Stone Out

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Stone Out

Postby frethead » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:14 am

frethead wrote:O well. See ya, Mike. Whoever you are . . . Whip??! LMAO I bought Reich's four song EP waaay back when, became dumbfounded with the level of musicianship, instantly became the "biggest fan," and faithfully bought every succeeding album. Seems to me Chris DeGarmo was, essentially speaking, the Alpha and Omega of that band. I'm not sure what's been going on with them since, I don't know, was it Frontierland, Wasteland ( or something like that)?! Man, this is one band I really, really wish hadn't become so popular/successful so quickly! Scott Rockenfield is THE SHIT!!! MAN! DRUMMER! lml lml

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:17 pm

rockinrye wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:I believe that most Ryche fans overlook the fact that DeGarmo was involved in the worst album of their career, Hear In The Now Frontier.

~Brian~

You haven't heard of the cd called "Tribe" then .

I still think Tribe is a little stronger, but that isn't saying much for sure! The song Cookoos Nest makes my skin crawl!

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:16 am

O, man. I REALLY botched that last post! Geez, guess I know what you guys ( and ladies) are thinking, now. I screwed up. I'll make sure it never happens ever again!
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:04 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
rockinrye wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:I believe that most Ryche fans overlook the fact that DeGarmo was involved in the worst album of their career, Hear In The Now Frontier.

~Brian~

You haven't heard of the cd called "Tribe" then .

I still think Tribe is a little stronger, but that isn't saying much for sure! The song Cookoos Nest makes my skin crawl!

~Brian~

Cuckoo's Nest makes me wanna puke too , but I think Saved is decent along with You .

Tribe , I like Open .......... and thats all.

Postby Greg » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:55 pm

I havnt heard that band since the 80's. But I vauguely remember hearing them and thinking they were o.k.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:03 pm

Still going (not so strong in Ontario ) where I live , but in other markets they do well.

Killer of Giants

Postby SDBinNY » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:22 pm

They did slide downhill after DeGarmo left, and I really don't think that OMC2 was anywhere near as good as it SHOULD have been, even with Ronnie James Dio on board.

The Ryche's forte was always well written lyrics with a driving rhythm behind it, but their last few efforts have had nothing that would pique my interests at all...
Ace Frehley sucked during his good years, and I can make a beer and BBQ fart in the bathroom sound better than the great percentage of his guitar work! ~ Frethead 6/5/08

Postby Greg » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:44 am

I dont know how we ever got into talking about ace freley- lol- but funny never-the-less-lol.

Postby Greg » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:49 am

Yea, ol' Ace F. I guess I never really looked to his style of playing for inspiration, I wouldnt say he was absolutely terrible, but then I wasnt a Ace fan , but more of a Kiss tunes follower, and for me it was just the fact that it was just good ol' rock n roll, that made them good, not the solos.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:42 pm

_will_ wrote:Nick Catanese plays with ZW in Black Label, Nick is in this guys new band 'speed x'

Rock: My point was: Zakk puts a record out pretty quick after he finishes the last tour he does, not leaving much time off. Nick has played with him since the mid 90's. This could lead to Zakk having a bit of a break and coming back with some good music, like it used to be. Either that, or Ozzy has lined up a big tour without BLS supporting - thats what my earlier comment was referring to, not intended to be silly. Just hoping for some of the old Zakk back.

My apologies mate, I sounded pretty damn arrogant in that comment, Just that Zak does alot of things in music, and I am sure Nick does too as well as myself and other ppl here on this board. Is just these days everyone shares the lovin around in bands in between commitments, and I am sure Zak wouldnt have a prob with that. Hard to make a living these days from music, was easier in the old days and stay with one band, but you will find it is an accepted thing to play in more than one band or work on more than 1 project these days. :)

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:51 am

SDBinNY wrote:They did slide downhill after DeGarmo left, and I really don't think that OMC2 was anywhere near as good as it SHOULD have been, even with Ronnie James Dio on board.

The Ryche's forte was always well written lyrics with a driving rhythm behind it, but their last few efforts have had nothing that would pique my interests at all...

DIO didn't write the song Murderer , he just sang in parts of it. I agree with you Mindcrime 2 should have been way better.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Greg wrote:I dont know how we ever got into talking about ace freley- lol- but funny never-the-less-lol.

No, man. Thanks, but that is a signature thingamajig which can be added to your profile at your My Account/ personal page. :)
Last edited by frethead on Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants

Postby SDBinNY » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:19 pm

rockinrye wrote:
DIO didn't write the song Murderer , he just sang in parts of it. I agree with you Mindcrime 2 should have been way better.

Where in my post do I mention RJD writing anything? I merely stated that even his presence could not be a saving grace for an abysmal attempt to regain what is so obviously lost.....
Ace Frehley sucked during his good years, and I can make a beer and BBQ fart in the bathroom sound better than the great percentage of his guitar work! ~ Frethead 6/5/08

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:01 pm

QUEENSRYCHE are an phenomanel Master band, I like them alot: their music Epic Classic. I miss their origional guitarist/Chris DeGarmo to pieces, why did he leave anyway...'I was really upset when he decided to leave, all those yrs and one of the vital core(s) of Queensryche's success. So it was quite a shock when he left & I hope he will return back to his music brothers in mindcrime QUEENSRYCHE: but in the meantime the newest album looks intriquely tough of this "Soldier" campboots in the dirt on the Battle field. Looks quite serious and I'm curious in what the songs intails on this much awaited new album. I never had anything against the guitarist Mike Stone whom had taken on some pretty heavy shoes of filling in for legendary guitarist Chris DeGarmo...'and I do wish him/Stone well w/his other endeavors. All the best to the legendary QUEENSRYCHE & their up coming new album "Soldier." By the way I liked "Here In the Now Frontier" alot, it's nothing wrong with that album..'the only thing strange though is all those cut :? off ears in jars but other then that I love this album but "Operation Mindcrime" is my favorite totally Epic Drama. Peace!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:11 am

American Soldier will be out in Canada March 31 .

There is bits and pieces of the first single " If I Were King " all over the net.

Don't think they will come too Canada for the tour.

Previous

Return to Free for all...