted: ), MetalHead (Lock n' Loll Krazee Nights), Poets (long live progpower metal and Savatage!), and anyone else I may have forgotten.

I wish you all good luck and prosperity in life, love, happiness, and of course wealth in the coming years.

Take care and God bless,

Walter Gernand (AKA mrmetal)
themistermetal@yahoo.com

Killer of Giants

Re: Goodbye for now....

Postby MetalHead » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:30 pm

why this all of a sudden ? :(
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Whoah! Say it isn't so MrMetal! Damn . . . here, I've been watching for you to come around and you come up with this?!! lol I'm just giving you a hard time, bud. I'm sorry we didn't hook up in Hot Springs! I understand that you've got to do what you've go to do, man. I hope the best for you and yours. Live long and prosper, Walter.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:29 pm

Awww ... Walt ... you will be greatly missed. Thanks for the shout out - I know I haven't been on the forum very much lately, but I still check in from time to time. Today I got on and read your post :cry:

Here's hoping you change your mind one day and decide to post again! You've always kept it real ... Keep it rockin' 8) All the best to you and your family - live well and prosper :)

xoxox
~Linda

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:20 pm

Dear Walter our very own Mr. Metal "please" do not leave/your very much "needed" here: if I said anything not so nice or not said anything when topics got heated on some off the wall subject..'well I'm truelly sorry. When I get "upset" I go through a silent tantrum saying to myself well I'm not speaking to him or her "whatever"...'that's the wrong way to handle a desagreement over something. Don't you think I have not notice you :cry: have not been here on JakeELee.com as of late & you even left "my" personal space on myspace.com...'which hurted me to the quick/made me upset. I've been friends w/you Walter/Mr. Metal since the old board & boy was that a maddening :x situration there when beloved Webmaster*s O'Neill & new comer Jefnel1 held the stems together when the board was under attack ...'and you "rattled" everyone there rather we were nice or not! So, 1556 postes later your :? saying you have to vacant for awhile...'that's a lot of hard earned postes, Mr. Metal & feel deeply truelly you should not go but if need be take a little rest but "please" don't go, your a real treasure 8O keeper Walter/Mr.Metal w/a strong bold heart & my friend forever. :P 8) :twisted: Love you, too & I will keep in touch making sure you come back. Godbless & get some rest, love your friend, Sharon-shadow

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Thanks for all the great comments guys. I did say "for now" and not "for good."

Shadow, you have nothing to do with me leaving for a spell. Don't apologize to me about anything you have said. The things you say, and the way you say them, is one of the characteristics of your personality that makes you beautiful soul you are - Don't change!!!! I bet you are a real treat to have as a friend that you would have actual contact with - instead of this online world. You know how to reach me if you need/want - I will always be a friend to you my dear Sharon.

I will never forget JakeTalk. I may even become more like the maestro himself. You may never know when mrmetal is in stealth mode just catching up - unless you happen to be there when he is!

Postby skezza » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:32 am

We'll miss you mate. Gutted to see you leave to be honest.
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:54 pm

You did say "for now" not "for good" ...'well, that's nice to know, I just sorta twisted the wording there abit (and thought you were leaving forever! :cry: ) in your main post, Mr. Metal. So it wasn't something I said or didn't say to prompt your decision of leaving for awhile, that's a relief to know for I always try to be "myself" which can range from funny-silly to very discreet and fair hearted. That's who I am. And when mad...'well that's another story it goes into an array of sorts which I'm sure we all carry that, some more wildly then others. hee, heee! We're gonna miss you much Mr. Metal you & your "rattleling :twisted: maddening" ways & your humour both bold & kind and maddening. So, Walter go and learn your maestro stuff, okay like you've mentioned above. Your bold stubborn kind Soul & I always wish you the best, Mr. Metal/Walter. 8) love your, friend Sharon-shadow

I shall keep in touch & hope my e-mails won't send you into a frizzy...'with all my strange ways. :P smile!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:42 pm

That's a big 10-4, MrMetal! You just go on now, don't worry about a thing, we'll make sure the coffee's hot when you come back around, and . . . hey, keep it between the lines. You know, buddy?
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Postby Fretman » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:04 am

Hey Walt...I'll keep in touch with you. I hope all is well with you and your family. Let's grab a few beers soon and shoot the sh**.

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:16 pm

Well Walt, I hope you're not going through a tough period of your life.
If that's the case, let me tell you you have my sympathy and I hope you get over any trouble that may show up in your future.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:34 pm

I have always enjoyed reading your posts and viewing your opinions Mr. Metal even though they did not necessarily reflect those of my own. I wish you the best and hope all is well with you and yours.

Scary out.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:18 pm

Hey mate I am not around as much as I used to be due to all soughts of things going on in my life, but you can just drop in and out like I do mate, hope all is well mate, been great getting to know you...Hahahaha, lol you didnt mention me in your wrap :( Just joking mate, take care mate, and keep on rockin. :)

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:51 pm

Well, I hate to hear this Walt. I've enjoyed posting with you over the last couple of years, but I haven't been around much lately. You're the only one that understands my music!!! Now what am I suppose to do??? :lol:

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:29 am

I trust he'll enjoy his sabbatical as much as I did. It's nice to see the site's still up and running.

Next

Return to Free for all...